Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

what does it mean if I am more comfortable in the Izumo than the Friedrich Der Grosser?

20 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
723 posts
5,430 battles

Everyone hates Izumo and today, I got mine.

After few games, I am quite surprised that I felt pretty comfortable in it.

I constantly do better than when I am in Friedrich Der Grosser.

What's going on? My strategy with Izumo is actually quite like the other battleship.

I don't stay bow-on. I am rather constantly on the move angling against most fearful threat and keep firing AP shells.

My strategy with FDG is actually the same.. I don't go for secondaries build anymore I just stick with survivability build and also spam AP shells.

Edited by 0806sung

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,165 posts
11,280 battles
2 minutes ago, 0806sung said:

What's going on?

She's not actually a bad ship, just all the other tier 9's are better.

[CAPGO]
Members
723 posts
5,430 battles
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

She's not actually a bad ship, just all the other tier 9's are better.

but I am curious because I actually do worse in FDG

[LEGIO]
Members
3,310 posts
6,368 battles

FDG requires getting a game in which players want to behave like men and get into the fight and brawl versus camp in spawn and lob shells from safety.

But Izumo isn't as bad a ship as people claim. Those guns have insane velocity.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,165 posts
11,280 battles
16 minutes ago, 0806sung said:

but I am curious because I actually do worse in FDG

I'm guessing it's more a welcome to tier 9/10 thing, and for some reason the Izumo clicked and the FDG didn't. For me, as a battleship main, I hate the static, hide behind a rock nature of the higher tier games, so when I PvP at tier 10, it's usually in my Shimakaze.

[YAN]
Members
1,699 posts
8,085 battles

FDG takes insane amounts of pen damage, and I found it horribly hard to prevent and prevent that, even with angling, while Izumo angles far better for dealing with AP.

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles

I would say it means you don't like brawling BBs, but I don't think anyone does past tier 7. That play style becomes pretty unfeasible at tier 8+. Izumo, while an awkward ship in an of itself, is a much more comfortable one to play in the tier 9 meta.

[-THOR]
Members
173 posts
2,326 battles
7 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

I would say it means you don't like brawling BBs, but I don't think anyone does past tier 7. That play style becomes pretty unfeasible at tier 8+. Izumo, while an awkward ship in an of itself, is a much more comfortable one to play in the tier 9 meta.

Agreed.  You hardly ever see "brawls" in high-tier matches.  12 km in a tier 10 is about the same as 4 km in a tier 6.  People are going to die very quickly.

[AR]
Members
360 posts
15,127 battles

Who wouldn't ? FDG is horrible. With Izumo, you can rely on to deal some decent dmg. With FDG, its disappointment after disappointment. I was never surprised to miss even  a full volley at around 9.5km.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
21,685 posts
19,928 battles

Brawling in a BB is perfectly feasible Tier VIII and below but at IX-X it gets harder to do as everyone packs a wallop at long range and is super accurate.  Everyone being tentative to push ahead in Tier VIII-X matches is like that for good reason.  You overextend just the tiny bit too much, you will be eating accurate, powerful gunfire from everyone within 20km of you.  Some, like Yamato and Montana, will do it even at longer range.  Brawling with GK & FDG at those tiers take skill and finesse.  You just can't roll up to people like you used to do with Bismarck and beat up on ships who's gun range are about as long as your secondaries (i.e. Perth's gun range *barely* eclipses Bismarck's secondaries range), as well as some having 21kt speeds.

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles

Have you thought about the idea that maybe you're more comfortable in it because it's easier to spell and pronounce? 

Members
738 posts
4,176 battles

Izumo has the best ~16" guns in the game, tight dispersion patterns due to the turret placement, decent firing angles, and is fantastically tanky against everything except Yamato. Its also got the strongest armor scheme of any Japanese BB in the game. Its a good ship. I didn't hate FDG but it felt like a morbidly obese Bismarck. 

Members
3,190 posts
4,322 battles
2 hours ago, 0806sung said:

What's going on? My strategy with Izumo is actually quite like the other battleship.

I don't stay bow-on. I am rather constantly on the move angling against most fearful threat and keep firing AP shells.

My strategy with FDG is actually the same.. I don't go for secondaries build anymore I just stick with survivability build and also spam AP shells.

I like her to I just dont enjoy higher tier game play. Every game feels like a fight to see who can hide behind the biggest island long enough.

Also I have been forcing myself to adopt a second line positioning instead of the tip of the spear. It is the hardest part of the ship for me. 

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 hours ago, 0806sung said:

I'll take Izumo over FDG any day. I have an inborn hatred for that damn ship. The difference between the tier X, and the FDG is quite literally night and day.

- The main guns are mediocre at best, no matter if you spec for them. Terrible German ballistics, a-b-x-y configuration and horrible dispersion.

- The secondaries are mediocre at best, regardless if you spec for them. Only half benefit from IFHE.

- The AA is mediocre at best, regardless if you spec for it. Long range aura is too weak to shoot anything down before torps are dropped in the water.

FDG just sucks...

[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

I found FdG incredibly unpleasant to play after the awesomeness that is the Bismarck. So saying you're confused as to why you enjoy Izumo more than another POS ship wouldn't be unheard of. Getting my Kurfurst was a sigh of relief.

Note: Izumo does have some good things going for it. It's belt armor is really thick, and it's shell velocity is very very high. I wouldn't brawl with it, but as a mid range sniper, she doesn't look half bad. Mind you, I'm currently at Amagi, so maybe I'll think differently once I actually reach the Izumo.

[PVE]
Members
1,702 posts
7,512 battles

Dunno, when I was in Amagi, loved it and thought despite what others said Izumo cannot be all that bad, after getting it and playing a few battles, I cannot stand to see it in my port, it totally disgust me, IMO, when you talk about POS, Izumo fits the bill.  Have not gotten rid of it yet or FXP'd through it, keep thinking when I start drinking again someday (like that's ever going to happen), I'll take it back out and try it again. :Smile_teethhappy:

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,838 battles

It means nothing other than the fact you like the japanese playstyle over the german. Seriously don't read into things you don't need to. 

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,804 posts
3,795 battles

sYuSrMH.png

I do love my Izumo. She's my pride and Joy at Tier 9 lol

I play her with her spec'd for secondaries.

~Hunter

Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,769 posts
4,839 battles

I do ok in her myself but i still want to sell the pos lol

Sign in to follow this