Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Will Y118 optional Musashi camo be made available through campaign?

21 comments in this topic

Members
2,692 posts
10,448 battles

5,000 doubloons is a lot to ask for when it comes to camo that other people can hide with a click of a button, and the only additional benefit is 50% commander bonus...

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
2 minutes ago, Veksha said:

5,000 doubloons is a lot to ask for when it comes to camo that other people can hide with a click of a button, and the only additional benefit is 50% commander bonus...

Why do you care if other people can see it.  You will always see it.

5,000 doubloons isn't enough for you to pay to change my UI.

[WOLFG]
Members
228 posts
7,680 battles

There will be some High School Fleet camo through campaigns or collections for the Musashi, Yamato, and some other ship I cannot remember off hand.  Not sure what bonuses they give.

Members
2,692 posts
10,448 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Why do you care if other people can see it.  You will always see it.

It's the question of doubloons/value.  Other 5,000 doubloons camouflages come with number of bonuses and can't be hidden, while this one has a small bonus compared to default one and can be disabled.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,649 posts
17,133 battles

So, in essence; "I paid 5,000 doubloons for this camo and you WILL look at it!"?

Members
2,692 posts
10,448 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

So, in essence; "I paid 5,000 doubloons for this camo and you WILL look at it!"?

Well, it is true for every other 5,000 doubloon camo out there.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles
31 minutes ago, Veksha said:

Well, it is true for every other 5,000 doubloon camo out there.

Any camo can be modded so lots of people see other things.  I know that I do.  Plenty of players see a completely different version of the game than I do -- just look at the weebs anime fans who use the ARP ships and anime badges, etc. -- and it doesn't have any impact on my game play or satisfaction.  This has to be the silliest reason to want this camo to be free that I can possibly imagine.

To answer your question, I doubt that it will be available for free.  It's always possible, but generally speaking these bonus camos have required payment so that WG can pad their deposits.

[YAN]
Members
1,699 posts
8,085 battles
1 hour ago, Veksha said:

The camouflage is definitely not worth 5k doubloons, when it only gives 50% extra commander exp. Compare this to T10 perma camos which cost the same but give 50% reduction and 100% extra experience.

Members
2,202 posts
11,652 battles
16 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

The camouflage is definitely not worth 5k doubloons, when it only gives 50% extra commander exp. Compare this to T10 perma camos which cost the same but give 50% reduction and 100% extra experience.

True, but Musashi has a much lower repair bill and makes more credits to begin with, so credits aren't a comparison between the two. They'll make an equivalent credit amount, though I think Musashi will still make more. With the added 50% commander xp it's better than a T10 perma-camo, but the thing is that you already have the equivalent of a T10 permacamo with the ship to begin with.

T10 camos give:

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +20% credits earned in the battle.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.

This Y118 camo gives:

• -20% to the cost of ship's post-battle service
  • +50% to commander experience earned in the battle.

[PVE]
Members
9,545 posts
16,962 battles

It is worth the 5K Doubloons to NOT have to look at another fugly IJN green perma camo. The Commander bonus is a good thing too as it can be used to help train them up. I see no issue here?

Also, I am pretty sure WG will restrict any of the HSF missions/campaigns/events/requirements to be done in some form of PVP and not allow any to be done in PVE as is the norm. So if I want something other than the standard IJN fugly green camo for Musashi my choices are the Y118 camo as I do not play PVP. I actually don't mind the cost for the better look and improved Capt XP boost.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
450 posts
8,871 battles
36 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It is worth the 5K Doubloons to NOT have to look at another fugly IJN green perma camo. The Commander bonus is a good thing too as it can be used to help train them up. I see no issue here?

Also, I am pretty sure WG will restrict any of the HSF missions/campaigns/events/requirements to be done in some form of PVP and not allow any to be done in PVE as is the norm. So if I want something other than the standard IJN fugly green camo for Musashi my choices are the Y118 camo as I do not play PVP. I actually don't mind the cost for the better look and improved Capt XP boost.

Finish the Yamamoto campaign collection, and you can change the credit camos to blue.  It doesn't help with the premium camos, but at least they aren't green.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,221 posts
5,382 battles

Well, I am more interested in this question in regards can I save 5k doubloons or do I need to spend that if I want too.  Also, I have not seen anyone do a video or explain how the HSF campaign/collection is going to work, only pictures of the collection without much detail.  When does it start and does one go about doing it if they so desire?

[PVE]
Members
9,545 posts
16,962 battles
1 minute ago, FCA_Wichita said:

Well, I am more interested in this question in regards can I save 5k doubloons or do I need to spend that if I want too.  Also, I have not seen anyone do a video or explain how the HSF campaign/collection is going to work, only pictures of the collection without much detail.  When does it start and does one go about doing it if they so desire?

I think I saw somewhere that the info will be on the main wows site on the 18th but not sure.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,874 posts
10,116 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think I saw somewhere that the info will be on the main wows site on the 18th but not sure.

it says the 18th for more info in the 7.0 patch notes

hG4iiy9.png

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,699 posts
8,085 battles
5 hours ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

True, but Musashi has a much lower repair bill and makes more credits to begin with, so credits aren't a comparison between the two. They'll make an equivalent credit amount, though I think Musashi will still make more. With the added 50% commander xp it's better than a T10 perma-camo, but the thing is that you already have the equivalent of a T10 permacamo with the ship to begin with.

T10 camos give:

• -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +20% credits earned in the battle.

This Y118 camo gives:

• -20% to the cost of ship's post-battle service
  • +50% to commander experience earned in the battle.

But that's in comparison to the zero camo a T10 gets, while this camo is 5k doubloons for just a 50% extra bonus, it offers very little for such a high price.

Members
2,202 posts
11,652 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

But that's in comparison to the zero camo a T10 gets, while this camo is 5k doubloons for just a 50% extra bonus, it offers very little for such a high price.

Yup.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,618 posts
6,923 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If I could have that HSF grey scheme on my Yamato, I would.  The sickly green IJN camo in this game...

Well you're in luck then

Spoiler

e58b76da-df15-11e7-85d0-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

The only question is when it will be available.  If I had to guess it will either come tomorrow or be available through the Haifuri campaign 

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

I have to agree on this.  5000 dubs for +50% bonus to commander XP only is kind of outrageous.  Honestly I was kind of expecting that the entire reason that WG reduced the credit income for the Musashi was because you would be able to acquire some camo or another, perhaps the HSF camo that was going to give it some economics bonus. 

Honestly, since the Musashi is reported to only make 75% of the earnings of a Missouri and barely more than a Tier 8 premium, for me to spend 5000 dubs on camo, I would have to see it get the same economic bonuses that regular premium camo gives on the Tier 10 Yamato.  Give it 20% bonus to income and -50% to repair and reload and now you have Missouri levels of earning potential.  Give it that and I probably would go ahead and drop the 5k Dubs.  Well in this I guess that WG missed to boat.  I mean I am sure a some people with more money than sense will give them 5000 dubs for 50% bonus to commander XP but I don't think most will. 

Alpha Tester
588 posts
4,293 battles

It looks [edited]sick though. 5000 gold to not look have your ship ruined with an ugly green camo is right.

HSF Musashi is S-tier aesthetics.

Sign in to follow this