Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Midnitewolf

Musashi - Great Ship, Beyond Disappointing Earnings...Buyer Beware

40 comments in this topic

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,438 battles
40 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

So just got ***WARNING*** DO NOT BUY IF YOUR GOAL IS CREDIT EARNING!!!

p.S. If that's your goal, credits? Why play? The goal is to play your position well and help your team, no matter the boat, and WIN!!

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles
3 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

The ONLY reviewer that actually commented on exactly how much less was Little White Mouses review that just hit the forums today where she states it makes 75% of what a Missouri would make.   

Well to be fair, in the same exact review she also said it only makes 12% more credits than a Tier 8 premium.  

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

If your goal is credit making than buy tier 8 premiums on sale it’s way more cost effective and fun as your can take a break from a play style if you are tired of it. Buy a tier 9 BB locks you into one ship for money making. I have 8 tier 8 ships for making silver and can grind for hours with being bored.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
15 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Musashi came in 0.7.0, MO is departing in 0.7.2.

What about Missouri didn't click with you?

I honestly don't know.  Before alot of the issue I had was the raised citadel combined with an aggressive, maneuver-centric playstyle that seemed to work well on the Tripitz but tended to get me deleted in the Missouri hehe.  Now with the lowered citadel I am doing better with her but still can't get it to click for me.  I even reviewed tons of youtube videos, read tons of forum posts and attempted to emulate what I saw and read there but just can't quite get the knack for her.   Honestly I just think she is a bit cursed for me as I will have perfectly lined up full on broadside shots on the enemy bracket and miss or bounce and shatter right and left, while in all those videos I watch, the shell just magically seem to find the enemies citadels time and time again.   Don't seem to have that issue in the vast majority of other BBs I have played but nothing wants to connect when I am playing my MO. 

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
5 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

If your goal is credit making than buy tier 8 premiums on sale it’s way more cost effective and fun as your can take a break from a play style if you are tired of it. Buy a tier 9 BB locks you into one ship for money making. I have 8 tier 8 ships for making silver and can grind for hours with being bored.

Lets be honest here.  If the Missouri didn't earn the credits it earns, do you really think that there would be some many Missouri's in the game?  It is an Iowa with Radar, no more, no less.  Radar is a nice little gimmick but that is not enough to make people fork over $120 to covert XP or spend tons of money on camo and signals to grind out the Free XP.  Why are some many people right now working so furiously to get the Missouri before she is gone in a month?  It is because it earns significantly more credits than a Tier 8 premium and there is never going to be another ship that earns credits like the Missouri can, Musashi makes that very clear.   Also the thing about the Missouri is that since you don't have to grind for hours to make the same exact income as with those Tier 8s, you also don't get bored. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,593 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Midnitewolf said:

DO NOT BUY IF YOUR GOAL IS CREDIT EARNING!!!

If your goal is credit earnings, just buy a nice tier 5 premium, because it is almost impossible to lose money at that tier, even if your name is Spud and you come from Idaho.

Members
710 posts

Personally I think all premium ships of the same tier should make the same credit earning.  Silly to have one T8 bb make more then another when no diff camo/flags are used.  Boosting Mu up to Mo's I think would be fair as the cost of these ships is insane vs T8 premiums.  Im not going to grab a pitchfork over it but in my opinion gun sounds needs fixed and credits need boosted to Mo level.  Seriously wg wth with the gun sounds, why would you not just use Yamatos they are identical guns, anyone who has played a Yamato in this game instantly noticed the difference. 

I dont care for the HSF camo costing 5000 dabloons but looks like there might be a mission coming for that at least.  All the perma camos in this game are way over priced in my book, T10 camos 5k dabloons... come on its a camo that costs as much as a mid tier premium 1500-2k is much more reasonable.  Reasonable prices = more sales. More sales at low prices = same amount of money earned but with the added benefit of happier customers who are then willing to spend more in the future.

