Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

SAIPAN-Pay to Win Ship

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

Why does WG give players the option of buying pay to win ships.

The Saipan is the most obvious pay to win ship. Its a tier 9 ship put into tier 7. As if that's not enough its fighters can disengage from any kind of combat.

I think to even things up all CVs need to get buffed if nerfing the Saipan is not an option. Its nearly impossible for aT6-7 carrier to be able to counter the Saipan and basically the team with the Saipan wins when facing a t7 ranger or less.

This needs to be fixed. The purpose of premi ships is fine because its to farm xp and collect credits but to make this ship so insanely OP has seriously unbalanced the CVs and many battles as a result

Edited by Auriana
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,501
[AXANR]
Members
3,383 posts
17,558 battles
9 minutes ago, Auriana said:

Why does WG give players the option of buying pay to win ships.

The Saipan is the most obvious pay to win ship. Its a tier 9 ship put into tier 7. As if that's not enough its fighters can disengage from any kind of combat.

I think to even things up all CVs need to get buffed if nerfing the Saipan is not an option. Its nearly impossible for aT6-7 carrier to be able to counter the Saipan and basically the team with the Saipan wins when facing a t7 ranger or less.

This needs to be fixed. The purpose of premi ships is fine because its to farm xp and collect credits but to make this ship so insanely OP has seriously unbalanced the CVs and many battles as a result

Saipan has t9 planes, but vastly fewer of them than her contemporaries. She is a bit OP, but a Hiryu can keep up with her fine. A bad player can still suck in Saipan; with CVs, a good player in a bad CV is still better than a bad player in the most OP CV. I see plenty of Saipans get outplayed by Hiryus and (less often) Rangers. 

Ranger is a dumpster fire, but that's not Saipans fault. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
545 battles

Didn't you make this thread a week ago?

 

IMO, a player who constantly whines for things he/she can't handle to be nerfed for them so they can beat them is a bad player.

 

Yes, Saipan is strong, however, she can be, and very often is, beaten. I don't understand why you don't want to learn and just want WG to make the entire game Easy Mode, just for you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

CV player skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CV. I have mopped the floor with a ton of Saipans in a strike Hiryu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,438 battles

Once again, not the equipment, it's the operator. Lemme guess, you got waxed by a good Saipan pilot?

Had a game today, Saipan on opposite team, our Ranger waxed him, but good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
808
[SF-A]
Members
3,009 posts
6,358 battles

It's pay-to-abuse-a-broken-and-fixable-commander-skill-tree.

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
[5D5]
Members
2,682 posts
16,111 battles
2 minutes ago, xDiaboliquex said:

Didn't you make this thread a week ago?

 

IMO, a player who constantly whines for things he/she can't handle to be nerfed for them so they can beat them is a bad player.

 

Yes, Saipan is strong, however, she can be, and very often is, beaten. I don't understand why you don't want to learn and just want WG to make the entire game Easy Mode, just for you.

 

Most likely as OP is a serial whiner type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,762
[O_O]
Members
5,012 posts
11,255 battles
41 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Saipan has t9 planes, but vastly fewer of them than her contemporaries...with CVs, a good player in a bad CV is still better than a bad player in the most OP CV.

Bingo.  I am not a CV player.  I know Saipan is strong, BUT...

Yeah, she has T9 planes.  But, she doesn't get T9 numbers of T9 planes.

Player skill determines CV success.  ESPECIALLY with CV's.

I have seen Saipan on the red team and I have not panicked.  Conversely, I have seen @Femennenly in action (thankfully on my team!), and her name on the red team would strike fear into me.  Player > CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,470
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,614 posts
8,217 battles
54 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Saipan has t9 planes, but vastly fewer of them than her contemporaries. She is a bit OP, but a Hiryu can keep up with her fine. A bad player can still suck in Saipan; with CVs, a good player in a bad CV is still better than a bad player in the most OP CV. I see plenty of Saipans get outplayed by Hiryus and (less often) Rangers. 

Ranger is a dumpster fire, but that's not Saipans fault. 

she is not a bit OP, she is insanely OP, broken, toxic. Why? Because it is a very small pond with only 2 x tech trees for cvs, 4 cvs total at tier 7, this means slightly better = insanely OP, a small fish, in a very small pond with three very tiny fish for company..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[HAG]
Beta Testers
364 posts
5,125 battles

No she is not open if she had more reserves she would be but a decent CV can easily out last her 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,470
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,614 posts
8,217 battles
8 minutes ago, justdags said:

No she is not open if she had more reserves she would be but a decent CV can easily out last her 

Oh, I can beat many a Saipan with Hiryu (by overwhelming it), with a kaga (via deception and/or cv snipe) probably with a ranger too. But then I know the Saipan strengths, and its limits/ I should do, as I own one. But if I am in a Kaga/Hiryu/Ranger vs an equally (or simply competent) skilled player in a Saipan I am dead meat. And so any player would be in similar circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
561
[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,529 battles
58 minutes ago, cometguy said:

have mopped the floor with a ton of Saipans

They burn nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,154
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,610 posts
15,896 battles
30 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have seen @Femennenly in action (thankfully on my team!), and her name on the red team would strike fear into me.

