Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Numbah18

Free the Fuso

28 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,066 posts
1,830 battles

I have enough free xp to get the Fuso but should I get her that way or finish grinding out the rest of the price with the Kongo?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,557 battles

Grind out Kongo. Kongo is a gudbote, just enjoy the ride and don't get too mad at T5 matchmaking.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,535 posts
14,021 battles

Grind the ship normally and save free XP for the modules. 

• Cool 3

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,280 battles

Get the Kongo modules and complete her. Great ship. Fuso rocks, you'll like her, she's sleek and bad azz. You want a really great tier 5 ship? get the Cesare when it comes around again.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,932 posts
10,862 battles

If you don't have much Free XP, your best use of it is to upgrade stock ships.  Fully upgraded ships are more comfortable to play, stock ships often suck.  Skipping an entire ship (or even most of a ship) is rarely a wise use of your Free XP.

Even if I made a list of ships that might qualify for a skip, Kongo would not even be close to making it.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,498 posts
15,773 battles
1 hour ago, Numbah18 said:

finish grinding out the rest of the price with the Kongo?

Of all the BB's at tier 5, Kongo, due to her ability to shoot from FAR AWAY, is the least likely to mind being uptiered. Just grind it out.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,145 posts
11,227 battles

Finish the Kongo then you will appreciate the Fuso. When played in the Kongo, you learnt to snipe from range, you get the snipping skill and actually learn to lead your shot .. this transfer over to short burst of shotgun in your face style since the Fuso is nasty with 12 turrets and they hit HARD, they hit pretty HARD, and what best is even in the AP, you can instant delete the dd if you know where to shoot.

Don't free XP it

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,599 posts
3,603 battles

agreed, finish the Kongo, she is a good ship and teaches important IJN BB lessons, like don't get to close but snipe from max range will loss you matches also. Finding that happy middle ground is key

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,094 posts
16,435 battles
5 hours ago, Khafni said:

Grind the ship normally and save free XP for the modules. 

This I highly recommend.  Stock Ships are very bad experiences and may very well sour your outlook on your future with that ship.  Tier V isn't too long to grind with, so save the FreeXP so you can purchase and have a fully upgraded Fuso as soon as you get her.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
356 posts
4,798 battles

Kongo is a fun ship don't skip her she teaches.very valuable lessons. If I have not played IJN BBs in a while I always take one of my Kongo clones out first the only reason I sold Kongo was because I have all the ARP sisters. Save the free XP to upgrade the fuso.

[FATE]
Members
18 posts
3,377 battles

I agree with everyone else here that you should always save your freexp for the modules of your next ship. However, since you are grinding the IJN line, it wouldn't hurt to start saving some of the freexp for the Izumu later down the line. :cap_like:

Edited by Battlelust

Members
314 posts
2,537 battles
On 1/17/2018 at 4:34 PM, warpath_33 said:

Grind out Kongo. Kongo is a gudbote, just enjoy the ride and don't get too mad at T5 matchmaking.

Kongo WAS a gudbote, those days are long gone.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,599 posts
3,603 battles
4 hours ago, manon45 said:

Kongo WAS a gudbote, those days are long gone.

How so, she still has speed, range and accuracy. Her armor is still as soft as every but she can dictate her fights unlike most of the ships she sees. Only the Scharnhorst sisters can match her speed, but unable to chase her down. The Fuso and Nagato are the only ships with the range and accuracy to reach her but she can hit them back and their soft ships also

Members
314 posts
2,537 battles
3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

How so, she still has speed, range and accuracy. Her armor is still as soft as every but she can dictate her fights unlike most of the ships she sees. Only the Scharnhorst sisters can match her speed, but unable to chase her down. The Fuso and Nagato are the only ships with the range and accuracy to reach her but she can hit them back and their soft ships also

Accuracy? I keep seeing people say that but Ive used all the non premium tier 5 BB's and kongo seems to have the worse accuracy of them, nothing beats that glorious iron duke accuracy.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,599 posts
3,603 battles

All of them have the same 1.8 sigma except the Kongo has the tightest dispersion of all. Now it does have the least guns also so it might feel inaccurate but she really isn't

[HEROS]
Members
1,509 posts
12,830 battles

Yep.