Edited by JToney3449

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,941 battles

pretty sure most people playing at 9 and 10 don't really care about making money, or they are just waiting to post that "Just got a Billion Credits" thread.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
1 hour ago, JToney3449 said:

Personally I think all premium ships of the same tier should make the same credit earning.  Silly to have one T8 bb make more then another when no diff camo/flags are used.  Boosting Mu up to Mo's I think would be fair as the cost of these ships is insane vs T8 premiums.  Im not going to grab a pitchfork over it but in my opinion gun sounds needs fixed and credits need boosted to Mo level.  Seriously wg wth with the gun sounds, why would you not just use Yamatos they are identical guns, anyone who has played a Yamato in this game instantly noticed the difference. 

I dont care for the HSF camo costing 5000 dabloons but looks like there might be a mission coming for that at least.  All the perma camos in this game are way over priced in my book, T10 camos 5k dabloons... come on its a camo that costs as much as a mid tier premium 1500-2k is much more reasonable.  Reasonable prices = more sales. More sales at low prices = same amount of money earned but with the added benefit of happier customers who are then willing to spend more in the future.

Honestly I am kind of with you here.  I mean credits aren't really something that I have ever worried about so I don't see what is so broken about the Missouri's earning potential to be honest.  Also a good Tier 8 premium BB which can be easily acquired will earn in 3 matches what the Missouri will earn in two.  Oh Noes, a Tier 8 owner will have to spend an additional 15 minutes in game to earn the same as the Missouri hehe.  It is kind of ridiculous considering how much money it really takes to earn something like the Mo or Mu because lets face it, you aren't earning 750k Free XP on a free account with no flags or camos any time soon. 

On the other hand, fine, they feel the Mo is earning too much, ok np but seriously WG, Reducing the Musashi down to Tier 8 premium earnings is a bit over kill. (Confirmed by LWM by the way).

As far a the premium camos, I don't think I agree with you.  Honestly, I did some testing this weekend with the Yamato and premium camo and it pretty much makes its earnings comparable to a Tier 7 premium or there about.  A Tier 7 premium BB will set you back about $44.00. 5000 Doubloons will set you back $23.50.  Overall the value seems to be pretty good.  What I don't think has a good value is the Musashi's premium camo, the HSF camo.  It only gets a 50% bonus to commander XP for 5000 doubloons.  That is a heck of alot for what will amount to maybe an extra 500-1000 commander XP per match.  If they would have tacked on a 20% income bonus or some such to the Musashi's HSF camo as well as the 50% bonus to commander XP then I could maybe see it being 5000 doubloons.

1 hour ago, Ks_Twister said:

pretty sure most people playing at 9 and 10 don't really care about making money, or they are just waiting to post that "Just got a Billion Credits" thread.

I think you might be wrong here.  I would bet there are alot of Tier 9/10 players not sporting premium camo and without premium camo those ships get pretty expensive to run.  I know the entire reason I decided to pick up the Missouri last year was because of the insane credit earning potential it had.  At the time, wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole otherwise simply because it was too much like the Iowa to spend the money I needed to spend on it to convert the XP I needed.  750k free XP makes for an expensive ship especially a year ago before all the camos and signals were out that boosted XP/Free XP gain to the levels you can achieve a game.  Best you could do then was about 300-500 free XP a match, now with the proper flags and camos, 4000-10,000 free XP a match can be done (of course this is expensive in its own right).

So I think credit earning is still a heck of a motivator when it comes to why people purchase premium ships. 

Members
692 posts
836 battles
29 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Honestly I am kind of with you here.  I mean credits aren't really something that I have ever worried about so I don't see what is so broken about the Missouri's earning potential to be honest.  Also a good Tier 8 premium BB which can be easily acquired will earn in 3 matches what the Missouri will earn in two.  Oh Noes, a Tier 8 owner will have to spend an additional 15 minutes in game to earn the same as the Missouri hehe.  It is kind of ridiculous considering how much money it really takes to earn something like the Mo or Mu because lets face it, you aren't earning 750k Free XP on a free account with no flags or camos any time soon. 

