Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Can we get notes for contacts in game??

7 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,447 battles

So often I'm going through my contacts and have no idea how some of them came to be. However, if there was a notes option, I would put a note in on some contacts giving myself some background on the contact. ie:

"Played a series of battles in ranked season 7 with him"

"Player looking for help with cruisers on the forum"

"former member of previous clan I was in"

You know stuff that would make me remember who they are. Would it also be possible to see a history of name changes on our contacts? Sometimes they change their name and clan and the next time they pop up in your contacts, you have no idea who they are.

I know, some of you that are anti-social grumps and have no idea how to actually have friends and interact with people will have no use for this over "in game material that contributes to gameplay" but hey, you were just going to post pointless drivel anyways, so go ahead and post it, anyways!! :cap_like:

For the rest of us that have friends and like to play with others, is this something that would help you out?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,887 posts
4,227 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

So often I'm going through my contacts and have no idea how some of them came to be. However, if there was a notes option, I would put a note in on some contacts giving myself some background on the contact. ie:

"Played a series of battles in ranked season 7 with him"

"Player looking for help with cruisers on the forum"

"former member of previous clan I was in"

You know stuff that would make me remember who they are. Would it also be possible to see a history of name changes on our contacts? Sometimes they change their name and clan and the next time they pop up in your contacts, you have no idea who they are.

I know, some of you that are anti-social grumps and have no idea how to actually have friends and interact with people will have no use for this over "in game material that contributes to gameplay" but hey, you were just going to post pointless drivel anyways, so go ahead and post it, anyways!! :cap_like:

For the rest of us that have friends and like to play with others, is this something that would help you out?

Seems good enough. I know WoT already has this, so it can't be that hard to code.
I rarely use them, of course, but it would be nice to have them available. Of course, it's the kind of thing that comes in a patch alongside some other stuff, like CV Mechanics Rework (SoonTM) or French Battleships. It's not big enough to have it's own patch.

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

This sounds like a great idea and would be helpful to many, especially those who have a ton of contacts in-game. Thanks for taking the time to post. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,154 posts
10,123 battles

If notes are too hard to put in then maybe they can at least let us create lists to put contacts under. You could then create a Ranked list and move the contact there etc etc

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,447 battles
30 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

If notes are too hard to put in then maybe they can at least let us create lists to put contacts under. You could then create a Ranked list and move the contact there etc etc

They do have categories for contacts. It's pretty unwieldy though. 

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,447 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

How about a contact window that doesn't take 20 secs to open while freezing the port?:Smile_hiding:

or a Port UI that doesn't bug out period?? lol

Sign in to follow this