You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Darkpriest667

matchmaking is completely broken

17 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
698 battles

Someone explain to me how this system is not completely broken... I will not pay another dollar to wargaming until this is fixed.. Tired of this crap.  And it happens to my buddies and I all the time.. we are always the bottom tier and in this case.. (and it happens a LOT) we are the only ships on tier 6.. in a tier 7/8 battle.. basically screwing our team.

26Es2Aoh.png

Edited by Darkpriest667
  • Funny 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,552 posts
9,595 battles

No no, you've got it backward, you need to give WG more money before they'll fix it for you.

• Funny 1

[5D5]
Members
2,577 posts
15,774 battles

MM is working fine in both examples. Not sure how you can use the 2nd example with a straight face as a fail division.

Bottom tier isn't a death sentence. You need to alter how you play though since you are not the big fish in the pond.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

MM is not completely broken. You got into a match with other players. 

Now, it didn't perform to your preference. That sucks, but it's not that big a deal. Nurnberg and Farragut are both good ships, they should be able to help out, if played carefully. 

Now, when you get to T9/10 and there's 5 radars on one side and none on the other, then you can complain. Massively powerful mechanics like that need to be controlled for. But this is really not that big a deal. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,929 posts
10,455 battles

Going from memory Lert's work on tier 5 & 6 MM the 5's are up tiered about 66% of the time and tier 6 about 50% of the time. Put on your big boy pants and quit whining, it is how the game works.

[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
462 battles
18 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

MM is not completely broken. You got into a match with other players. 

Now, it didn't perform to your preference. That sucks, but it's not that big a deal. Nurnberg and Farragut are both good ships, they should be able to help out, if played carefully. 

Now, when you get to T9/10 and there's 5 radars on one side and none on the other, then you can complain. Massively powerful mechanics like that need to be controlled for. But this is really not that big a deal. 

Exactly. Also, you fail div'd, with a not so good DD on top of that, and so you, not MM, hurt your team.

[TBW]
Members
7,091 posts
13,018 battles

While the campaigns are going on, you can expect to be bottom tier 10 out of 10 times (like I was) in tier 5 and at least 7 of 10 in tier 6 (which I didn't try). You don't even want to know about tier 8.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RE]
Members
489 posts
19,224 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Put on your big boy pants and quit whining, it is how the game works.

I hear what you are saying, so going in a T7 BB against T9 BB's, you can't penetrate anything with AP unless the ship is a stone throw away, HE tend to break up a lot and thy can bow pen you as thy want, so yes how the hell are you suppose to grind ships when you can't do any damage

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles
5 minutes ago, Darthvader_9 said:

I hear what you are saying, so going in a T7 BB against T9 BB's, you can't penetrate anything with AP unless the ship is a stone throw away, HE tend to break up a lot and thy can bow pen you as thy want, so yes how the hell are you suppose to grind ships when you can't do any damage

You play second line and fire at the superstructure.  Not all of the HE breaks, either...

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
28 minutes ago, Darthvader_9 said:

i'm pretty sure a 16in shell on the colorado can go through the side of a BB just as well as the 16in shell and the Iowa is I can citidel a NC at 15 km in my Arizona then you can do it with a 16in shell

[SALVO]
Members
18,940 posts
19,182 battles
10 minutes ago, Darthvader_9 said:

1.  Tier 7 BB guns and AP shells are just fine.  You need to learn where to aim.  If you can't pen the belt armor, aim for the superstructure.  And if the enemy ships are angled and you're still having trouble penning, don't be afraid to use HE.

2. Don't be afraid to focus more on enemy cruisers when you're bottom tier, because one thing's for sure, it's a very rare top tier cruiser that's going to have the armor to repel even bottom tier BB guns' AP.

3.  When you're in a bottom tier BB, don't lead any charges early on and try to be behind your top tier BBs.  Not max range sniping, but a bit behind them providing supporting fire.

4. In general, bottom tier BBs can do very well even when down 2 tiers.  You have to have realistic expectations and not play overly aggressively against top tier BBs, unless you find yourself with a major HP advantage late game.  And then you can actually play the bully.  

Overall, it's just not as bad as people think.  

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,998 posts
4,848 battles

Use your noodle, learn from your mistakes, and excel. We will be waiting at tier 10 for you, because by then you won't be a potato like the morons who buy tier 8s and throw games over noob mistakes.

To unlock the gates of Unicum Valhalla you must first bleed in the fields of MM boning. 

[13TH]
Members
2 posts
2,972 battles

Tiers really dont bother me too much, sure you adjust your game play to suit whats on the table and get the best out of your ship for the situation, the major moan I have with MM that radar isnt a factor, its a massive game changer when one team has 3 (often in a division) and you have zilch.   

Edited by Gunfios_UK

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,662 battles
7 hours ago, Darthvader_9 said:

Use HE and aim for the superstructure or the bow and stern. or use AP and aim for the superstructure. If you can't figure this out you really should not be playing battleships end of. 

Edit: to the person who downvoted me, this is valid if you "cannot do any damage" in a tier 7 BB against tier 9s, the problem is you, not the ship. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1