Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Riverwolf007

Has co-op been targeted for destruction?

16 comments in this topic

Members
76 posts
10,640 battles

So I could deal with the recent changes to co-op where none of the missions were active for co-op players and you never receive any little bonuses  or signals or whatever. I still had fun in quick little co-op games that last 5- 8 minutes and you could claw your way slowly through a line and get some ships. I actually went all the way to tier 10 in the German BB and Brit cruiser line that way and had fun while doing it but with todays update and introducing bot CV and BB to the game it seems WG was not content to just make my progression slow, it seems they want me either in ranked and random or gone altogether.

This week started (and continues currently) with an endless parade of pvp guys in a constant state of wild enragement at me because they needed some ship to kill for some achievement or whatever is going on that requires DD and BB to be killed and I'm fine with that. Nothing would make me happier than to see you get whatever thing you need to get but boy, do those guys get ticked whenever I don't turn off my guns and let some bot kill me while they are taking ineffective shots from 10km to my rear. You getting your thing is great, I'm all for it but you need to realize when whatever you need is 3KM from me I have to kill it of get killed.

Add to that todays introduction of ships that should never be bots and that actively make games worse and less fun and it seems as though WG is done with me and my ilk. DD and cruisers work as bots because they floor it, drive straight in and clever co-op players can exploit them for their brief time in the game by covering them, taking advantage of the spotting and protecting them and hiding in their smoke. CV don't work as bots because they are a disincentive to people playing as DD in co-op, BB are bad as bots because they survive till the end of the game and when the last human quits out the game defaults to a draw.

So what was the real point of all this? Am I so obsolete that I had to have frustrated angry people dropped in my friendly little PVE games calling me names, raging in chat and firing HE into my sides when they didn't kill some ship they were chasing but would not actually go after up close and personal to ensure they get it? Am I losing WG so much money that they had to discourage me from playing my relaxing little co-op games where we all have a few laughs for low stakes? Is ranked and random in so much trouble that they had to make co-op frustrating and less fun?

Has co-op been targeted for destruction?

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,535 posts
14,033 battles

Nope. It is being enhanced.

[PVE]
Members
7,563 posts
13,064 battles

No it has not. WG is actually trying to improve Co-op for us as evident by the recent MM change trying to make it better. So they are not targeting it to go away. Might not be their priority or anything but don't think it is going anywhere.

In all campaigns or missions that can be done in Co-op you see this. It is not new. However, it is rare that they can be done in Co-op so when it happens it stands out is all. This is the double edged sword for the Co-op player. We want to be able to complete missions and take part in stuff in our games too but if we can that means you will get the PVP guys who jump in there because they don't care about the game other than getting what they want out of it "because it is just Co-op". For those of us who play there primarily the game itself matters too. Not so much for them which can screw us LOL.

I have run into it lately too. I will do what I can to help them out but am not dying for them or throwing the match for them which some seem to want you to do because it is "just Co-op". Just ignore those folks and don't let them ruin your day. Do your best and focus on the game. Chances are they will die shortly after the game starts anyway so you only have to listen to them for so long. Or, at start of game if they start in with "I just need X to complete mission - let me get it" answer them if the game circumstances allow for it but be aware I am playing to win not help you get a prize. Just be civil and clear so they know at the start.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,891 posts

It'll be over in a couple days.

Please excuse the PvP folks since they forgot how to play Co-Op.

Silly that they are more likely to meet a battleship or destroyer in Ranked - than anywhere else.

Since they will be coming in at tier 5 or 6, you might want to drop down to tier 3 or up to tier 8 until this blows over.

RNG is also playing them as well.  They usually won't get it on the first try.

[PVE]
Members
7,563 posts
13,064 battles
2 minutes ago, Riverwolf007 said:

In what way?

