Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheoOtaku1996

Who thought emblems wont count existing stats was a good idea?

22 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,070 posts
12,862 battles

Well at least you will be at your best. :Smile_Default:

[MEIST]
Members
1,200 posts
4,677 battles

Really? So, your 3500 games do not count? That seems a little weird too me.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,889 posts
5,527 battles

Came here to find the answer to that question.  On the plus side, you've got more experience then when you started so you'll do better, some of those hard to reach badges might not be so bad.  On the converse side, with a larger number of games under the belt, migth be hard to swing numbers higher to get the ones you want :/

[WOLF7]
Members
12,224 posts
12 minutes ago, TheoOtaku1996 said:

Having to play another 100 battles per class is just annoying.

They want you to play...a lot. They've been trying to change the casual player base into gamers for years, this is simply another iteration.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

[BNKR]
Members
517 posts
3,234 battles

As a new player, I am okay with this. 

:Smile-_tongue:

(Note: 100% sarcasm. In reality, that seems like a crappy thing to do to you veterans. Y'all should get credit for past battles. Odd that WG went that route, IMHO.)

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,089 battles

It’s no different than when they introduced Marks of Excellence in Tanks. Same thing happened. It takes the average of your most current 100 battles. Your average gets calculated once you hit the first 100 battles after introduced. Good thing is, once you get it, you can’t lose it even if you drop back down below the threshold. Only difference between this and MoE in Tanks is we get emblems while in Tanks you get markings on your barrel. You can also keep track of how your average is by hovering over the emblem.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles

Personally, I just don't see what this adds to the game in a positive sense, and I don't understand why they wasted time and money on this when they should've been fixing things in the game, instead.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
98 posts
3,880 battles
41 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They want you to play...a lot. They've been trying to change the casual player base into gamers for years, this is simply another iteration.:Smile_teethhappy:

Gonna take a lot more than a badge to get me to play more. Especially after the DoY and New Years missions.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

If you're not playing the game then I can't imagine why anybody would care.  Having an achievement for something you don't do seems kind of silly.  The whole point of stuff like this is to give people little goals in the game and to keep them active and on the treadmill.  You can disagree with that all you want, but it's not going to change anything.

It's the same reason they have events like the New Years Raid or the Yamamoto campaign and it's kind of core to an MMO if you want to try to keep player numbers up.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,620 posts
6,939 battles

I'm really conflicted on this.  On one hand I probably would have a lot of the badges I want already unlocked, but on the other hand it's kind of fun to have long term goals of things to grind, but then again, I'm not sure how much I like the thought of consciously worrying about my damage totals.   

Members
23,645 posts
5,965 battles
2 hours ago, xDiaboliquex said:

.....and I don't understand why they wasted time and money on this when they should've been fixing things in the game, instead.

Probably because it was likely relatively simple and quick to add.

Fixing things (properly) is complicated and takes a lot of time.

[O_O]
Members
5,454 posts
12,482 battles

Some players really want custom content, ala Battlefield and COD.  The more you play, the more custom flair you can access.

I don't care, this isn't a point of interest for me.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
801 posts
4,281 battles

It would have been kind of silly to make the achievement badges retroactive. Sure it would show your progress but it would also make the new player feel even more like new players. IMO 

[O_O]
Members
5,454 posts
12,482 battles

When WG introduced new achievements, they didn't count any prior progress.  These cutesy emblems should be no different.

[WOLF4]
Members
437 posts
5,716 battles

They should be retroactive IMO, I would have a bunch of the nice ones right now if that were the case.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,349 posts
21,648 battles
6 hours ago, CHBanger said:

Gonna take a lot more than a badge to get me to play more. Especially after the DoY and New Years missions.

LOL I know the feeling. Just finished the last mission of the NY Raid today and am burned out. I played a few matches in PvE and PvP and realized I just didn't want to play any more. 

Sign in to follow this