Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

AI Submarines-Why we need them

40 comments in this topic

Members
2,865 posts
5,907 battles

Yeah....get rid of detonations and let the SUBS be those instead.   If your too stationary for too long you should be torped by a SUB.  Good IDEA!

Modder, Beta Testers
1,576 posts
2,652 battles
42 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Really? Explain why I see so few?

Since I don't play your matches I can't speak to your personal experience.  If I had to hazard a guess, its because the majority of people got into the game for Yamato, Iowa, Bismarck and shooting big frakkin guns.  The number of players who downloaded the client because they were pining for Fletcher and Yukikaze is relatively small.  In addition they are one of the more difficult classes to play effectively.

It is interesting to note that despite the number played they certainly seem to regularly generate pages and pages of threads on the forum? 

I'll give you a hint as to why, its because they heavily influence the match.  

[LWA]
Members
688 posts
10,483 battles

insert animated gif here (the one where it says "reset the clock counter for submarine posts".....the one from "Pacific Rim"

Since we do have training rooms now....how about put subs in those?  Then having players pilot the submerged subs doing less than 10 knots would discourage posts like these.

Members
328 posts
10,322 battles
2 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

About as much as battleships parked behind an island I imagine.

Moskva, Desmemes, and Minoterds in smoke  corrected it for you

[SHI]
Members
6 posts
778 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol was wondering when another sub thread would surface XD

LOL. Thats punny

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
2 hours ago, TheStarSlayer said:

Since I don't play your matches I can't speak to your personal experience.  If I had to hazard a guess, its because the majority of people got into the game for Yamato, Iowa, Bismarck and shooting big frakkin guns.  The number of players who downloaded the client because they were pining for Fletcher and Yukikaze is relatively small.  In addition they are one of the more difficult classes to play effectively.

It is interesting to note that despite the number played they certainly seem to regularly generate pages and pages of threads on the forum? 

I'll give you a hint as to why, its because they heavily influence the match.  

Ok, no they don’t influence the match. There are so few because of that. Much like cruisers are becoming fewer because carriers aren’t being played for the same reason. In the last several days I have literally been in matches with only four ships total on both teams weren’t BBs.

Members
2,152 posts
5,855 battles
19 hours ago, Focke66 said:

Moskva, Desmemes, and Minoterds in smoke  corrected it for you

No, actually I was talking about battleships in general.  I've of course seen cruisers and destroyers do the Island hug as well but I was talking about battleships, you know, the ships following behind you, supporting you as you head into the cap, only to turn at the last moment and hide behind a convenient island while you get exploderated and kicking yourself for actually thinking a battleship would actually support you when you most needed one to. 

That's what I was talking about, no need for correction. 

Members
22,767 posts
5,794 battles
21 hours ago, awiggin said:

Building a post count...

Because we all know that number of posts is a direct indication of the validity of your opinion....:Smile_teethhappy:

Nah, it's more if you throw enough feces at the wall, some of it will stick.... :Smile_teethhappy: (self-mockery here lol)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,008 posts
11,304 battles

We need them as first step really getting them!

Sign in to follow this