You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
C_D

American CV

14 comments in this topic

[187]
Members
1,616 posts
9,062 battles

Just one question....WHY?

Why were my choices of plane load out removed? It is ridiculous to the point of absurd. I want the choice to have all fighters or all bombers or all torpedo planes or any other combination "I" choose. wth WoW...I researched all the way up to almost Midway and you take my choices away? wth...you guys piss me off so bad if you will not bring the option back then I DEMAND to be refunded ALL of the XP and money/dablooms related to upgrading to almost MIDWAY. I played just fine with one torp plane and three bombers with 7 planes in each group after dropping my loads I am able to spot or stay onsite etc for spotting...I really do not care what you think your reasoning was but it is/was incorrect. Unless you played an American carrier all the way thru like 
I have then you would understand. All you have done now is NO ONE wants to play a CV and if they do all they play is Japan...it's ridiculous....This game is in no way historically accurate as it is so wth? Give the flexibility back to a CV commander and watch how many people start playing them....other wise make the choices and options for ALL CVS the same so only difference is in appearance of the carrier itself.                                 #leveltheplayingfield         asswads.....end of rant.

onavy.thumb.jpg.16478f6659dad201afa3e2abf60104bf.jpg

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,699 posts
8,085 battles

The loadout changes actually benefitted Midway and its now considered superior to Hakuryu, something that couldn't be said with a serious face for a very long time.

I agree that the removal of loadouts reduced variety and limited playstyle options, but I have hope that the fact we are getting changes is the leadup to a bigger CV rework.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,923 posts
15,724 battles

Stupidly heavy bomber and fighter loadouts were both bad for the game, so they were removed.

If you think the vast majority of people aren't playing CV because of a lack of customizable loadouts, you're pretty out of touch with what most players think of CVs.

[187]
Members
1,616 posts
9,062 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Stupidly heavy bomber and fighter loadouts were both bad for the game, so they were removed.

If you think the vast majority of people aren't playing CV because of a lack of customizable loadouts, you're pretty out of touch with what most players think of CVs.

Its about choice ...other CVS have some why limit was the question please stay on topic and explain to me WHY I don't need your opinion, I want the reason why and if whatever it was do they still think it was a good idea?

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
697 posts
5,451 battles

AS loadouts were one of the reasons for the low stats of the USN CVs. They did very little damage and had little influence on winning the game in randoms. 

The new balanced loadouts have made the USN CVs line fairly strong. Especially Midway, it is a complete monster right now. 

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,093 posts
6,251 battles
3 hours ago, C_D said:

Its about choice ...other CVS have some why limit was the question please stay on topic and explain to me WHY I don't need your opinion, I want the reason why and if whatever it was do they still think it was a good idea?

Its because the AS option shut down the IJN CV and the all bomber option was viewed by most of the players as a plague......so, they are gone.

While the IJN CV's have options, very few players chose the AS setup and most free xp past the stock load to get the balanced 'strike' package.

WG will rarely admit to making a mistake so even if WG considers their US CV tweak a bad idea, they'll never say so. Other ships have few options, why should CV's? They are difficult to balance as it is with varying squadron sizes so why complicate the issue with multiple loads.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,755 posts
9,095 battles

It was about choice...  a false choice.  Many people complained about the USN having two very subpar choices, both gameplay and fun-wise.  So WG removed the extremes and buffed the middle choice.

Yes, there's less of a choice now, but I haven't seen many people complain about the changes on a design level.  Power level?  Yeah, people have and will argue about that for good reason, but the general sentiment here seems to be that for the CV player at least it's made everything more fun.  Especially those who still had their Midways sitting in port.

If you're not liking some of the gameplay, have you checked out the new AP bombs?  You might find those fun!  People tend to love them or hate them.

[WAG]
Members
25 posts
5,498 battles

1 any 203mm cruiser can sitadel a cv whyith he 

Us cvs suffer to the laponece ones due to being overwelmed by enemy aircraft

Tier 4.5.6.7 gave no armor at all making them a simple target. No to forget that teams trow the game away to kill one cv

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,755 posts
9,095 battles
4 minutes ago, erickelcapitan said:

1 any 203mm cruiser can sitadel a cv whyith he 

Us cvs suffer to the laponece ones due to being overwelmed by enemy aircraft

Tier 4.5.6.7 gave no armor at all making them a simple target. No to forget that teams trow the game away to kill one cv

A CV should never be taking fire from 203mm cruisers in the first place.  If the CV is he's either out of position or the game has already been lost.  CV armor is probably the least important stat they have in game. 

Also, a USN CV does indeed have less aircraft than an IJN one, but their individual squads are far superior.  There is nothing more an IJN CV fears than a USN fighter strafe.  While the overall balance might tend towards the IJN CVs from tiers 6-9, the Midway is currently an insanely powerful ship.  The two CV lines could do with a long look at balance as the IJN CVs still perform better on average, but in my experience from 6-8, the IJN CVs don't overwhelm so much as spend all game dancing around the USN fighters.

[WAG]
Members
25 posts
5,498 battles

first, there are new carrier players every day. Even one just suisided in my aa cleve

second, japonece can just overrun the carrier whith strike craft and kill you early(i hate boge and langley) 

Also why are sitadels so easy whoth any tyipe of he?

[187]
Members
1,616 posts
9,062 battles

Thank you for the replies....I know all CV's get overlooked for the mere spotting ability and contributions to a battle in that regard....many of times I have circled a dd for my team so they could kill it off which can turn the tides...not sure if there is credit added to the cv for maintaining visual so a ship can be destroyed by the team...there should be.

Thank you all again