Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

How much does next Ranked drop you?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,767
[RKLES]
Members
8,689 posts
10,817 battles

How many Ranks does the next Ranked Season drop you?

Because looks like the noobs have managed to get themselves into Rank 5 and I may have to wait until next season to finish my climb to Rank 1...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[CUTER]
Members
3,836 posts
17,114 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I may have to wait until next season to finish my climb to Rank 1...

 You are saying this every season :Smile_facepalm:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,767
[RKLES]
Members
8,689 posts
10,817 battles
1 minute ago, m373x said:

 You are saying this every season :Smile_facepalm:

Not my fault the guys that intentionally TK their team mates in the Spawn end up in my teams when I hit Rank 5.

Been happening a lot today and has been costing my teams dearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,942 posts
2,492 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not my fault the guys that intentionally TK their team mates in the Spawn end up in my teams when I hit Rank 5.

Been happening a lot today and has been costing my teams dearly.

I got to rank 5 in the second week of this ranked season, I'm still at rank 5 and nothing has noticeable changed since then aside from the meta becoming less campy.

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,107 battles
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not my fault the guys that intentionally TK their team mates in the Spawn end up in my teams when I hit Rank 5.

Been happening a lot today and has been costing my teams dearly.

I only just finished the grind a couple days ago, and only saw that happen once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,767
[RKLES]
Members
8,689 posts
10,817 battles
5 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

I only just finished the grind a couple days ago, and only saw that happen once.

Your very fortunate then, I have seen it way too often, then you add in the usual normal bad team here and there and it really throws things off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,195
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,781 posts
13,643 battles

You get stars based on your rank. If they use the same pattern as the last few, Rank 5 would place somewhere around Rank 15 next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,498 posts
15,773 battles
49 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

looks like the noobs have managed to get themselves into Rank 5

Thrawn, you have been here long enough to know the noobs can, and have, failed their way right up to the top. It sure as hell ain't limited to tier 5, or any other tier for that matter. If you want the reward ships, and the bragging rights, you MUST collect noob scalps to get it.

Now, having said that, good luck amigo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
721
[FML]
Members
2,250 posts
11,446 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Thrawn, you have been here long enough to know the noobs can, and have, failed their way right up to the top. It sure as hell ain't limited to tier 5, or any other tier for that matter. If you want the reward ships, and the bragging rights, you MUST collect noob scalps to get it.

Now, having said that, good luck amigo!

I am determined to retain my scalp...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,498 posts
15,773 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I am determined to retain my scalp...

Most are; few do. And again, good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,299 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not my fault the guys that intentionally TK their team mates in the Spawn end up in my teams when I hit Rank 5.

Been happening a lot today and has been costing my teams dearly.

Statistically, they'll be on the other teams as often as your teams over a large enough sample size. If not, you're the potato. 

Sorry, dude, Ranked is a carry simulator. If you can't carry the potatoes, you're not getting to Rank 1 unless you get really lucky. I've seen people play 1000 games in a ranked season and rank out because luck. It's not a high probability to do so. It shouldn't be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,543
[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,452 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

How many Ranks does the next Ranked Season drop you?

Because looks like the noobs have managed to get themselves into Rank 5 and I may have to wait until next season to finish my climb to Rank 1...

You made it to Rank 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
43 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Thrawn, you have been here long enough to know the noobs can, and have, failed their way right up to the top. It sure as hell ain't limited to tier 5, or any other tier for that matter. If you want the reward ships, and the bragging rights, you MUST collect noob scalps to get it.

Now, having said that, good luck amigo!

just goes to show you anyone can grind to R5.   noice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
421
[WDS]
Members
1,227 posts
7,886 battles

I kind of like to stop at ranked 9 or 10 because that is my skill set probable . But also the next season u start out at 15 or 16 win one game and u get like 70 flags its awesome .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,411
[NGAGE]
Members
2,872 posts
7,778 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

How many Ranks does the next Ranked Season drop you?

Because looks like the noobs have managed to get themselves into Rank 5 and I may have to wait until next season to finish my climb to Rank 1...

You do realize on average you hurt your ranked team... right?

So while you are complaining about "dem noobs" for a majority of players you are actually part of the problem and not the solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,647 battles
46 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Sorry, dude, Ranked is a carry simulator. If you can't carry the potatoes, you're not getting to Rank 1 unless you get really lucky. I've seen people play 1000 games in a ranked season and rank out because luck. It's not a high probability to do so. It shouldn't be. 

Bingo.  There's a degree of RNG in the mix if you just stumble your way to the top.

The folks who ranked out quickly are dedicated and good enough to carry a small team to a win on a regular basis.  If you're just getting there now then you're part of the pile of middling players who can either bang their heads on the wall long enough to get there through force of will or who probably have peaked.

But for me the mode doesn't really appeal because it's just a microcosm of Random battles but with less margin for error and nastier recriminations from Dunning-Kruger case studies.

There's no shame in it.  Not everybody is the top player on the server, but unless you're jonesin' for a reward ship the grind isn't my idea of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,767
[RKLES]
Members
8,689 posts
10,817 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

You do realize on average you hurt your ranked team... right?

So while you are complaining about "dem noobs" for a majority of players you are actually part of the problem and not the solution?

Been running 53%  WR in Ranked not exactly hurting my teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,498 posts
15,773 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

just goes to show you anyone can grind to R5.

Ain't it da sad, sad truth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×