You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YukonHunter

Patch 7.0 = Fail

47 comments in this topic

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles

So, what did WG bork this time?

Well, we got these silly little badges whose implementation was lifted straight outta COD (ripped off would be a better term, especially the 'YOU WERE KILLED BY DERP' part), we have direct access to a training room that is nothing like it used to be (namely, you cannot set the AI ships to be stationary and/or nonhostile, nor can you even set what ships to go against - if Im wrong, please show me)  And we got the Musashi which is just as obscenely overpriced as the Missouri and a hella lot weaker overall.

But hey, at least they finally fixed the horns, right? So i guess one good thing this patch? Ish? Maybe?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I like the badges. The logo elements are well-done and made with care; I only wish there were more palette options for the backgrounds, to better match the emblems themselves.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Supertester
471 posts
4,397 battles
12 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Well, we got these silly little badges whose implementation was lifted straight outta COD (ripped off would be a better term, especially the 'YOU WERE KILLED BY DERP' part), we have direct access to a training room that is nothing like it used to be (namely, you cannot set the AI ships to be stationary and/or nonhostile, nor can you even set what ships to go against - if Im wrong, please show me)  And we got the Musashi which is just as obscenely overpriced as the Missouri and a hella lot weaker overall.

But hey, at least they finally fixed the horns, right? So i guess one good thing this patch? Ish? Maybe?

Not many know this but right clicking on "Mogami" which is the bot they allow you to add a first brings up a list of the other ships you can add. But yeah not being able to set their activeness sucks

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
9 minutes ago, AyanoMidori said:

Not many know this but right clicking on "Mogami" which is the bot they allow you to add a first brings up a list of the other ships you can add. But yeah not being able to set their activeness sucks

Yer right; I didnt know that part; thanx! (Id give props buut im out today. xD)

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,270 battles
35 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I like the badges. The logo elements are well-done and made with care; I only wish there were more palette options for the backgrounds, to better match the emblems themselves.

I don't like how they get shoved in your face as you get sunk adding insult to injury. I usually stay and watch a battle to the end if I get sunk, but these new trolly badges make me think "eff this" and to go back to port.

• Cool 3

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

I don't like how they get shoved in your face as you get sunk adding insult to injury. I usually stay and watch a battle to the end if I get sunk, but these new trolly badges make me think "eff this" and to go back to port.

you-shall-deal-with-it.jpg

They go away really quick, dude. If you really want to watch the rest of the game, then strap your man-pants on, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT!

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
28 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Sigh.

Who cares where the badges come from.  I mean badge are a take em or leave em kind of thing for me as they don't really allow all the much customization and don't have all that much variety.  Also it appears they are being doled out to you in such tiny quantities that it will probably be ages before I earn the Wolf emblem that actually has any meaning for me (considering my username).  I mean what is the point of having access to only like 5 background and 6 emblems none of which has a bit of meaning to me in game.  Yeah this is kind of pointless.   However it isn't fail by any stretch because some people will find it fun or cool and for the rest of us, we just really won't care meaning overall a net positive.

As far as the training room well considering we had nothing yesterday (Unless you ran a mod) I would call a training room with limited functionality a net positive.  Also your not thinking broadly enough.  How about friend getting together to have a custom battle maybe a RN vs KM match up or IJN vs USN or maybe a historical match up using only ships from an actual historical engagement or a Clan just wanted to get together to practice tactics or do coordinated tests or....well you get the picture.  Basically there is a hell of alot more you can do with the training room that just fire at bots, if that is what you want, just jump into co-op.

As far as Musashi she is not really overprice. She costs pretty much the exact same amount of XP as if you Free XPed a tree from Tier 1 to Tier 9 and while there is nothing about her that is free because if you don't convert XP, your still going to have to buy or have bought premium time, camos and flags to earn that free XP, if you are smart about it, spend your money wisely and aren't impatient with grinding out 200-300 matches to earn her, you can probably pick her up for about $50-$70 pretty easy and while you are doing that, you can use that premium time, camos and flags you bought to progress tech tree ships at 2-4x the rate you would otherwise.  Additional by using those camos, flags and premium time, you will also be amassing tons of credits and progressing commanders at a massive rate.

As far as her being weaker than the Missouri.  Nope, not in the slightest.  Missouri is better for credit earnings by a long shot, can deal with carriers better and has a more interesting play style but outside a CV heavy match with an extreme hard on for the Musashi, the Musashi is the more powerful ship, at least in terms of damage output.  

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
2 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

you-shall-deal-with-it.jpg

They go away really quick, dude. If you really want to watch the rest of the game, then strap your man-pants on, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT!

Nooo actually, I dont think I will. In fact, I, along with others, will complain, very loudly (borrowing a page from DD drivers that whine anytime a nerf is even hinted at despite theirs being the most OP of the game) and send the message to WG that things need fixin, yo.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
10 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Sigh.

Who cares where the badges come from.  I mean badge are a take em or leave em kind of thing for me as they don't really allow all the much customization and don't have all that much variety.  Also it appears they are being doled out to you in such tiny quantities that it will probably be ages before I earn the Wolf emblem that actually has any meaning for me (considering my username).  I mean what is the point of having access to only like 5 background and 6 emblems none of which has a bit of meaning to me in game.  Yeah this is kind of pointless.   However it isn't fail by any stretch because some people will find it fun or cool and for the rest of us, we just really won't care meaning overall a net positive.