Read the update notes. In this patch we get MM changes to the ships used to fill vacant slots when not enough humans. Not always going to be 90% DD used. Can see bot Cv, BB, Cruiser, and DD now. It will be based off the makeup of the humans on the team. This is a long asked for change. It is a good thing.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
76 posts
10,640 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No it has not. WG is actually trying to improve Co-op for us as evident by the recent MM change trying to make it better. So they are not targeting it to go away. Might not be their priority or anything but don't think it is going anywhere.

In all campaigns or missions that can be done in Co-op you see this. It is not new. However, it is rare that they can be done in Co-op so when it happens it stands out is all. This is the double edged sword for the Co-op player. We want to be able to complete missions and take part in stuff in our games too but if we can that means you will get the PVP guys who jump in there because they don't care about the game other than getting what they want out of it "because it is just Co-op". For those of us who play there primarily the game itself matters too. Not so much for them which can screw us LOL.

I have run into it lately too. I will do what I can to help them out but am not dying for them or throwing the match for them which some seem to want you to do because it is "just Co-op". Just ignore those folks and don't let them ruin your day. Do your best and focus on the game. Chances are they will die shortly after the game starts anyway so you only have to listen to them for so long. Or, at start of game if they start in with "I just need X to complete mission - let me get it" answer them if the game circumstances allow for it but be aware I am playing to win not help you get a prize. Just be civil and clear so they know at the start.

Aside from the stuff going on with all the angry frustrated guys being dropped on the co-op side of things it still seems as though co-op is being heavily disincentivised. 

The absolute zero bonus things for any co-op activity for the last month or so and now putting in bots that have no place there. It's called an "improvement" when clearly it is not.

It seems as though they really don't want me around anymore or at least what they want is me in PVP and will make co-op a more terrible experience to get it.

Members
76 posts
10,640 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Read the update notes. In this patch we get MM changes to the ships used to fill vacant slots when not enough humans. Not always going to be 90% DD used. Can see bot Cv, BB, Cruiser, and DD now. It will be based off the makeup of the humans on the team. This is a long asked for change. It is a good thing.

Those are all terrible bots to put in co-op. DD and cruisers work for the reasons I said earlier. CV spot my DD in the few games I am lucky enough to not have a human in a CV and the BB last till the end of the game and as soon as the last human dies and quits out the game is an auto-draw.

Beta Testers
1,476 posts
9,087 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As a PvP player, I agree with you so far as don't do the PvP guys favours "letting" them get kills. 

On the other hand, dude, seriously, virtually every co-op game I play I'm the last player sailing.  don't fool yourself, it doesn't take much to adjust to the difference in play between modes.

OP - you just need to accept the changes with the ship line ups, and adjust.  You'll be a better player for it.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,563 posts
13,064 battles
3 minutes ago, Riverwolf007 said:

Aside from the stuff going on with all the angry frustrated guys being dropped on the co-op side of things it still seems as though co-op is being heavily disincentivised. 

The absolute zero bonus things for any co-op activity for the last month or so and now putting in bots that have no place there. It's called an "improvement" when clearly it is not.

It seems as though they really don't want me around anymore or at least what they want is me in PVP and will make co-op a more terrible experience to get it.

1 minute ago, Riverwolf007 said:

Those are all terrible bots to put in co-op. DD and cruisers work for the reasons I said earlier. CV spot my DD in the few games I am lucky enough to not have a human in a CV and the BB last till the end of the game and as soon as the last human dies and quits out the game is an auto-draw.

Well I am sorry you feel that way. In the various threads about how to improve Co-op the Co-op players have overwhelmingly stated they are tired of so many bot DD's, and to a lesser extent, Cruises, always being used to fill vacant slots on the team when not enough humans. The vast majority have advocated in these threads to include CV and Bb as possibilities. WG listened and is doing it. For most of us we feel this is a good change. Again, I am sorry you don't. Maybe go into it with an open mind and see. You might end up liking it.:Smile_honoring:

Members
76 posts
10,640 battles
1 minute ago, Nukelavee45 said:

As a PvP player, I agree with you so far as don't do the PvP guys favours "letting" them get kills. 

