You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Want to beat on fleets of leet mushasis...

21 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

If a person wanted to go reap some benefits from the influx of tier 9 Yamatos what is the best counter?

[SIM]
Members
3,920 posts
6,561 battles

High tier CVs. Its AA is poor. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

Destroyers, carriers, smart positioning.  They're just Yamatos with weaker secondaries, AA, and less accurate guns.  They can be hard to dig out of a strong position if they're bow on to you, but they're extremely vulnerable if they are flanked or are caught alone.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles
28 minutes ago, EmGee42 said:

Anything with torps

Not really. The torpedo protection is quite good. CVs will have an easier time with Musashi's due to the lower AA and other Battleships can citadel her pretty easy due to the raised citadel (from sitting higher in the water).

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
806 posts
7,007 battles

Musashi is extremely vulnerable to high tier CVs, and DDs to a lesser extent.

With AA auras of:

• DPS: 7.0 dps
    Distance: 1.2 km
  • DPS: 73.0 dps
    Distance: 3.1 km
  • DPS: 60.0 dps
    Distance: 5.0 km

Even tier 7-8 carriers could probably strike a Musashi without too many issues.

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago

[RLGN]
Members
11,490 posts
20,428 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

High tier CVs. Its AA is poor. 

This is potentially a worse liability to a team than the Musashi...

[5BS]
Members
7,884 posts
2 hours ago, Gascan75 said:

If a person wanted to go reap some benefits from the influx of tier 9 Yamatos what is the best counter?

T10 CV's if you actually know how to play them, Lexington/Enterprise will make mincemeat of them assuming they aren't stonewalled by other ship's AA/the enemy CV, Lion/Conq will roast the Musashi to high hell, and of course, the Yamato, which is everything the Musashi is just you know, better. I wouldn't waste time with DD's on the Musashi, they are going to be driven by numb-nuts for the next few days which means most of them will be circling 2km from where they spawned making torp runs nigh impossible.

Edited by _RC1138

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,538 posts
6,974 battles
1 hour ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

Not really. The torpedo protection is quite good. CVs will have an easier time with Musashi's due to the lower AA and other Battleships can citadel her pretty easy due to the raised citadel (from sitting higher in the water).

Has zero impact on the vulnerabilities of the Musashi's citadel. It's virtually the same height as the Yamato. Where the Musashi got citadeled, the Yamato will receive no less.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,953 posts
4,333 battles
2 hours ago, EmGee42 said:

Anything with torps

50% TDS says hello. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,033 battles
52 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

"Bye Bye"

midway.jpg

That is the reason why Musashi is not a long term investment. As the game ages, the percentage of games with CV in it will increase. Missouri will always be, or at least having the option to, be an AA beast. Musashi will never have event he slightest chance in the future when CV meta becomes a thing. 

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles

CVs absolutely dump all over Musashi, torpedoes would effective, she's big and slow, but she get's Yamato's ~60% torpedo damage reduction. I'll see if I can't harass some in my Shimakaze though.

[KSE]
Beta Testers
392 posts
13,419 battles

Not sure if superstructure  is different from Yamato but the Musashi is very easy to burn.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,033 posts
12,834 battles

Counter to Musashi is CV > DD  > Yamato > Musashi > well played Conqueror/Lion

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,050 posts
4,848 battles

Oh my Hindy is gonna have a field day with this ****er.

[WOLF3]
Members
21,685 posts
19,928 battles

Same strengths, weaknesses as Yamato herself.

- Air attack is Musashi's bane, more so than Yamato.

- Torpedo DDs running wild and nobody to spot them.  Some ships may have high TDS, but they won't have easy means of spotting a DD if you have no friends to run it down and find it.  The DD gets to do whatever the hell they want to the BB as long as they maintain Proper Disciplined DD play.  Few things make you feel helpless than being a BB stalked in open water by a DD that is being smartly played, and you have nobody willing to go help and find it.

- Citadel Weakness, just like Yamato.

Rk1Kz3K.jpg

Unless you got a full on side view of Yamato-class to citadel them, that highlighted area is a very, very vulnerable point.  Ships can and will citadel you if your angle is not right in a forward profile.  I aim for this spot ALL the time, veteran players ALL do the same against Yamato-class.  I can tell they're trying to hit it by where the shells are falling around and it must be protected at all costs.  Yamato was my second Tier X BB and I had tremendous problems with her at first for ages and it actually took a long time for me to understand this weakness and play around it.

If you are playing Yamato-class and are rounding around an island, this weakness will get you instantly rekt.

[INTEL]
Members
10,841 posts
30,537 battles
6 hours ago, Gascan75 said:

Yugumo. I can't wait.