On the other hand, fine, they feel the Mo is earning too much, ok np but seriously WG, Reducing the Musashi down to Tier 8 premium earnings is a bit over kill. (Confirmed by LWM by the way).

As far a the premium camos, I don't think I agree with you.  Honestly, I did some testing this weekend with the Yamato and premium camo and it pretty much makes its earnings comparable to a Tier 7 premium or there about.  A Tier 7 premium BB will set you back about $44.00. 5000 Doubloons will set you back $23.50.  Overall the value seems to be pretty good.  What I don't think has a good value is the Musashi's premium camo, the HSF camo.  It only gets a 50% bonus to commander XP for 5000 doubloons.  That is a heck of alot for what will amount to maybe an extra 500-1000 commander XP per match.  If they would have tacked on a 20% income bonus or some such to the Musashi's HSF camo as well as the 50% bonus to commander XP then I could maybe see it being 5000 doubloons.

I think you might be wrong here.  I would bet there are alot of Tier 9/10 players not sporting premium camo and without premium camo those ships get pretty expensive to run.  I know the entire reason I decided to pick up the Missouri last year was because of the insane credit earning potential it had.  At the time, wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole otherwise simply because it was too much like the Iowa to spend the money I needed to spend on it to convert the XP I needed.  750k free XP makes for an expensive ship especially a year ago before all the camos and signals were out that boosted XP/Free XP gain to the levels you can achieve a game.  Best you could do then was about 300-500 free XP a match, now with the proper flags and camos, 4000-10,000 free XP a match can be done (of course this is expensive in its own right).

So I think credit earning is still a heck of a motivator when it comes to why people purchase premium ships. 

Seeing LWM announcement the "Hold my beer" Roma camo will cost 2k more dubs than the HSF "3 stripes and I give up"

[ANZ4C]
Members
187 posts
7,360 battles

No issues with the credit earnings, first game below which is a loss and before modifiers i had earned 700k. Obviously results wont be typical but this seems no different to a similar game in my Missouri. 

shot-18.01.18_17.33.20-0645.jpg

shot-18.01.18_17.33.31-0138.jpg

shot-18.01.18_17.33.42-0810.jpg

Members
692 posts
836 battles
2 minutes ago, SilhoutteFG said:

No issues with the credit earnings, first game below which is a loss and before modifiers i had earned 700k. Obviously results wont be typical but this seems no different to a similar game in my Missouri. 

shot-18.01.18_17.33.20-0645.jpg

shot-18.01.18_17.33.31-0138.jpg

shot-18.01.18_17.33.42-0810.jpg

If it was a Missouri you'd have at leas 2 mill credits.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
9,893 battles
39 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

If it was a Missouri you'd have at leas 2 mill credits.

not that much, about 300k~400k more with Missouri.

My Musashi did only 99k damage but still get ~1M (it was a win but still get ~700k if lost)

a.jpg

b.jpg

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,765 battles
5 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

Also do not forget T8 and up pay full repair bill no matter the damage taken or destroyed. Compairing the Mush to a lower tier ship is wrong. try another T9 ship

ALL tiers do that dude, not a single tier in existance other than tier 1 that is free or lower cost for repairs. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,152 posts
14,258 battles

I didn't go into Musashi with any expectations on credit earning potential other than it would not earn like Missouri (and it doesn't) and that as a Premium it would earn pretty good (which it does). It earns more than T8 Premiums, more than T9 regular tech tree ships, and seems to be about the same as or a little above T10 ships running perma camo. All seems right to me. :Smile_great: 

Plus the ship is way better than what the reviews tried to paint it as. Main guns are more accurate than they tried to tell us (not as good as Yamato but no way near as bad as they tried to tell us they were).  The secondary guns are not "great" but hardly bad even if you don't go secondary build. The only thing I have found that the reviews hit the nail on the head with, as far as negatives go, is the AA. It really is bad for a T9. Other than that the ship is great.

Sign in to follow this