Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fishrokk

MM - Maybe some of the people complaining have a point.

13 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,798 posts
5,383 battles

In five-ish years of WoT and WoWs since closed beta, I've never complained about MM for either game.*  My default position on MM complaints has been 'We all get the same MM, get over it'.

mdpAGov.png

This battle was a little more challenging, strictly speaking, than it needed to have been.  Take Missouri's radar away, and I have no problem with it.  But WoWs, unlike WoT, now has more to balance than simply type and tier.  Maybe it's time the devs took a look at this?

I dunno - anyone think I'm way off base here?

Edit: * - That I can remember.

[SALVO]
Members
22,061 posts
22,481 battles

I don't think that you're wrong.  I just don't see WG doing anything about it.

[YAN]
Members
1,699 posts
8,085 battles

Its a by-product of the imminent removal of Missouri and the Raid Campaign credit missions.

Both of these produce a large amount of Missourism, from people rushing to quickly get their own to trying to finish the campaign.

WG will label this the same as new ship releases and things such as Bismarck Campaign that lead to an overpopulation and favourism of ships in the matchmaker, such as increased DDs at T10 for the 90k torp damage mission.

However, WG does listen to feedback and its possible they will introduce more universal missions in the future to curb this.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,329 posts
21,605 battles

People on both sides of the MM debate have good points, they are just diametrically opposed to one another is all.

[DIEBL]
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,766 battles

yep happens a lot in ranked tonight I got 13 losses in a row fell back to 7 got a chat ban so many reports but when you get stuck with players that don't move from spawn don't focus fire don't shoot at DD ( cause he was to far away so they said yet enemy team smashed me from same distance) you just have to bend over and accept your loss , sometimes you can keep a star but lots of other times I am getting killed to early to do so from focus fire while my team is hiding behind rocks and it gets agitating  cause you can only do so much  

[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles

It is what it is. The only way WG changes it is if the base as a whole goes up in flames, or if the cashflow from said base dries up. Get in there, do the best you can, and hope it DOES change. Aside from letting WG know directly how you feel, there really isn't anything else we can do.

[TBW]
Members
8,132 posts
14,854 battles

Been grinding Chappy in Ranked and when I am the only radar, it's hard to lose, it happens but not so often.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,798 posts
5,383 battles

@Akeno017, it's not so much the overall amount of Missouris as it is the amount of Missouris on one team

A while back they changed the MM for WoT, and completely screwed it up with their tiering templates.  All they really needed to do was add one step to match setup just before drop in where the routine looked at exactly what it had, and checked to see if it could make a more even match by switching one or two tanks from one team to the other.  In this case, if that step had been there and switched two of our Iowas for two of their Missouris - BOOM!  Balanced match.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I wonder what all is considered. Ship type and tier is obviously considered. But after that initial 24 selection is made, couldn't a quick simple team composition pass be made? Can we get a comparable number of ships with radar on each side without creating a ship type/tier imbalance? Then def fire, then hydro. If no, then ok, proceed anyway. If yes, then in the OP, 2 Missouris get swapped for 2 Iowa's, or an Iowa and the Freddy.

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,272 battles
2 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I wonder what all is considered. Ship type and tier is obviously considered. But after that initial 24 selection is made, couldn't a quick simple team composition pass be made? Can we get a comparable number of ships with radar on each side without creating a ship type/tier imbalance? Then def fire, then hydro. If no, then ok, proceed anyway. If yes, then in the OP, 2 Missouris get swapped for 2 Iowa's, or an Iowa and the Freddy.

Seems like the type of balancing check that should occur.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,798 posts
5,383 battles
1 hour ago, CBSDracster said:

This has to be a Photoshop. I've seen several times on this forum that radar mismatches like this never occur.

VgwXld2.jpg

But, you know, less aggressive snark.

20180116_214339_PJSD207-Shiratsuyu_45_Zigzag.wowsreplay

Side note:  If you want to feel good about your own high tier DD play, this would be a good replay to download and watch.  I stank it up hardcore - maybe 5K damage and out.  It was bad.  Really bad.

Sign in to follow this