1.Keep Kongo.  She will all ways be a fun ride!

Fuso out of the box isn't bad.  Still playable if one must.    She's still my favorite BB of all.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,356 posts
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, Numbah18 said:

I have enough free xp to get the Fuso but should I get her that way or finish grinding out the rest of the price with the Kongo?

You might as well play her. You are past the impacted wisdom tooth that is the Myogi, and from there on out the ride just gets better. Kongo has speed, which is scarce as hen's teeth in a BB, especially at tier 5. Fuso is the 9km buckshot champion of DD killing. It has all day range, but unless you are shooting at something roughly the size of Ceylon, I always found the accuracy left much to be desired. Then you get to Nagato, sweet, 16" Lord God of Thunder rifles Nagato. It IS accurate, hits hard, and when upgraded, has secondaries that will shred anything short of Bismark when people get close thinking it is just a sniper boat. Amagi, is a thoroughbred with more of those lovely 16" rifles than Nagato. Izumo, would be a great boat if somebody suffering from acute cranial rectosis hadn't turned one of it's turrets around(apparently they feared some sort of mutiny and made sure they could fire at their own bridge if need be). Yamato, well, it's Yamato. They stuff tier 3 destroyers down the muzzles and fire them at people.

• Funny 1

Members
377 posts

Continue with the Kongo, get the points from her. The Fuso is tons of fun, I just re-purchased the Fuso because it’s such good fun, such a powerful ship (when used correctly) it has so many guns you can split them in half and attack two ships at the same time, with the effect of two standard volleys. It’s range gives you ability to send out the first shot/hit of the game. Against higher tier BBs, it’s a great fire maker and hit point reducer, giving the more capable BBs on your team the advantage. 

Members
5 posts
203 battles

Kongo is a Nice ship, she makes a good Crew Trainer... unfortunately she has been affected quite badly with power creep since Iron Duke came along.... Now Fuso on the other hand best ship tier for tier in the game (with the possible exception of the Nelson) I love my Fuso and am just nearing 1000 games in her.... fantastic, if under rated ship !

Edited by cherry2blost

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,094 posts
16,435 battles
5 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

Kongo is a Nice ship, she makes a good Crew Trainer... unfortunately she has been affected quite badly with power creep since Iron Duke came along.... Now Fuso on the other hand best ship tier for tier in the game (with the possible exception of the Nelson) I love my Fuso and am just nearing 1000 games in her.... fantastic, if under rated ship !

Kongo has had problems for a long while now, ever since German BBs have arrived.  Then MM changes made things much, much harder.

Members
76 posts
On 1/30/2018 at 5:30 AM, KaptainKaybe said:

Kongo is a very good ship. Save your free xp for skipping stock modules. And for skipping past Izumo, lol

Oh SO this!  I came to terms with the Amagi after a very bad start and actually had a decent win rate, but Izumo?  OMG days and days of misery.  

Anyway, OP's probably half way to a Nagato by now! Whatever you decided, hope you're enjoying the Fuso.  :cap_like:

Beta Testers
3,066 posts
1,830 battles

To give a little update I have the Fuso fully kitted out now and she is one of the best ships I've played in this game :Smile_teethhappy: Her torp protection seems to be awesome though. I played a match in her today and took 6 Mahan torps at point blank range which dropped me from 65/70% HP to 25/30% hp. I manged to kill a very panicked and confused Mahan as well :Smile_teethhappy: Now I'm looking forward to the Amagi.

[YETI]
Members
119 posts
5,800 battles
On 1/17/2018 at 5:16 PM, Ghostdog1355 said:

Get the Kongo modules and complete her. Great ship. Fuso rocks, you'll like her, she's sleek and bad azz. You want a really great tier 5 ship? get the Cesare when it comes around again.

Cesare for T5 all other BB's pale in comparison.

Sign in to follow this