Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Keverta

Badges need on/off function

9 comments in this topic

[CONQR]
Members
38 posts
17,772 battles

I don't crawl through the forums all that much, so it was kind of a shock to see that this sort of worthless cosmetic junk(at least to me, to each his own I say) was being added to the game. I just didn't feel like there was this big clamor for this, however a customized flag option has been mentioned countless times, which would be much cooler to the ship owner than to see someone who killed them have the other guys badge smeared in their face. It's just not cool.

I feel like there are more important things about the actual game and how its played that should be addressed first, but I can see how this would be one of those things that they can make money on down the road.

All that being said, I didn't want it, still don't want it after seeing it and would like a way to TURN IT OFF, just like with all the anime ships that you either hate or love.

Ok, that is all.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles

I agree they are worthless.  I also think they are no big deal.  They aren't overly obnoxious, so don't fret over them.

[CONQR]
Members
38 posts
17,772 battles

I am not going to fret over it, just when you roll out something like this that doesn't directly affect game play, have a way for people to opt out of it and not in the next patch, at implementation.

You would think they would have learned this when they put in the anime ships and it took them over 6 months to included a on/off for them.

Edited by Keverta

[HATE]
[HATE]
Members
120 posts
10,949 battles

Agreed. Give it a toggle. Played 1 game, already hate it.

I wouldn't mind if you mouse over somebody's name and its shown, but as is I hate it.

[NGAGE]
Members
1,362 posts
7,707 battles
14 minutes ago, Keverta said:

*snip*

I just didn't feel like there was this big clamor for this, however a customized flag option has been mentioned countless times, which would be much cooler to the ship owner than to see someone who killed them have the other guys badge smeared in their face. It's just not cool.

*snip*

So that's the core of it?

Why not just earn a bigger and badder badge?

In the process of playing better to earn better badges... you'll have fewer smeared in your face?

It's a challenge. Challenges are good.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,040 posts
4 minutes ago, Spartias said:

So that's the core of it?

Why not just earn a bigger and badder badge?

In the process of playing better to earn better badges... you'll have fewer smeared in your face?

It's a challenge. Challenges are good.

Another player who refuses to acknowledge that the vast majority of players here aren't gamers?

The evidence is all around you, yet you still haven't figured it out?:Smile_amazed:

[NGAGE]
Members
1,362 posts
7,707 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

Another player who refuses to acknowledge that the vast majority of players here aren't gamers?

The evidence is all around you, yet you still haven't figured it out?:Smile_amazed:

Two points:

1) Just because someone is doing poorly, it doesn't mean that you give up on them.

2) It's really stupid to get upset about this. The forums should save their/our collective outrage points for the next Alabama-esque issue. This is a simple, fun, and decorative addition. 

Pick your battles. 

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,002 posts
432 battles

We do appreciate the feedback but in order to help consolidate please use one of the existing threads on this topic.  Thanks!