Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Midnitewolf

Musashi - Great Ship, Beyond Disappointing Earnings...Buyer Beware

40 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles

So just got Musashi and took her out on her first run.  Had a very good game with her too.  141k damage, 3 kills, 3 heroic achievements, 1727 Base XP, 2nd place on my team on a Win.  Heavy Tier 10 match up.  No income boosting signals or flags mounted. No premium consumables used.   438k Net profit after Repair and Service.

By comparison I will use a Triptiz.

100k damage, 1 Kill, 1 Heroic achievement, 1809 Base XP, 1st place on my team, Top Tier in a heavy Tier 8 match up.  No Income Boosts, No Premium Consumables.  350k Net profit after Repair and Service.

That is only a 88k difference in profit and I would like to point out that since the Musashi was bottom Tier, I should have been getting bonuses for engaging higher tiered targets while the Tirpitz was top tier and not able to receive bonuses for fighting ships of higher Tier.  If I would have been uptiered in my Tirpitz I would have potential earned even more credits.

So basically the Musashi earns about as much as a Tier 8 premium  or maybe just maybe edging it out slightly.  That's not just bad, THAT'S BAD!!!

You know I understand that WG felt the Missouri was earning too many credits and maybe it was considering it wasn't hard to earn near double what a Tier 8 premium could earn but shouldn't a Tier 9 premium at least earn I don't know.....50% more or hell even 25% more income than a Tier 8 premium???

Anyway, as I said, it is a very strong and fun ship no doubt about it but if your considering buying a Musashi you need to be very aware just how bad its earning potential is.  It not only doesn't print credits like the Missouri, it can't really earn more than a good Tier 8 premium can earn, at least not by a significant amount.  A good Tier 8 premium will set you back $54.  Musashi can set you back as much as $120 if your going to convert XP.  Even if you don't convert your going to have to invest significant amounts of $$$ in camos and signals if you want to grind out 750k XP so I personally would recommend saving your Free XP and picking up a good Tier 8 premium BB for credit earning if that is your goal or better yet, just get the Missouri if you don't already have her.

So I will just leave this with any perspective buyers. 

***WARNING*** DO NOT BUY IF YOUR GOAL IS CREDIT EARNING!!!

Note:  I am not upset at the credit earning, just disappointed as I was hoping I could use the Musashi to replace my Missouri as my "go to" credit farming ship.  Unfortunately that isn't happening, not by a long shot.  Even with that said and perhaps because I do actually have the Missouri, I do not regret buying the Musashi because even though I have only played her one match, I can already tell I am going to enjoy her.  Therefore if you have the Missouri or are just looking for a fun ship, I don't think you can go wrong. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[WOLFB]
Members
2,223 posts
9,745 battles

Overall ow much do you earn with Musashi without premium ? 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
Just now, Battleship_Constitution said:

no duh man. lern to read reviews

Ahh....actually I did read the reviews.  What I didn't have with the reviews was a perspective.  Earning less than the Missouri just means it earns less than a Missouri. None of the reviews said it earned about the same as a Tier 8 premium.  For example, that match I had in the Tirpitz would have earned me about 650k net income in the Missouri.  That is a pretty hefty spread, roughly 200k difference between the 350k earnings in the Tirpitz and the what I would have earned in the Missouri.  Less than the Missouri would could very well have been 550k or 600k net earnings both of which would have still been a fairly significant increase in net earns over a Tier 8 premium.  What I was Surprised and disappointed about was the fact that the real difference is probably only like 50k between the Musashi and a Tier 8 premium.

As I mentioned, I am not upset in the least I spend the Free XP because I do have the Missouri to fall back on, I was just shocked at how bad the Musashi earns were and wanted to make sure everyone who was considering getting it had a better perspective, something I didn't have, on just how bad the earnings really were.

• Bad 2

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
4 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

okp66FD.gif.26b87e9171513692f86e279d669a1762.gif

Excuse me your right.  There was 1 Tier 8 per team.  In fact the mix was 6 Tier 10s, 5 Tier 9s and 1 Tier 8 per team.  

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

this is my first match in musashi.   i'd even forgot to mount my flags  lol.   I find it more than  strong and adquate for my need.  it is also my highest dmg match for me. so no complaint.

shot-18.01.17_20.31.29-0512.jpg

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,548 battles
9 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Ahh....actually I did read the reviews.  What I didn't have with the reviews was a perspective.  Earning less than the Missouri just means it earns less than a Missouri. None of the reviews said it earned about the same as a Tier 8 premium.  For example, that match I had in the Tirpitz would have earned me about 650k net income in the Missouri.  That is a pretty hefty spread, roughly 200k difference between the 350k earnings in the Tirpitz and the what I would have earned in the Missouri.  Less than the Missouri would could very well have been 550k or 600k net earnings both of which would have still been a fairly significant increase in net earns over a Tier 8 premium.  What I was Surprised and disappointed about was the fact that the real difference is probably only like 50k between the Musashi and a Tier 8 premium.

As I mentioned, I am not upset in the least I spend the Free XP because I do have the Missouri to fall back on, I was just shocked at how bad the Musashi earns were and wanted to make sure everyone who was considering getting it had a better perspective, something I didn't have, on just how bad the earnings really were.

you did not read the reviews. the MO makes stupid cash. Famu, Noser, Ichase, Nozuop, all said the same thing the mush is not the cash maker the MO was NOT EVEN CLOSE. All of them have end battle results to prove this.

Tirp camo on credits VS Mush? they the same? repair costs lover on a T8 ship than a T9 ship as well. Also do not forget T8 and up pay full repair bill no matter the damage taken or destroyed. Compairing the Mush to a lower tier ship is wrong. try another T9 ship

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
1 minute ago, injunmick said:

Get's hammered by Mo nicely. Go get yur Jap boat, more for us Mo's to hammer.

I literally suck with the MO.  I just can't get it to perform for me.  I got a 49% win rate in her, only average 69k damage and a 843 WTR rating. Below average across the board.  She isn't my worst BB but she is close.  Usually I can average around 1100-1200 WTR with a good majority of my BBs. 

On the other hand I have played the Yamato quite a bit during Closed Beta and probably have a good 60+ matches with her on the PTS maybe more so pretty much knew that the Musashi would fit me better.  I had hoped that what she lacked in raw credit earning potential compared to the Missouri I could make up with better quality game play in the Musashi.  However, with earning potential this low, even superior game match performance isn't going to be enough. 

Members
688 posts
832 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Did I miss an announcement?  I didn't think we were supposed to get Musashi for several more weeks?

Musashi came in 0.7.0, MO is departing in 0.7.2.

2 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I literally suck with the MO.  I just can't get it to perform for me.  I got a 49% win rate in her, only average 69k damage and a 843 WTR rating. Below average across the board.  She isn't my worst BB but she is close.  Usually I can average around 1100-1200 WTR with a good majority of my BBs. 

On the other hand I have played the Yamato quite a bit during Closed Beta and probably have a good 60+ matches with her on the PTS maybe more so pretty much knew that the Musashi would fit me better.  I had hoped that what she lacked in raw credit earning potential compared to the Missouri I could make up with better quality game play in the Musashi.  However, with earning potential this low, even superior game match performance isn't going to be enough. 

What about Missouri didn't click with you?

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
5 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

WTR is setup so that 1000 occurs when your performing average in a ship. MO is mostly played by better layers, her averages are far higher.

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,438 battles
4 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

was razzin you guys, but, honestly, the games I've played lately since she was introduced, the players have failed over all, in my witnessing.

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,548 battles

ripped from little white mouse.

" Missouri's biggest claim to fame is her credit earning coefficient which is, frankly, off the charts.  Thanks to help from within the community, I collected pages upon pages upon pages of Missouri results screens to analyze her credit earning compared to Musashi's.  While the sample size from the latter was admittedly smaller, being donated only by fellow CCs and Supertesters, it did give me a glimpse into the earning differences between them. "

Musashi earns approximately 75% of the credits Missouri earns.
Musashi earns approximately 12.5% more than a tier VIII premium.
So did you really read all the reviews?

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,548 battles

Musashi may not be the best credit gainer in the fleet however she is the best IJN BB premium we have seen so far. I dont buy IJN premium BB's because they are all bad. however I will be getting the Musashi

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,438 battles
2 minutes ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

ripped from little white mouse.

" Missouri's biggest claim to fame is her credit earning coefficient which is, frankly, off the charts.  Thanks to help from within the community, I collected pages upon pages upon pages of Missouri results screens to analyze her credit earning compared to Musashi's.  While the sample size from the latter was admittedly smaller, being donated only by fellow CCs and Supertesters, it did give me a glimpse into the earning differences between them. "

Musashi earns approximately 75% of the credits Missouri earns.
Musashi earns approximately 12.5% more than a tier VIII premium.
So did you really read all the reviews?

Yup, had a game today, did about 110k dmg and lost, still got 900k silver. But she is damm good fun to play, for many reasons other than creds.

• Cool 1

Members
688 posts
832 battles
2 minutes ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

Musashi may not be the best credit gainer in the fleet however she is the best IJN BB premium we have seen so far. I dont buy IJN premium BB's because they are all bad. however I will be getting the Musashi

I have to admit, every single IJN BB but Zucchini has been a reskin that is mediocre, Musashi is a reskin that is good. 

