You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AltWeiss

So they added training rooms but now bots are just "targets".

75 comments in this topic

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I kinda feel the same way, but figure that at least we're getting training rooms. We've been begging them for only two and a half years or more!

Hopefully they will add active bots in a future update, but we'll see.

[SHEEP]
Members
200 posts
3,969 battles

Aslains pack has had it for a while, pretty sure a lot of other mod packs have it as well

[LF]
Members
136 posts

Interesting. In the old Training Room that you had to set up yourself in the scripts xml file, you could select between bots that are not active (just sit there) or active bots (they move and shoot at you).

[NDA]
Supertester
3,916 posts
1,564 battles

Pretty sure this is not intentional, just broken.  Seeing how long it's taken to get the training room accessible in the vanilla client with no mods, I'd hate to speculate on how long a fix will take. :P

• Funny 2

Beta Testers
286 posts
8,988 battles

Gave it a couple run, less interesting because bots are not moving. But it does help with CV manual drop to find when you are too close and torpedoes dont arm before impact.

I really hope they will have options to move/fire in futur patch

[5BS]
Members
5,930 posts
2 hours ago, n5bar said:

Interesting. In the old Training Room that you had to set up yourself in the scripts xml file, you could select between bots that are not active (just sit there) or active bots (they move and shoot at you).

Actually you could alter if they were armed AND if they were active. That is to say, you could have them drive around, but not shoot (most useful for gunnery practice), or you could have them sit still, but fire (good for practicing tanking and seeing how far you can practically push an angle), or both of either.

Edited by _RC1138

[WGA]
Administrator
1,002 posts
432 battles
2 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Pretty sure this is not intentional, just broken.  Seeing how long it's taken to get the training room accessible in the vanilla client with no mods, I'd hate to speculate on how long a fix will take. :P

The Training Rooms are currently working as designed without Bots.  We do understand there have been request to add them but there aren't plans to do so at this time.  If you wish to combat bots, we do encourage you to use Co-op.  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 12

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The Training room has been a long wait. Baby steps people, Take in your friends and have at it .It is the Training with Humans that what will hone your skills. With no penalties or cost. Give the training room time to develop and you will soon see the Bots emerge as true adversaries. In the meantime use it with your Friends/ Clan Mates.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,040 posts
13 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

The Training Rooms are currently working as designed without Bots.  We do understand there have been request to add them but there aren't plans to do so at this time.  If you wish to combat bots, we do encourage you to use Co-op.  

You're kidding. :Smile_facepalm:

Well, guess I should be glad that the Event took all the fun out of the game for me, because once again it appears WG is going to do what it wants, rather than listen to it's customers...:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 3

[-BRS-]
Members
995 posts
29,321 battles
11 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

So, I might be wrong but I don't ever remember a large player base complaining about how Training Rooms were set up.  All I heard was a request to have access to training rooms while using a vanilla account.  Why change it and make it's function different to what the player base was happy with?

• Cool 1

[DRI-S]
Beta Testers
511 posts
4,810 battles
19 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

If we wish to combat bots, use coop? Well, no shht.

If you actually think that gives us the same option as the old training room then I understand why this game is so often screwed up.

• Cool 5

[ARP2]
Members
462 posts
4,216 battles

I guess Flamu won't be able to do AA tests if the bot carriers don't do anything. Bots are almost pointless now because firing at stationary targets can only teach you so much.

• Angry 1

[R-F]
Members
1,025 posts
7,240 battles

I'm guessing if we came up with the 10 most popular uses of the training room, this new version would make 8 or 9 of them impossible.

Bit amazing to get a "take it or leave it" response about it.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,184 posts
14,398 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

So we can't do things like this anymore?  Bummer

Was the server resources drain that badly for active bot training?

[TBW]
Members
7,091 posts
13,027 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Well, guess I should be glad that the Event took all the fun out of the game for me, because once again it appears WG is going to do what it wants, rather than listen to it's customers...:Smile_sceptic:

But we got badges that should really help this game a bunch.

• Funny 5

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,930 posts
10,485 battles

We've now gone to the next level of nerfing. Nerfing actual get features like training rooms.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,548 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

you forget they don't have to listen to you

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,580 posts
15,236 battles

make sure you go into settings and check off the box for all scenarios available for training room as well

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[YORHA]
Members
3,885 posts
6,754 battles
2 hours ago, Radar_X said:

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

• Funny 2

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
5 hours ago, n5bar said:

And it worked great. It was easy to use and set up. I wonder what drunk Cossack came up with this sad joke of a replacement.

If I want to fight other players, I'll use Random. Training room is to all intents and purposes, useless now.

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Cool 1

[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,437 posts
7,764 battles
3 hours ago, Radar_X said:

What if I want to face against 3 Taiho to test the AA on say.. Musashi. Oh wait, can't do that. Not to mention the limit of CV is also limited in there.

It was a mistake to disable bots in training room, it does nothing but annoy us, we're not going to use co-op and we're not going to go through the hassle to get a bunch of people together just to test something small..

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
11,040 posts
3 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

you forget they don't have to listen to you

You're absolutely right...

But considering how many issues and retention issues they've had because of just this kind of attitude, I'm unclear on what you're defending....:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin