Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

The New Badges

25 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts

The New Badges. What do they do? I've received two for being sunk (as is my wont) but I can't find them anywhere back in the port. Is there a place where you can look at them or do they just show up in the match?

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts
1 minute ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Did you get them for being sunk, or was it just showing you the patch of the person that sunk you?

I got one for being sunk, I think. I finally found it -- it's located under account options.

[T-RIP]
Members
1,595 posts
8,995 battles

I think you "get" then for dealing high amounts of damage and generally being really good at the game. 

You're shown the one of the person that sank you, if they have earned one.

[POP]
Members
929 posts
10,992 battles

A badge for getting sunk? 

Sounds like something you would want to have a badge for. What would be next?

I guess I'll wait to get mah badge for being AFK...

[WOLF2]
Members
1,206 posts
8,353 battles

Wish they had one of a potato.    You've been sunk by "Captain Potato"

Changed mine to a gorilla.  Whatever...

Edited by DiddleDum

[WOLF6]
Members
810 posts
6,972 battles

I don’t know if the record still stands, but Don Baylor had the record for most times hit by a pitch in Major League Baseball.

Just getting sunk isn’t worth a dummy badge, but holy hell would I be excited to get them for doing some abysmally stupid thing in game!!

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
728 posts
14,547 battles
3 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Changed mine to a gorilla.  Whatever...

At first I thought this was more pointless fluff.

Then I realised every time I sink someone I could make this show up on their screen...

shot-18_01.18_03_44.59-0207.jpg.081d837400190be1d8d214ca7522d9d3.jpg

Thanks for the new stuff, WG! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
87 posts
3,406 battles
1 minute ago, grumpymunky said:

Then I realised every time I sink someone I could make this show up on their screen...

Will there be an eggplant one?

• Funny 2

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,093 battles

WG really should have a player contest to design some unique badges or whatevers. It's a great chance for community engagement.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,206 posts
8,353 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

WG really should have a player contest to design some unique badges or whatevers. It's a great chance for community engagement.

I call dibs on creating a POTATO patch!

[WOLF2]
Members
1,206 posts
8,353 battles
25 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

That is one grumpymunky!   Works well for your nick!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,887 posts
4,227 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

The New Badges. What do they do? I've received two for being sunk (as is my wont) but I can't find them anywhere back in the port. Is there a place where you can look at them or do they just show up in the match?

The Badges appear on someone else's screen for <10 seconds when you kill them. You earn Badge parts by completing the Combat Missions "Satirical Animals," "Heraldic Animals," and "Aggressive Animals."

Emblems are earned by either winning a certain number of games or dealing a certain amount of Average Damage. Those are visible on your account, I think. I'm not quite sure how they work.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,468 battles
3 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Is there a way to shut if off?

Not currently, I bet someone will make a mod to shut it off after you are killed. 

Easy answer: don't get killed... :Smile_glasses:

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,603 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Not currently, I bet someone will make a mod to shut it off after you are killed. 

Easier said than done, especially given how bad teams can be. I posted a thread already hopefully they can do something about it cause I could care less about them anyways so it does nothing for the game

Members
887 posts
17,364 battles

When I saw these 'patches' that "Make your account stand out after Update 0.7.0" (yeah, right, like NO ONE ELSE WILL HAVE THIS BUT ME), I went to youtube to see if there was a vid that closely matched my mental reaction to this worthless bit of coding, ... AND THERE WAS!!

...and so it is with those excited over this creeping clutter. It really is beginning to feel like World of Tanks in port these days <sigh>.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,049 posts
4 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Starting to sound like a perfect addition to get even more people to hide in the back to avoid dying...:Smile_teethhappy:

[NGAGE]
Members
1,362 posts
7,707 battles
19 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Starting to sound like a perfect addition to get even more people to hide in the back to avoid dying...:Smile_teethhappy:

I've been playing on the EU server recently, annnnd... the whole hiding issue really isn't an issue over here. 

EU?

Now that's a hide in the back server.

Practically every time I play over there... my first match of the day is just brutal. Such a shock how passive they are in the low, mid, and high tiers alike.

NA is just fine in the passive play department. The mentality here is simply more aggressive, and I don't think a few emblems are going to change that.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,049 posts
1 minute ago, Spartias said:

I've been playing on the EU server recently, annnnd... the whole hiding issue really isn't an issue over here. 

EU?

Now that's a hide in the back server.

Practically every time I play over there... my first match of the day is just brutal. Such a shock how passive they are in the low, mid, and high tiers alike.

NA is just fine in the passive play department. The mentality here is simply more aggressive, and I don't think a few emblems are going to change that.

I'm unclear what your point is, other than you simply seem to have no clue who plays this game.

In NA 92% of the players NEVER come to the forums. On any given day, 80% of the top 100 players by battles played can't achieve a 1000 WTR. Average age in this game is over 40.

I've spent extensive time in port chat over the last two years, actually trying to help players....like to know what I found? People don't want to learn the game, they simply want a quick answer to their question. Attempting to direct them to the forums for more complex issues usually results  in a "F&*(-Off, I don't have time for that.

Then you add in the newer players WG has seemed to have brought in from Steam. Big attitudes, open wallets, and not a clue that they aren't doing well....

Spoiler

pvOLQxH.png

This is the kind of player we are getting in the game now, and these people honestly believe they are doing well, and they seem to rage non-stop about their team mates...:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this