Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

22 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts

I know 0.7 just dropped but we already have a clearer understanding, at least in the broad strokes, of what's coming in 0.7.1, a.k.a. (potentially, working title, under review, ect, ect) Vive La France

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/01/17/world-of-warships-0-7-1-supertest-vive-la-france-campaign-collection/

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/01/14/world-of-warships-0-7-1-supertest-information/

Highlights include obvious, French BB's, a new Campaign (placeholder badges so far) and Collection w/ Flag and elite Commander French Commander Jacques-Jean Honore.

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
6 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Vive La France

Merci beaucoup for the info:Smile_honoring:

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
7 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Is "Vive La France" permanent camo?

Now that would be nice, lets hope so!

[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts
7 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Is "Vive La France" permanent camo?

Unknown. I suspect not as they generally don't announce them as such. Most likely a premium, but not permanent, one to celebrate the event/given as Campaign rewards.

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
288 posts
9,017 battles

I am really looking forward to that.  I decided to make French line my main one so it will be alllll good with that Campaign and Captain :)

[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts
27 minutes ago, drghost69 said:

I am really looking forward to that.  I decided to make French line my main one so it will be alllll good with that Campaign and Captain :)

He get's some nice bonuses, especially to AR which personally I would otherwise forgo.

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
288 posts
9,017 battles

3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

He get's some nice bonuses, especially to AR which personally I would otherwise forgo.

Indeed, i never used it before, but it looks like it can be quite good since you get abused if you get hit. :) 

[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts
1 minute ago, drghost69 said:

Indeed, i never used it before, but it looks like it can be quite good since you get abused if you get hit. :) 

Well it's temperamental, as it it's benefits are multiplicative, it has diminishing returns depending on the ship/weapon. Even at best, it usually will drop a 30 second reload to ~25 seconds assuming you are down 90% health. With this improved commander, that goes down to 23.25 seconds. Assuming you put him on a T9/10 BB that chooses to mount the reload upgrade, typically dropping the reload to ~26.4 (on a 30 sec base load), AR, at 90% health gone, drops the reload to 20.46. Now you've got a serious advantage in a fight assuming you can stay alive with 10% health.

• Cool 1

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
288 posts
9,017 battles
43 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Well it's temperamental, as it it's benefits are multiplicative, it has diminishing returns depending on the ship/weapon. Even at best, it usually will drop a 30 second reload to ~25 seconds assuming you are down 90% health. With this improved commander, that goes down to 23.25 seconds. Assuming you put him on a T9/10 BB that chooses to mount the reload upgrade, typically dropping the reload to ~26.4 (on a 30 sec base load), AR, at 90% health gone, drops the reload to 20.46. Now you've got a serious advantage in a fight assuming you can stay alive with 10% health.

Oh yeah. ok i see what you mean by that.  With the math it gives a better understanding!  Thank you for the info.  It's more of a last ditch effort to take out someone before they do you in i guess.

Beta Testers
1,644 posts
3,820 battles
1 hour ago, Raptor_alcor said:

*wants USN cruiser split soon*

Gotta watch the world of warships development blog on Facebook about two to three months of the ships appearing in there then you should see them in game. Musashi for instance was in the Dev blog in October and is just now coming out.

Alpha Tester
2,197 posts
2 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Unknown. I suspect not as they generally don't announce them as such. Most likely a premium, but not permanent, one to celebrate the event/given as Campaign rewards.

I sure would like a permanent one, seeing as we already have the Stars & Stripes and CCCP camos.

[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts
41 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

I sure would like a permanent one, seeing as we already have the Stars & Stripes and CCCP camos.

Well in that vain they already HAVE given an alt perm camo French-Themed: the Fluer camo for the Dunk.

27 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

I would sure love to get in on them French BB's.. im sure my favorite will be the T4 and T5.. 

I suspect the Alsace will be a beast. Bismarck-esq secondaries, German style turtleback, nutsy range (what? 26-28km full upgraded w/o the range extension/spotter), fairly low dispersion given that max range (it should be about as accurate as an IJN at comparable ranges), 2.0 sigma, 12 guns in  3 turrets, with the only real appreciable downside is they are 15" guns, but as the Derpitiz/Bismarck show, good 15" guns can punch up if the platform can live long enough. The only other problem with it is it can be seen from space but so can the GK and look what it does. Oh and with speed boost it should push 34 knots.

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/11/26/world-of-warships-supertest-french-battleship-alsace-tierix/

France (the T10) looks like a mess though; 8 17" guns, 1 turret fore and aft, even with it's insane armor/turtback, doesn't look good to me. Like it will live, but struggle to deal damage.

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/11/27/world-of-warships-supertest-french-battleship-france-tier-x/

Edited by _RC1138

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
449 posts
8,743 battles

I'm excited for all of them honestly... I just fumble about in 4,5,6,7 range the most. The Alsace should be fun though. 

[LEGIT]
Members
1,538 posts
23,468 battles

That Vive La France camo makes me think a bunch of pissed off passengers have had it and they're gonna fight back.

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
288 posts
9,017 battles
2 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Well in that vain they already HAVE given an alt perm camo French-Themed: the Fluer camo for the Dunk.

I really love the Fleure de Lys Camo on my Dunk, it think it looks bad [edited]and just gorgeous. When it was available i just had to get it lol

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,463 posts
29,324 battles

I'm wondering if the French campaign will be like the Dunkirk campaign/collection or like the Yamamato campaign.

I surely hope its like the former.

[5BS]
Members
6,017 posts
8 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I'm wondering if the French campaign will be like the Dunkirk campaign/collection or like the Yamamato campaign.

I surely hope its like the former.

Probably the Yamamoto.

[-TXT-]
Members
496 posts
10,404 battles
5 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

I cover  the Capt in a video A day ago.

Sign in to follow this