Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SimiaStoicus

Would you buy Musashi if you already have Yamato premium camo?

8 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
226 posts
5,814 battles

Can’t make my mind up and wouldn’t mind some input.

i have Mighty Mo and Nelson already. Have 800k freexp saved up. Was definite no buy at 900k+ freexp. Would be definite buy if same earning potential as mighty mo. But as is, kinda ambivalent since I already have premium camp on Yamato. Only reason to buy would be to beat on tier 7s?

leaning towards buying as am not sure better ways to spend my free xp.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
9,521 battles

Yup bought Musashi, have Yamato perma camo. it's not about credits or xp gains, keep playing Yamato if you need those. Musashi is a stupidly OP ship you play for fun because you like and are good at Yamato, but want derp around T9 and that's about it.

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Do you enjoy the Yamato more than the Missouri? If you answered yes I'd say go for it.

If no, then only get her for the collection value. Missouri makes more cash and Yamato gives you the play style.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,647 battles

If you have something better to use your FXP on then, no.  But otherwise it seems like a better boat than the early reviews suggested.  The real question is whether or not you like the Yamato enough to play it that much.  It's similar enough that you know what you're getting already.  Other than training IJN BB captains there's no particular benefit to it in terms of bonuses and I doubt that it's going to see T9 matches enough to make the lower tiering worth it in terms of clubbing T7 players.

But there's nothing wrong with it if you think you'll play it.

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles

I would say only if your into collecting ships.  Otherwise, no probably not.  Since you mention earning potential I am currently getting roasted in another thread I started a few hours ago in regards to the Musashi's earning potential.

You can read it here.

To give you a summary though.  Nope, she does not earn anywhere near as much as the Missouri.  In fact I don't really think the Musashi earns much more than a Tier 8 premium BB if that.    If you want a more respected opinion.  Look for Little White Mouse's review of the ship.  She did some serious number crunching and came up with the following.

75% base earning potential of a Missouri.

12.5% increase base earning potential of a Tier 8 premium.

This is before service and repair by the way so that 12.5% increase in base income potential gets eaten up by the increased repair and servicing cost of the Musashi being a higher tiered ship.   Based on this and my admittingly very limited play of the Musashi, I would guess the real difference in earning potential between the Musashi and your typical Tier 8 premium battle ship is more like 5-7% NET income, Net being the important number after all.  It is pretty sad really and I was honestly expecting something more along the lines of 20% more NET earnings than a Tier 8 premium or roughly 85% of what the Missouri earns.   

Overall I love the ship.  Feels exactly like a Yamato and I do mean exactly.  Couldn't tell the difference between the Musashi and the Yamato at all and I just got done playing like 20 matches in the Yamato on the PTS just last weekend.  Obviously you will have better performance when your Top Tier while having weaker performance in a hard core Tier 10 match up but that kind of feels like a wash overall. 

On the other hand, she does earn more than a Yamato with premium camo.   There is no doubt about it.  Probably double the amount that a Yamato with premium camo makes based on my results from the PTS this weekend so if your in love with the Yamato and want a ship that feels just like the Yamato but actually earns you significantly more credits than the Yamato, grab her because in that regard the Musashi absolutely does make significantly more credits than the Yamato even with premium camo.  

• Cool 1

Members
2,190 posts
8,354 battles

Have Yamato with perm camo.  Picked up Musashi today, and it’s Y-118 camo.  Would do it again in a heart beat, much fun.

You will not find better ship in game for training captains.

Edited by Veksha

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,724 posts
4,278 battles

I will, she is a historic ship, and I am a collector and history buff.

Sign in to follow this