You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Case Study - WoWs Learning Curve for a Begginer

21 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,560 posts
5,172 battles

So I did a stream with my sister-in-law over the weekend.  She had never streamed, nor had she ever played WoWS.  I got her in front of the camera and tried showing the ropes.  We pick up at game three.  Mind you, she has grown up with video games.  She plays Call of Duty, Halo, etc.  She is no stranger to games at all.  

This video does highlight tough what a new player is up against, trying to learn the game.  And she had me right next to her, teaching her on the fly.  Take it for what its worth.  I find it interesting none the less.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles

Great I was hoping you would post something like this, Zoup, I cannot wait to get home and watch it!!!:Smile_medal:

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[WOLFC]
Members
117 posts
6,280 battles

Fun video! Looks like you two had a blast. You should make more vids like this when she visits, to see her progress down the lines.

• Cool 2

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

You should make more vids like this when she visits, to see her progress down the lines.

Yeah that is a great idea, I think it would helpful too for newer players.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,724 posts
4,278 battles

I always enjoy seeing family members playing games together. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,514 posts
6,141 battles

Great vids as always! Family fun and new blood for the game is always good to see

Spoiler

Typo "begginer"

REEEEEEEEEÈÉÊËĒĖĘEUGUGFHJLJKJKjlsdnfajkkdj][,/'":>:,SMA;'`['=;

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,711 battles

Thanks for sharing this Zoup. Great video! Guys...and I'm only going to say this once, be very careful about any comments about his sister-in-law. Much appreciated in advance for your cooperation. Now get out there and try to recruit a new player into the game. We were all there once.

This is a perfect example of having your head on a swivel at all times and how this can all be quite overwhelming to a new player when so much is going on around them.

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
8,740 posts
10,828 battles

Getting your Sister to play a game like this can be extremely dangerous since if they take a liking to the game,  they often become extremely good at the game. Then your left wondering where are you going wrong in your own gameplay...

:Smile_teethhappy:

[BRZKR]
1,560 posts
5,172 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Getting your Sister to play a game like this can be extremely dangerous since if they take a liking to the game,  they often become extremely good at the game. Then your left wondering where are you going wrong in your own gameplay...

:Smile_teethhappy:

I'm hoping to get her into streaming, but being in college, her focus is on other things...

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
288 posts
9,017 battles

For myself, one of my daughters started playing and she likes it pretty much.

Mostly coop and teaching the bells and whistles is a long run. Especially torpedoes from and toward Bots lol

[BRZKR]
1,560 posts
5,172 battles
38 minutes ago, drghost69 said:

For myself, one of my daughters started playing and she likes it pretty much.

Mostly coop and teaching the bells and whistles is a long run. Especially torpedoes from and toward Bots lol

I should have started her off in co-op in retrospect....

• Cool 1

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
288 posts
9,017 battles
12 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I should have started her off in co-op in retrospect....

You can even go in Training room 1 vs 1 now too. I just know that i will get challenged to duels from my side once she learns about that lol

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,799 posts
13,649 battles

Do press accounts have protected matchmaking at T2? 5v5 is a kinda sparse game.

And yeah, co-op is a great place to start.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,094 battles

Help a potatos should really be a thing.

Several attempts in the past on the WoWS subreddit as well as on this forum failed. People complain about potatoes in page long walls of text. But says "aint no body got time for that" when it comes to actually teaching potatoes to play. I messaged some well known CCs during alpha and closed beta asking them to sponsor similar help a noob activities, zero replies. 

At the end, to people that actually play the game well, they will always play well having noobs on their team or not. Having a good amount of noobs is actually beneficial to higher performing players, because free pinatas. 

Edited by NeutralState

[BRZKR]
1,560 posts
5,172 battles
25 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Do press accounts have protected matchmaking at T2? 5v5 is a kinda sparse game.

And yeah, co-op is a great place to start.

Nope...  as far as I know they are treated as normal.  The next T2 was full.  Just not a lot going on at the time.  Waited 3 min for a T1 round.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles

Zoup I just got home this video was the 1st thing I had to watch, it is one of your greatest videos IMO, and pass on my congrats to your Sister in Law on her 1st kill:Smile_honoring:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

So I did a stream with my sister-in-law over the weekend.  She had never streamed, nor had she ever played WoWS.  I got her in front of the camera and tried showing the ropes.  We pick up at game three.  Mind you, she has grown up with video games.  She plays Call of Duty, Halo, etc.  She is no stranger to games at all.  

This video does highlight tough what a new player is up against, trying to learn the game.  And she had me right next to her, teaching her on the fly.  Take it for what its worth.  I find it interesting none the less.

Great vid Zoup I have helped my bro in law the same way. I see only one problem..... the massive amounts of elite captains exp. your trainee has an enhanced abilities that are not learned.

[AP]
Members
1,196 posts
12,744 battles

that camera movement.....ya zoup youre not the only one getting dizzy

also....chikuma is 152mm, and there is no CV at T2, so why AFT?:cap_hmm: