You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

WG please allow us to dismiss ARP captains or hide them

13 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles

I do not want to see a bunch of 1 point captains I'll never use every time I reassign captains. I understand you can Change their appearance into regular Japanese captains but that does not help

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLFG]
Members
24,239 posts
6,097 battles
1 minute ago, _Dracarys said:

I do not want to see a bunch of 1 point captains I'll never use every time I reassign captains. I understand you can Change their appearance into regular Japanese captains but that does not help

If you change them to Japanese, can you then dismiss them?

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
3 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

use your dragon king on the mikasa

[SYN]
Members
335 posts
13,738 battles
24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If you change them to Japanese, can you then dismiss them?

No.

At the root the problem is that the captain UI management is not very good.  So every time I want to do anything I have to scroll past all these useless commanders.  If the system had some tools to organise/find the commander you want it wouldn't be half as bad (although I'd still get infuriated by the duplicates).

[WOLFG]
Members
24,239 posts
6,097 battles
8 minutes ago, bremen_ said:

No.

At the root the problem is that the captain UI management is not very good.  So every time I want to do anything I have to scroll past all these useless commanders.  If the system had some tools to organise/find the commander you want it wouldn't be half as bad (although I'd still get infuriated by the duplicates).

Weird. Mine (the ones I haven't converted) don't show up. (I have ARP content turned off)

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,011 posts
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Weird. Mine (the ones I haven't converted) don't show up. (I have ARP content turned off)

Yup, turn off ARP content and you'll see them as crusty looking IJN captains.

[O_O]
Members
3,843 posts
17,173 battles
10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

5 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Yup, turn off ARP content and you'll see them as crusty looking IJN captains.

Look in the Personal File and look at your IJN captain set. The ARP captains remain even though the ships are hidden. Yes, their picture and name are changed but the ship specialization and ARP color remains. And you can do nothing with them if you don't want them. Even though you can use them on IJN ships you have duplicates of each one. To get to your "regular" captains you have to scroll past 22 reskinned anime captains.

I understand the reason why we can't sell or dismiss ARP content but the ability to remove ships from the carousel should apply in the personal file as well.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,011 posts
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

Look in the Personal File and look at your IJN captain set. The ARP captains remain even though the ships are hidden. Yes, their picture and name are changed but the ship specialization and ARP color remains. And you can do nothing with them if you don't want them. Even though you can use them on IJN ships you have duplicates of each one. To get to your "regular" captains you have to scroll past 22 reskinned anime captains.

I understand the reason why we can't sell or dismiss ARP content but the ability to remove ships from the carousel should apply in the personal file as well.

Then you have a topic for the suggestions forum area ;).

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles
1 hour ago, bremen_ said:

No.

In WoTanks there is an option to allow you to automatically assign the last commander onto a vehicle. That is convenient for switching crew between premium / regular tanks... same can easily be implemented in WoWS.

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

What do you mean "1 point captains"? All mine are 10-point captains and can be used on any IJN ship after retraining. 

The first time you could get Kongo and Myoko they had no skills. In subsequent release the captains got 6 skills or 10. The last event they all got 10.

I wish they would combine the duplicates. What I would suggest is that they would figure out the total XP the commanders needed to earn to get to their current skill points total + that they’ve earn towards their next star, the add the two together to get one commander. This works for me because I don’t see myself working on my 6 pt CCs since I already have an identical 10 pt CC. 

[PVE]
Members
8,626 posts
21,902 battles

The ability to sell everything and dismiss every captain should be an option. I have two sets of the cartoon ARP stuff and would like to dump half of the captains. Don't need them, don't want them, have plenty of real IJN 10 point captains. I wouldn't mind the silly crap since they "look" normal but those damn silly voices drive me over the freaking edge. I made the mistake of putting one on the Zao when clan wars started. Even with national voices selected, the little butthead would not stop screeching that nonsense. Got so sick of it, turned my ship broadside to the enemy fleet and stopped dead hoping I would get sunk... It worked. 

I don't mind the one set, they are on their goofy little ships and hidden, the second set is just a visual reminder that what I want is irrelevant to Wargaming. I hate not having options, it makes me mad enough where I am totally fine not giving one dime to them. Maybe Wargaming can pay their electric bill with silly cartoons that screech incessantly. 

BTW I don't mind that the content is in the game for those who like it, am glad it makes them happy. I am not a fan, never will be. 

Edited by Taylor3006