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,330 battles

Another BB that got beaten with a nerf bat in some manner?

Next we will hear how water is wet.

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
19 minutes ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

you did not read the reviews. the MO makes stupid cash. Famu, Noser, Ichase, Nozuop, all said the same thing the mush is not the cash maker the MO was NOT EVEN CLOSE. All of them have end battle results to prove this.

Tirp camo on credits VS Mush? they the same? repair costs lover on a T8 ship than a T9 ship as well. Also do not forget T8 and up pay full repair bill no matter the damage taken or destroyed. Compairing the Mush to a lower tier ship is wrong. try another T9 ship

Dude, don't tell me what I did or didn't do.  I read all the reviews, watched all the videos and like I said, I knew it would make less because they all said it would make less.  The ONLY reviewer that actually commented on exactly how much less was Little White Mouses review that just hit the forums today where she states it makes 75% of what a Missouri would make.   Also you can't always tell what the hell income modifiers they have mounted.  One of Notser's videos showed him making 1.3 million.  I think Flamu's was at 950k or maybe even just over a million. Both are highly skilled at WoWs, maybe in the top 10-15% of all players.  As I mentioned in one of the other posts in this thread, I suck at the Missouri and even with Flags haven't broken more than 978k with it so how the hell am I supposed to get a perspective of what less means?  My assumption was that they would scale it to be somewhere between what a good Tier 8 premium would make and what the Missouri would make.  So if I could expect to pull 350k regularly on the Tirptiz and 650k on the Missouri , I was expecting 500 or 550k on the Musashi, not 380k on the Musashi.  

Also I am not sure why I am even having to defend myself.  This wasn't even a complain post.  I just wanted to get it out there JUST HOW BAD THE EARNINGS ON THE MUSASHI WERE.  Pretty simple.  I mean I really got a laugh here that the fact I posted a warning about just how bad the earnings were on the Musashi and people are pouncing on me like a hyena's on a wounded antelope. 

Seriously take a chill.  I like the ship.  I am not saying it isn't worth the 750K free XP I am just pointing out that the credit earnings aren't just Less than the Missouri, rather they are just downright pitiful so DON'T BUY THE SHIP IF YOUR AFTER A CREDIT EARNER.

Wow, let me get the Flak Cannons going to shoot down some of this negativity. :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

OH Wait.  I forgot, the Musashi doesn't have any AA. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,093 posts
37 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

***WARNING*** DO NOT BUY IF YOUR GOAL IS CREDIT EARNING!!!

This was already well known.  A T9 Premium is going to make better credits than any ship except Missouri.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,548 battles
2 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Dude, don't tell me what I did or didn't do.  I read all the reviews, watched all the videos and like I said, I knew it would make less because they all said it would make less.  The ONLY reviewer that actually commented on exactly how much less was Little White Mouses review that just hit the forums today where she states it makes 75% of what a Missouri would make.   Also you can't always tell what the hell income modifiers they have mounted.  One of Notser's videos showed him making 1.3 million.  I think Flamu's was at 950k or maybe even just over a million. Both are highly skilled at WoWs, maybe in the top 10-15% of all players.  As I mentioned in one of the other posts in this thread, I suck at the Missouri and even with Flags haven't broken more than 978k with it so how the hell am I supposed to get a perspective of what less means?  My assumption was that they would scale it to be somewhere between with a good Tier 8 premium would make and what the Missouri would make.  So if I could expect to pull 350k regularly on the Tirptiz and 650k on the Missouri , I was expecting 500 or 550k on the Musashi, not 380k on the Musashi.  

Also I am not sure why I am even having to defend myself.  This wasn't even a complain post.  I just wanted to get it out there JUST HOW BAD THE EARNINGS ON THE MUSASHI WERE.  Pretty simple.  I mean I really got a laugh here that the fact I posted a warning about just how bad the earnings were on the Musashi and people are pouncing on me like a hyena's on a wounded antelope. 

Seriously take a chill.  I like the ship.  I am not saying it isn't worth the 750K free XP I am just pointing out that the credit earnings aren't just Less than the Missouri, rather they are just downright pitiful so DON'T BUY THE SHIP IF YOUR AFTER A CREDIT EARNER.

Wow, let me get the Flak Cannons going to shoot down some of this negativity. :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

OH Wait.  I forgot, the Musashi doesn't have any AA. :Smile_teethhappy:

so basicly telling us what we already have known fr a few weeks. thankx man but FYI we knew this already from LWM review and others. But way to try to be relavant

Sign in to follow this