On the other hand, dude, seriously, virtually every co-op game I play I'm the last player sailing.  don't fool yourself, it doesn't take much to adjust to the difference in play between modes.

OP - you just need to accept the changes with the ship line ups, and adjust.  You'll be a better player for it.

Accepting it would probably have been easier if it was through my slog up the Brit cruiser or German BB line. I'm doing the US DD tight now and the CV bots are a way bigger deal than it would have been before. I went from having a CV in half my games to having a CV in 90% of my games. I may have actually liked it in the Brit cruiser line because it would have been more planes to farm for xp. 

Members
76 posts
10,640 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well I am sorry you feel that way. In the various threads about how to improve Co-op the Co-op players have overwhelmingly stated they are tired of so many bot DD's, and to a lesser extent, Cruises, always being used to fill vacant slots on the team when not enough humans. The vast majority have advocated in these threads to include CV and Bb as possibilities. WG listened and is doing it. For most of us we feel this is a good change. Again, I am sorry you don't. Maybe go into it with an open mind and see. You might end up liking it.:Smile_honoring:

Well the other guy gave me an idea so I may just put the Benson on the backburner and find some anti air thing to level up so I can at least farm planes.

Beta Testers
1,476 posts
9,087 battles

My experience with Co-op cv's has been they aren't too hard to deal with, once you get used to their drops and avoiding them, I think you'll find them an xp buffet.  Being spotted by them an entire game still sucks, but, I have a feeling there's a way to exploit mechanics to reduce the threat.  If I get a chance to test it out, I'll let you know.

Members
76 posts
10,640 battles
12 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

I think there is a huge difference in approach to playstyle between pvp and pve. I win most of the games I am in and I do it by pointing the nose straight at the middle of the map and flooring it. I wouldn't last 2 mins doing that in pvp.

Edited by Riverwolf007

Members
76 posts
10,640 battles
1 minute ago, Nukelavee45 said:

My experience with Co-op cv's has been they aren't too hard to deal with, once you get used to their drops and avoiding them, I think you'll find them an xp buffet.  Being spotted by them an entire game still sucks, but, I have a feeling there's a way to exploit mechanics to reduce the threat.  If I get a chance to test it out, I'll let you know.

I guess this is a bigger deal to me than it ever normally would have been because atm I am at the Benson in the us dd line.

If this was my run through the Brit cruiser and German BB line it would have been more of an xp bonus.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,776 posts

That's pretty much been my PvP experience in general - the die hards do like to bully and try to wag eBody parts at everyone in the form of exploited stats padding claiming relevance because they are the only one who know how to play.  Sadly, I can't sling eBody part waggler tags on all PvP folks.  Some are just quiet or nice or generally good players/people.  It's the noisy female body part players who'd rather rage at their own team vs the enemy team that ruin PvP for some folks.

Occasionally these female body parts "stoop" down to play COOP... like they play PvP or worse... like they think COOP is because they believed their own bull excrement... and die promptly as the first or last bot team sacrifice in a manner that obviously is their teams fault.  Heaven forbid they accept their own incompetence for deflating their exaggerated digital man parts.

On the topic of COOP's actual destruction - WG talks out of both ends.  They are making COOP more challenging by mixing ships up, adding scenarios, but violating COOP users on a very personal level by excluding COOP from a vast majority of activities as of late.  Worse, some of the activities they do include are done in a way of a major tease - like get 1k unmodified xp in a single battle to complete this mission.  WG is not nice when they do such things but don't include scenarios where there are actually enough ships to accomplish this feat or increasing COOP team levels to PvP levels.  I don't know if I am being rewarded or being clobbered emotionally half the time ergo I just randomly play WoWS now.

Not much sense to keep playing in the 10-20 matches per sit down anymore.  WG is just setting me up for a beat down.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this