As far as the training room well considering we had nothing yesterday (Unless you ran a mod) I would call a training room with limited functionality a net positive.  Also your not thinking broadly enough.  How about friend getting together to have a custom battle maybe a RN vs KM match up or IJN vs USN or maybe a historical match up using only ships from an actual historical engagement or a Clan just wanted to get together to practice tactics or do coordinated tests or....well you get the picture.  Basically there is a hell of alot more you can do with the training room that just fire at bots, if that is what you want, just jump into co-op.

As far as Musashi she is not really overprice. She costs pretty much the exact same amount of XP as if you Free XPed a tree from Tier 1 to Tier 9 and while there is nothing about her that is free because if you don't convert XP, your still going to have to buy or have bought premium time, camos and flags to earn that free XP, if you are smart about it, spend your money wisely and aren't impatient with grinding out 200-300 matches to earn her, you can probably pick her up for about $50-$70 pretty easy and while you are doing that, you can use that premium time, camos and flags you bought to progress tech tree ships at 2-4x the rate you would otherwise.  Additional by using those camos, flags and premium time, you will also be amassing tons of credits and progressing commanders at a massive rate.

As far as her being weaker than the Missouri.  Nope, not in the slightest.  Missouri is better for credit earnings by a long shot, can deal with carriers better and has a more interesting play style but outside a CV heavy match with an extreme hard on for the Musashi, the Musashi is the more powerful ship, at least in terms of damage output.  

The badges are too 'in your face' and far too CODesque to ignore. They need to go.

The training room was available - without any outside mods - before 7.0. Just took changing a file. What has since replaced it is ultimately a downgrade. As such, it needs to be called out for it.

The Musashi IS demonstrably weaker than Missouri in multiple levels -  Poor credit making, No radar, VERY atrocious AA by all accounts, and worse RNG. For the same cost as a Missouri, which itself isn't all that great a ship even for its tier?  Fail argument.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,256 posts
9,621 battles

:Smile_popcorn:

this thread is gonna go places

Edited by tcbaker777

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles
13 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

The Musashi IS demonstrably weaker than Missouri in multiple levels -  Poor credit making, No radar, VERY atrocious AA by all accounts, and worse RNG. For the same cost as a Missouri, which itself isn't all that great a ship even for its tier?  Fail argument.

You clearly have not seen what Musashi can do. Those silly reasons as to why she is worse is the fail here.

Musashi is great, and a powerful ship to contend with on the battlefield. Take it from someone who said her, she is good.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
2 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

You clearly have not seen what Musashi can do. Those silly reasons as to why she is worse is the fail here.

Musashi is great, and a powerful ship to contend with on the battlefield. Take it from someone who said her, she is good.

Pffft. The only time I saw the Musashi in the field she was being driven by a pro statpadder and his score barely edged mine two tiers down driving the really awful DOY (and not in kill count).  I wasn't impressed. 

Members
2,620 posts
7,690 battles
1 minute ago, YukonHunter said:

Pffft. The only time I saw the Musashi in the field she was being driven by a pro statpadder and his score barely edged mine two tiers down driving the really awful DOY (and not in kill count).  I wasn't impressed. 

so one game, where you were only a spectator and not the driver is apparently a good enough sample size to determine if a ship is good or bad, then to complain about it on the forums? seems legtit

9JJGo1Z.gif

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles
11 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Pro statpadder does not make the ship bad. Neither does one bad game make it one either. 

Musashi is a good ship and I enjoy her. She is powerful, and is in many respects, the most powerful BB at T9.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,285 posts
21,550 battles

Have said it before, don't care about the little patches or emblems. They are meaningless but am glad they are in the game for those who like that stuff. With that said, who didn't see it coming that some players wouldn't like them? Only a moron would think otherwise and they should allow the option to turn the crap off for those who don't wanna see it. I really is simple and has nothing to do with "manliness" or whatever. No options is a bad thing, always has been, always will be.

The thing I don't care for in this patch is the addition of a "friendly" AI carrier in PvE play. Such a stupid idea that I just don't want to play anymore. Co-op players asked for enemy carrier or battleships added to a PvE match to make them more challenging and to give more ships to farm xp on. Adding a friendly bot to compete for xp against is moronic. Was already hating the game because of the DoY grind, this patch just pushes me over the edge.

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,698 battles

Need I remind everyone to keep things constructive? Please avoid any unnecessary trolling and some of the obvious baiting just to incite an argument.

Thanks.

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
14 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Pro statpadder does not make the ship bad. Neither does one bad game make it one either. 

Musashi is a good ship and I enjoy her. She is powerful, and is in many respects, the most powerful BB at T9.

My point was, despite a pro statpadder (Yknow, one of WG's 'special friends' as it were) being at the helm, I was able to outperform it in a DOY - a ship  that most agree is at best weak, if not the worst t7BB in the game at present.  Hells, even Mouse admits how horrid the ship is aside of her guns.  

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
1 minute ago, Mezurashi said:

Need I remind everyone to keep things constructive? Please avoid any unnecessary trolling and some of the obvious baiting just to incite an argument.

Thanks.

That would be appreciated, yes.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,314 posts

I have played online games for over ten years now. Every single time a patch has come out in any game that I have played someone has immediately come to the forums and said that it sucked.

Members
4,132 posts
15,440 battles

In past patches, I've liked most of the things that the devs have done and they've always gotten a "attaboy!" from me. In this patch, the only things I like about it is the "ho-ho-ho" going bye-bye-bye. and the port camera. Overall, this patch gets a "ah-sh*t" from me.