You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
opism

0.7.0.0 feedback

14 comments in this topic

[GLF]
Beta Testers
14 posts
9,172 battles

For the love of god, when you die, the killing ships emblem covers the middle of your screen.  REMOVE THIS!  When I die, I am still tracking my shells or torps, or just want to watch something.  Please do not take the bad ideas from CoD.  I would 100% rather have no emblems than this crap covering the middle of the screen.

Edit:  This is so annoying, I am not playing till fixed.  Pisses me off something awful.

• Cool 2

Members
887 posts
17,364 battles

This thread will be lock shortly because you have voiced a widely held and shared opinion that happens to be a variance with the opinion WarGaming wishes you to hold and share. Next time, share something like this:

...and relate it to how you feel while playing warships.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
818 posts
12,896 battles
8 minutes ago, opism said:

When I die, I am still tracking my shells or torps, or just want to watch something.  Please do not take the bad ideas from CoD.  I would 100% rather have no emblems than this crap covering the middle of the screen.

I am working and cannot play for a few more hours. Are you saying that, if you want to stick around and watch the rest of the game you have to do so with an emblem of the player that sunk your ship in the middle of your screen? If so, that's a real drag.

Respects,

Am

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,557 battles
6 minutes ago, Amracil said:

I am working and cannot play for a few more hours. Are you saying that, if you want to stick around and watch the rest of the game you have to do so with an emblem of the player that sunk your ship in the middle of your screen? If so, that's a real drag.

You only see the emblem for less than ten seconds. It does annoyingly sit in the middle of the screen for that period though, and I'm sure we would all be happier if it popped up in a corner instead or something.

• Cool 1

[TGO]
Alpha Tester
32 posts
3,561 battles

I realize there is a lot of hate for the emblems but I would seriously like to see a Sea Dragon and a Sea Horse Unicornate.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
818 posts
12,896 battles
2 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

You only see the emblem for less than ten seconds. It does annoyingly sit in the middle of the screen for that period though, and I'm sure we would all be happier if it popped up in a corner instead or something.

Well, that's not so bad. I mean, I can understand that it might irritatingly interfere with being able to see, say, a last ditch torpedo drop, but 10 seconds isn't too bad. Thanks for the clarification, brother.

Respects,

Am

[GLF]
Beta Testers
14 posts
9,172 battles
8 minutes ago, Amracil said:

Well, that's not so bad. I mean, I can understand that it might irritatingly interfere with being able to see, say, a last ditch torpedo drop, but 10 seconds isn't too bad. Thanks for the clarification, brother.

Respects,

Am

Also, it ain't exactly small.  I would screen shot it, but that stopped working a few patches ago.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,399 battles

never complained much about new stuff but THESE BADGES GOT TO [edited]GO!!!!!!

holy HELL who thought that was a good idea???

Edited by pmgaudio

[PLPTS]
Members
768 posts
14,249 battles
13 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

never complained much about new stuff but THESE BADGES GOT TO [edited]GO!!!!!!

holy HELL who thought that was a good idea???

yeah, this. Especially since it does block the view of your last salvo of whatever.

Members
126 posts
1,519 battles

Played my first match after the new update, (game promptly crashed upon exiting the battle thanks to unresolved and apparently ignored problems with Mac clients, but I digress...) and I must agree it is both annoying that I cannot get rid of it, it feels like it's trying to rub in the sunk player's face that they were sunk, and that I can't also turn off my badge. I think that players being able to choose not to have a badge should be an option too, if this sort of thing is being added in. Since people are viewing it as rubbing someone's face in their loss, I'd like to opt out of said face rubbing on both ends of it. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,756 posts
5,741 battles

Badges are NOT a good idea and they should be removed or have an option to NOT display on the players screen as default. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,773 posts
9,352 battles

Hey

I wish they would make the division box like they were before so they would stay up on the port view and then go away when you go into battle.  Right now it's just inconvenient and difficult to use as compared to before.  It wasn't broken, don't change it.  Be better to change it back to it's original style, usage.

Pete

[QCM]
Members
60 posts
3,878 battles

Agreed.  REMOVE the emblem.  If you absolutely must have it, move it to a part of the screen that does not block your vision.  WG< this was a BAD move.

• Cool 1