You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Evangeline_Blue

Clan leadership positions.

13 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
Members
9 posts
5,609 battles

I just started a clan, and see where in World of Tanks there are leadership positions in the clans there.   I see nothing of the sort in the clan screen and have found nothing online related to this.

Is there a way to set people in the clan to leadership positions?  If so, how please?

Thank you,

Eve

[BB-57]
Members
154 posts
9,142 battles

Yes. But with the update dropping now, I can't logon to see how. Sorry.

There is a way though.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
283 posts
5,135 battles

in ships, it's only done in-game, rather than website like in tanks & planes

positions are CO, XO, Recruiter & Junior Officer

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
2 hours ago, Evangeline_Blue said:

I just started a clan, and see where in World of Tanks there are leadership positions in the clans there.   I see nothing of the sort in the clan screen and have found nothing online related to this.

Is there a way to set people in the clan to leadership positions?  If so, how please?

Thank you,

Eve

41 minutes ago, Bear_82 said:

Yep, only can upgrade people to a higher officer in game. You go to the clan tab, select the checkbox for the person to change and click on 'modify, it' is the word that is used I believe, to get the drop down of officer types. 'Exclude' will drop someone from the clan. Since you started the clan, do not do the other option from exclude or modify as that transfers the clan leadership to another person and you can not get it back, unless they transfer it back to you. I forgot the word they use, but if they would have used transfer, it would be more obvious what you are doing.

The CO can do everything including transfer clan ownership.

The XO(s) can do everything, except transfer clan ownership.

The Recruiter(s) can add and delete clan members.

Line officer is the basic clan member status and has no powers.

There was mention of adding a builder officer who would be able to build buildings, but that is planned for the future.

Another type of officer that would be great, but has only been suggested by players so far I believe, is a Fleet Commander, who could start a clan battle division. Right now, only the CO, XO, and Recruiter can do that.

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And don't make someone an Officer without checking with them 1st. LOL :Smile_glasses:

:Smile_teethhappy:

I promise you won't have to do anything with clan battles or PvP. You are just such an advocate for PvE, that I thought you would be a good backup to Taylor and I for other PvE clan functions. Not to mention, I had to throw in everything I could to get you to try a clan and with the Santa crates this year, that was the best clan decision ever! :Smile_honoring::Smile_medal:

[PVE]
Members
7,549 posts
13,059 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I promise you won't have to do anything with clan battles or PvP. You are just such an advocate for PvE, that I thought you would be a good backup to Taylor and I for other PvE clan functions. Not to mention, I had to throw in everything I could to get you to try a clan and with the Santa crates this year, that was the best clan decision ever! :Smile_honoring::Smile_medal:

Next time throw cash at me. :Smile-_tongue:

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Next time throw cash at me. :Smile-_tongue:

Five Santa Boxes each for the 30 clan members, when the boxes started, was my about my limit on sending boxes this year to thank everyone for getting all the buildings in the beginning of Dec. I didn't have enough left over when we expanded to 40 to send out more boxes, mostly because of the thousands of oil you got from your boxes. :Smile_honoring:  Depending on how work...works out this year, I hope to send boxes out to the clan again next year.

[PVE]
Members
7,549 posts
13,059 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Five Santa Boxes each for the 30 clan members, when the boxes started, was my about my limit on sending boxes this year to thank everyone for getting all the buildings in the beginning of Dec. I didn't have enough left over when we expanded to 40 to send out more boxes, mostly because of the thousands of oil you got from your boxes. :Smile_honoring:  Depending on how work...works out this year, I hope to send boxes out to the clan again next year.

You owe me nothing my friend. Just having some fun.

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You owe me nothing my friend. Just having some fun.

You certainly did your part for the clan on oil. :)

I thought about spending all of my WoWs Christmas money just on me, but I had fun sending out boxes. Some people got ships that they did not have, so that was awesome. Our clan of mostly PvE players did really well on getting oil for the clan buildings. We had all of the clan buildings and had just started on the first expansion building when the Santa boxes started. I started the clan to get the bonus buildings and we got them much faster than I thought we would. I wanted to thank everyone for their hard work.

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
5 hours ago, Evangeline_Blue said:

Thank you,

Eve

3 hours ago, Bear_82 said:

The server is up, so I was able to get in and get a screen shot.

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And don't make someone an Officer without checking with them 1st. LOL :Smile_glasses:

I hope you don't mind me using you as an example in the screen shot. :)

https://imgur.com/b9SuZv8

So you can see I've checked AdmiralThunder and if I click Modify Position, I can change him from Deputy Cmdr to any other type of officer except Commander. Which he would like me to do I think, but he has too much a sense of duty I believe since he is a good man from my time spent talking to him.

If I were to pick Delegate Authority, and AdmiralThunder would NEVER forgive me, I would be giving him the clan I started and could not get it back unless he gave it back. 

If I were to pick Exclude, then I would be deleting AdmiralThunder from the clan which would be a travesty for all he has done for the clan.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
57 minutes ago, Evangeline_Blue said:

Awesome!  Thank you very much!!  

You are welcome. Glad to help