Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Can I shut off badges?

341 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

91
[PNP]
Members
429 posts
3,774 battles

I agree with some other people. I like the badge system, but I think its kinda too much in your face. Make it small or perhaps move it so it won't obstructs the screen too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[RLGN]
Members
830 posts
6,359 battles
58 minutes ago, jhjeeper said:

Yea, I have heard all the 'get better' and 'don't die' comments.  That doesn't wash with me, the answer is a cop out.

The trouble as I see it is they are trying to promote fair play and sportsmanship in the game, and trying to discourage trash talk, or at least keep it to a reasonable level.  When you get this big badge flashed in your face it gives the impression of trash talk or flipping you the bird after they just killed you.

 

Some sort of "Killed by" screen is pretty ubiquitous in, well, any game where a player can kill another player.  You already had the killed by message show up on your screen, all this does is allow a player to have a somewhat customize-able emblem to go with their screename.  I really don't get how it's "flipping you the bird."  It's not like it's toxic braggadocio, it's not even like it's a killcam (which is certain games can actually teach you something), it's just a message saying who killed you.  I don't get the outrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,795
-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

It's the first day of the patch and we are definitely reading folks feedback around the Insignia.  If you don't like them let us know why!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
4,970 battles
3 hours ago, Spartias said:

Serious question here...

 

 

What about them bothers people?

 

I don't mind the overlay that appears on the screen for a bit, but I'd like it to be a bit smaller, perhaps more towards the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

Given the wariness of these new emblems expressed by certain members of the forum, I chose the Unicorn, to bring a sense of shared happiness and unity with anyone I happen to dispatch - who then has to view my patch...

Unicorn_15.JPG

Edited by delp5117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
616
[CK5]
Members
1,174 posts
11,050 battles

Flashing the badge of the player that killed you is a little over the top.  I personally don't like it and it looks too much like taunting.  I would like the option of disabling patches in game play.  Showing patches in port, no problem.    

  • Cool 7
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
502
[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,105 battles

You guys missed one..

Though in all seriousness, I think the flash of the badge of the one that sunk you could be toned down a bit.  In several cases, it is just the badge of the person who got the last shot in.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,317
[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,376 battles

I don't care about no stinkin' badges!

But, I also don't care about no stinkin' badges.

They don't trip my trigger.  They also don't trigger me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,311
[DDMAF]
Members
2,212 posts
13,758 battles
25 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Given the wariness of these new emblems expressed by certain members of the forum, I chose the Unicorn, to bring a sense of shared happiness and unity with anyone I happen to dispatch - who then has to view my patch...

Unicorn_15.JPG

 

You have the best avatar. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post

Hey, who needs new maps, etc. We have emblems and new port. Seriously, I don't need more "content" that adds nothing. And it annoys me seeing this bilge. If someone enjoys it then fine, give others the option to turn it off. Same with horns, I can turn off mine but still have to listen to trolls tooting theirs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
6 hours ago, USMarine said:

Unless it's ARP related

They only did that because of the shrieking howls of outrage and condemnation from the anti-weeb crowd, who didn't have anything better to yell about.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,209
[SALVO]
Members
23,362 posts
23,963 battles
38 minutes ago, cratermoon said:

I don't mind the overlay that appears on the screen for a bit, but I'd like it to be a bit smaller, perhaps more towards the side.

I don't mind the badge, per se. (No, actually, now that I think of it, I do mind the badges.  Quite a bit!)  I do mind that it's so damned large and blocks a significant portion of the view.  I do mind that it smacks of rubbing the sunk player's nose in being sunk, or rubbing salt in the wound.  In truth, I guess that I mind that any significant resources were spent on this foolishness in the first place, resources that could have been better spent on more useful things.  Of course, those resources have already been spent, and there's nothing that can be done about that.  All that can be done at this point is to make the entire thing less friggin' ANNOYING!!!!  And yes, @Radar_X , those badges are freaking annoying!!!  What kind of bleepity-bleep thought that these bleeping damned annoying badges were worth the spending any time and money and effort on?????

 

I'd have rather that these resources be spent on, oh, NEW MAPS!!!!  Night battles.  New ship lines.  More operations.  I can come up with a long list of things that I'd have put before badges, particularly ones that are this damned annoying!  And I'm sure that other people have things they'd like to see done that I wouldn't think of, but that I'd also think were more important, useful, and/or interesting than badges.

As a certain "philosopher" once said...  We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!

 

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
610 posts
8,438 battles
51 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

It's the first day of the patch and we are definitely reading folks feedback around the Insignia.  If you don't like them let us know why!

Just look at all the threads and posts that dislike it on here already?!?!!!

Ever play IRL games, board games, cards, sports, some one beats you, scores on you, etc. and they brag in your face? That's what those badges after gettin dead are.

IRL, it deserves a knuckle sandwich in response. And it provokes it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,209
[SALVO]
Members
23,362 posts
23,963 battles
6 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

They only did that because of the shrieking howls of outrage and condemnation from the anti-weeb crowd, who didn't have anything better to yell about.

And why shouldn't people who came to the game for historical reasons have a right to hear their voices heard?  They're almost certainly the game's original core population.  And probably still are.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,209
[SALVO]
Members
23,362 posts
23,963 battles
3 minutes ago, injunmick said:

Just look at all the threads and posts that dislike it on here already?!?!!!

Ever play IRL games, board games, cards, sports, some one beats you, scores on you, etc. and they brag in your face? That's what those badges after gettin dead are.

IRL, it deserves a knuckle sandwich in response. And it provokes it.

^ QFT!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

And why shouldn't people who came to the game for historical reasons have a right to hear their voices heard?  They're almost certainly the game's original core population.  And probably still are.

I never said, nor will I ever say, that they don't have the right to be heard. They absolutely do, and in that case their hue and cry paid off: Wargaming chose to listen to them.

It was just a stupid thing to yell about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,209
[SALVO]
Members
23,362 posts
23,963 battles
18 minutes ago, KravenMoorehead said:

Hey, who needs new maps, etc. We have emblems and new port. Seriously, I don't need more "content" that adds nothing. And it annoys me seeing this bilge. If someone enjoys it then fine, give others the option to turn it off. Same with horns, I can turn off mine but still have to listen to trolls tooting theirs.

Honestly, the horns are vastly less annoying than these damned, rub it in your face, badges.  People will toot their horns a bit at the start of the battle, but once the action starts, you don't hear those horns any more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,209
[SALVO]
Members
23,362 posts
23,963 battles
11 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I never said, nor will I ever say, that they don't have the right to be heard. They absolutely do, and in that case their hue and cry paid off: Wargaming chose to listen to them.

It was just a stupid thing to yell about.

You think that it was stupid.  We think that anime ships are stupid.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You think that it was stupid.  We think that anime ships are stupid.

Then we agree to disagree, and we'll leave off the aspirations against my character. :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
120
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
9,685 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

It's the first day of the patch and we are definitely reading folks feedback around the Insignia.  If you don't like them let us know why!

They take up too much space, and I can't X out of them.  If the emblem was 1/5th the size it might be better.  Perhaps placing it at the bottom on the screen.  Right now it is a HUGE emblem in the middle of the screen.  No reason for it IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×