You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Battle of Jutland

16 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles

I'm working on the final touches for a Battle of Jutland scenario for the training room. If anyone is interested in helping PM me. I'm looking for someone to be an Observer Controller/ Admiral of there respective side. The way I see the scenarios playing out while keeping within the confines of the game/ time limitations is by doing the battle in phases.

List of ships to be involved.

Nassau, Kaiser, Konig, Emden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, V-25, G101, V170

Weymouth, Caledon, Vampire?, Gallant? Open for discussion? Bel, Orion, Iron Duke, QE and Warspite. 

Basic rules at this time is no HE period from any BB's will be allowed players must be willing to stay in line of battle and not turn/ run/ Kite if in a BB. Like I said if this sounds like something you want to be apart of let me know I'd like to get this off the ground in a week or two.

If I missed a participant or one is there you think shouldn't be there let me know.

Edited by IronMike11B4O
  • Cool 4

Alpha Tester
2,353 posts

Seeing as there's still no battlecruisers in the game, maybe throw in Ishizuchi as it's a British design and closest in similarity to the ones that were at Jutland. And don't forget Konig Albert. She wasn't at Jutland but her sister ships were.

• Cool 2

Members
2,202 posts
11,617 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Seeing as there's still no battlecruisers in the game, maybe throw in Ishizuchi as it's a British design and closest in similarity to the ones that were at Jutland. And don't forget Konig Albert. She wasn't at Jutland but her sister ships were.

I mean, there's Hood, but she wasn't at Jutland and is more of a fast battleship.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
471 posts
4,397 battles
5 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

I mean, there's Hood, but she wasn't at Jutland and is more of a fast battleship.

Hood was built after WW1 tho

[-ARP-]
Supertester
471 posts
4,397 battles
Just now, thegamefilmguruman said:

Like I said, more of a fast battleship and not at Jutland.

Hood is far too huge to represent any battleship at Jutland. She has twice the displacement of most of the battleships anyways. 

Alpha Tester
2,353 posts
6 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Even so, right now she outmatches all the listed German BBs, and the OP has already included QE and Warspite, both with only WW2 hulls. If only she was in her original configuration and downtiered to T6. But for now, Ishizuchi is the best option for representing RN BCs. The only problem is the Germans, who are still without a single BC from Jutland.

HMS_Hood_(1921)_profile_drawing.png

Members
2,202 posts
11,617 battles
Just now, Wolcott said:

Even so, right now she outmatches all the listed German BBs, and the OP has already included QE and Warspite, both with only WW2 hulls. If only she was in her original configuration and downtiered to T6. But for now, Ishizuchi is the best option for representing RN BCs. The only problem is the Germans, who are still without a single BC from Jutland.

HMS_Hood_(1921)_profile_drawing.png

Even an original outfitted T6 Hood would be to much, yeah. WG needs to hurry up and release a german battlecruiser premium of Goeben or something.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

I was thinking Ishizuki would be a decent stand in for HMS Lion? What say you?

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I'd be interested if you get something going.

Good deal Dread I think we have talked about something like this in the past.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,711 posts
3,603 battles

I have a A Hull Wyoming, South Carolina, Konig Albert and the Ishizucci is a classic British BC design with WWI era crap AP

Alpha Tester
2,353 posts
8 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I was thinking Ishizuki would be a decent stand in for HMS Lion? What say you?

Exactly what I was thinking. Ishizuchi is actually Vickers Design 472C, while Lion's sister ship Princess Royal was built by Vickers. Just gotta get used to the IJN flag and green puke camo though. Gotta hate WG for neglecting Jutland ships for so long.