Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Can you....

82 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,627 posts
22,114 battles
10 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

:cap_haloween:LoL I knew there would be someone who would post this LoL:cap_haloween:

I don't even play with sound. The fire effect was annoying too.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

I don't even play with sound. The fire effect was annoying too.

Well to each their own. For me it is no music, but that is because I want to hear the Ocean, Ship, and Battle sounds.

Part of those sounds remind of my time in the USN.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,499 posts
15,773 battles
27 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

This post just shows that there are people who will complain about everything!

I don't know about complain, but it certainly shows different players like different things.

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,627 posts
22,114 battles
28 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

This post just shows that there are people who will complain about everything!

No, I asked if you could turn it off so I don't see it. If others want to see it that fine. It's more visual clutter to me.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,468 battles
11 minutes ago, SansPeur said:

Don't die in battle and you won't see them.

See op, there is always a simple fix! 

[LUCK]
Members
1,627 posts
22,114 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

See op, there is always a simple fix! 

Funny. I don't want to see them because they add nothing of value to the game.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, hofmannsc said:

turn off that badge crap?

I need to figure out how to turn this sh*t off. WG has been filling the game with useless sh*t lately - badges, collectibles and etc. We need new maps, more mission, you know .... things that actually enhance the gameplay. Not useless crap that developers jam into the game to make it seem like there is a progression aspect when there clearly isnt one.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts
10 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

WG has been filling the game with useless sh*t lately - badges, collectibles and etc. 

If you would take time to read the text included with the collections you would find yourself learning a great deal about history, the origins of the ships in the game, and the game itself. However (and don't take this personally because it's been my experience in all online games that I've played) I've found that some of the better players of historical-based games have the least desire to involve themselves with the historical part. All they are interested in is the actual gameplay; the units they command might as well not even be based on actual historical units. Other players, like myself, play historical games mainly because we like to learn about, well, history. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[W-G]
Beta Testers
626 posts
5,317 battles
7 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

Funny. I don't want to see them because they add nothing of value to the game.

This. It's nothing but a way for those without a life to fire a blistering wave of unnecessary bright color in your face. Sh*t is annoying to the point where I might just go back to playing FPS and RTS's full time and walk away from WG after almost ten years of playing their games. No, I'm not expecting anyone to care, but a forum is for discussion.

6 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I need to figure out how to turn this sh*t off. WG has been filling the game with useless sh*t lately - badges, collectibles and etc. We need new maps, more mission, you know .... things that actually enhance the gameplay. Not useless crap that developers jam into the game to make it seem like there is a progression aspect when there clearly isnt one.

#MeToo

Agreed 100% - They're running out of ideas and are reaching out to the ADD crowd who can only stay focused with bright shiny things.

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If you would take time to read the text included with the collections you would find yourself learning a great deal about history, the origins of the ships in the game, and the game itself. 

I love history more than most, and I did read them, but at the end of the day it is rather useless and very little is stuff that I did not know; therefore, it is a waste of time. If I want a history lesson I'll go digging through archives, which I do from time to time anyway. I don't mind that stuff, but this giant @$$ badge showing up every time I die is more annoying than a lot-lizard at a truck stop.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,468 battles
10 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

You want new missions for rewards and want to get rid of collections that are obtainable by doing things in game and getting rewards.... 

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If you would take time to read the text included with the collections you would find yourself learning a great deal about history, the origins of the ships in the game, and the game itself. 

I find it very difficult to enjoy something like this, particularly when I see the limited amount of resources game developers possess being diverted to useless little game gimmicks rather than into fixing serious, fundamental problems with the game itself.

Instead of giving us useless collectibles or badges, it would be nice if they wiuld be spending their limited resources on new maps, a rebalanced CV meta, and a properly balanced MM that doesnt treat tier 8s as candy for tier Xs.

Putting useless sh*t into the game does not enhance gameplay, and gameplay is the only thing that matters.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 2

Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
1 hour ago, TTK_Aegis said:

"Have it your way" was a mistake. People think everything is Burger King. 

Tell me about it. We hated going to McD's in the 80s with a particular buddy in the car. At a time when Big Macs were premade and stockpiled, ordering one without cheese on a Saturday night was a great way to get banished to a parking space for 10 minutes, waiting for someone to run out with your order.

Basically, he got a fresh burger, while we got burgers that had cooled in a bag on the counter....

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts
Just now, USMarine said:

I love history more than most, and I did read them, but at the end of the day it is rather useless and very little is stuff that I did not know; therefore, it is a waste of time. If I want a history lesson I'll go digging through archives, which I do from time to time anyway. I don't mind that stuff, but this giant @$$ badge showing up every time I die is more annoying than a lot-lizard at a truck stop.

I appreciate the fact that WG is constantly adding to the game and trying to keep it interesting for the players. In another game I played for almost ten years, there were three expansions and maybe a patch about once a year and that was that. 

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

You want new missions for rewards and want to get rid of collections that are obtainable by doing things in game and getting rewards.... 

Collectibles are NOT rewards imho. Flags, camos, doubloons are rewards. Useless sh*t that you may look at/read ONCE is not a reward.

• Cool 2

[W-G]
Beta Testers
626 posts
5,317 battles

I also hate the new division crap where I have to open the chat to ready up before I click battle (since I'm div commander).

• Cool 1

[W-G]
Beta Testers
626 posts
5,317 battles
1 minute ago, hofmannsc said:

The collections with the historical write ups- valuable. Patches that do nothing, not so much.

Point.

At least you can learn something versus having a bright ADD sticker in your face.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts
2 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

treat tier 8s as candy for tier Xs.

:Smile_teethhappy:I can relate to that. Someone asked me the other day what I was going with my New Orleans in a cap. I said "acting as bait." That's about the only thing I could do as the only tier VIII ship on my team in a tier X match -- let them fire at me and reveal their positions.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,652 posts
8,016 battles
2 hours ago, hofmannsc said:

turn off that badge crap?

18 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

No way to turn them off

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,468 battles
3 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Collectibles are NOT rewards imho. Flags, camos, doubloons are rewards. Useless sh*t that you may look at/read ONCE is not a reward.

You realize you get rewards for finishing collections that give you benefits in game? Of course you don't want to admit that, because you just prefer to be a grump about things you don't like. 

"You kids get off my lawn"

Sign in to follow this