Yes, unfortunately, every time I see Fem, she's wearing red, and that means another chat with Davy Jones for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,762
[O_O]
Members
5,012 posts
11,255 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yes, unfortunately, every time I see Fem, she's wearing red, and that means another chat with Davy Jones for me.

The game I remember with her had a funny moment.  She had moved and positioned her ship behind an island.  One of our team mates told her to move, which I thought was hilarious.  Really?  You are going to tell Femennenly how to CV?!?  Her response mirrored my thoughts, but was quite diplomatic:  "Please don't tell me how to CV."

Priceless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,501
[AXANR]
Members
3,383 posts
17,558 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The game I remember with her had a funny moment.  She had moved and positioned her ship behind an island.  One of our team mates told her to move, which I thought was hilarious.  Really?  You are going to tell Femennenly how to CV?!?  Her response mirrored my thoughts, but was quite diplomatic:  "Please don't tell me how to CV."

Priceless.

My proudest accomplishment in WoWS was in a game with Femmenenly, because I lasted almost 4 minutes before she devstriked me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,154
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,610 posts
15,896 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The game I remember with her had a funny moment. 

My last game AGAINST Fem, I shot down 4 of her planes; 2 minutes later, in a fully decked out Cleveland, I was dead.

Man I hate it when I see her wearing red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,470
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,614 posts
8,217 battles
10 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Every Cv at T7 can beat a Saipan air to air except Ranger. 

even with dogfighting and air sup skilled on your Kaga, good luck contesting air superiority with an enemy Saipan. Just because it is techically possible, does not make it a common occurence. The only thing that suppresses Saipan WR, are battles between 2 Saipans.

22 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

My proudest accomplishment in WoWS was in a game with Femmenenly, because I lasted almost 4 minutes before she devstriked me. 

I too have been clubbed by Femennenly, and Farazellath (watch out, he has an NA account too!), both occasions I don't think they even registered my presence, just another fly to swat out of the sky :Smile_great:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
218 posts
2,111 battles
3 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

even with dogfighting and air sup skilled on your Kaga, good luck contesting air superiority with an enemy Saipan. Just because it is techically possible, does not make it a common occurence. The only thing that suppresses Saipan WR, are battles between 2 Saipans.

 

It's definitely doable if you know how to fighter lock+ strafe. It's hard but you can at least contest the saipan in the air as opposed to being run over like a speed bump in the Ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,900 posts
4,227 battles
2 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

Saipan has t9 planes, but vastly fewer of them than her contemporaries. She is a bit OP, but a Hiryu can keep up with her fine.

 Saipan loses no planes in Strafe-Escapes, though, even with the Air Supremacy Skill, she gets a full IJN Squad's worth of Tier 9 planes, which pushes her off of "borderline OP" and into "truly OP" territory. This basically creates the "I win" combination of binding an enemy squad and then strafe-escaping while strafing with the other squad: Unlike any other CV, if you do it right, you lose no planes.

There's a reason Sub_Octavian decided that Saipan wasn't going to get AP Bombs; and that reason was, "Saipan is powerful-enough already."


True, her reserves are awful, but if you're a halfway decent Saipan player, that doesn't matter, because you're not losing planes in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,900 posts
4,227 battles
44 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I too have been clubbed by Femennenly

Tip about Fem: If you watch her videos, she spends most of her time microing her bombers. While this allows her to set-up for some devastating drops, it makes her very vulnerable to fighters because she's not paying as much attention to them. If you want to throw her, you kill her fighters while she's arranging a drop, and then go after the strike aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,900 posts
4,227 battles
2 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

Ranger is a dumpster fire, but that's not Saipans fault. 

Ranger was actually OK before Saipan. I remember both: Ranger before Saipan, and Ranger afterwards. Ranger afterwards was a dumpster fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,846
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,186 posts
7,724 battles
3 hours ago, Auriana said:

Its nearly impossible for aT6-7 carrier to be able to counter the Saipan

Not true. Ranger is the only tier 7 CV that has a truly hard time; but Hiryu and Kaga can still contribute fairly well against a Saipan.

Saipan does punish bad CV players to a greater degree than any other T7 CV, perhaps that's why people complain about it so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×