You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

Easiest Ranked Season By Far

11 comments in this topic

Members
369 posts
12,164 battles

This was by far the easiest season I have had. The entire time I played it was enjoyable.  I started late about 25 days to go and played consistently in the evening with the intention of ranking to the next level each day. The most stars I lost in a row were 2, and many times lost but no star gone. The rank 13-rank 6 I played 3 main ships. The Atago, Loyang, and the Kutuzov. Now you must be saying to yourself "oh premium ships" well at Rank 5 I ran the Edinburgh. Slot radar, extended hydro, and loaded a 19 point captain with RPF. Knew where the enemy was going and had a lot of fun contesting caps. I was not always at the top of the scoreboard but providing as much information to my team helped us win. 74% WR after I finished. Third time getting it so i'm excited to the the Flint in my port. Thanks for reading. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,516 posts
17,789 battles

My experience wasn't as great as the T7 season, but it was still pretty good...  that said, it's still incredibly frustrating.

Flint's great you'll love her.  I'm one from Black now...

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
81 posts
4,774 battles

Congrats, Flint looks like a blast.  How many games did it take you?  I'm at R8 with Atago/Kutuzov and a 75% WR, but somehow seem to be stuck here.  I'm 32 games in and not sure I have the persistence.

• Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,049 posts
4,929 battles

That's interesting. I'm finding this season to be much more of a grind than S7 was. I just can't seem to break out of rank 4. 

• Cool 1

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
3,376 battles

For me, I can't get past Rank 10. But that is better than last season.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,963 posts
12,948 battles
1 hour ago, IvanPonomarev said:

This was by far the easiest season I have had. The entire time I played it was enjoyable.  I started late about 25 days to go and played consistently in the evening with the intention of ranking to the next level each day. The most stars I lost in a row were 2, and many times lost but no star gone. The rank 13-rank 6 I played 3 main ships. The Atago, Loyang, and the Kutuzov. Now you must be saying to yourself "oh premium ships" well at Rank 5 I ran the Edinburgh. Slot radar, extended hydro, and loaded a 19 point captain with RPF. Knew where the enemy was going and had a lot of fun contesting caps. I was not always at the top of the scoreboard but providing as much information to my team helped us win. 74% WR after I finished. Third time getting it so i'm excited to the the Flint in my port. Thanks for reading. 

Very jealous. 

So far, this season has been a grind. Took about 20 battles to get off rank 10 and about 50 battles to get through rank 6. 

I won't mention how many times I was fighting against you... :-p

20 more wins in a row and I will also get a Flint...

• Cool 1

Members
369 posts
12,164 battles
58 minutes ago, Paulbearer82 said:

Congrats, Flint looks like a blast.  How many games did it take you?  I'm at R8 with Atago/Kutuzov and a 75% WR, but somehow seem to be stuck here.  I'm 32 games in and not sure I have the persistence.

It took 124 games

Members
369 posts
12,164 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Very jealous. 

So far, this season has been a grind. Took about 20 battles to get off rank 10 and about 50 battles to get through rank 6. 

I won't mention how many times I was fighting against you... :-p

20 more wins in a row and I will also get a Flint...

Oh I saw you!!!! I'm sorry if I set you back any. You can always add me in game and play division with me. :D

• Cool 1

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts

More radars and big LY hydro made games a lot quicker. The 3 cap maps allowed more skilled players to flex rather than island/smoke camping. My win rate on Hotspot and Mountain range were a lot higher than on trident and north.

• Cool 1

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,289 battles

Wish I had the same experience. I made it to R5 within the first week. It took me about 215 games total to get to R2, which is fine with me- about the same as last season. But then I played on a saturday and fell back hard to the mid R4 rank. It took me 38 games that night to claw my way back up to R2. Then the next Sunday, I had the worst day and fell all the way back from R2 again to R6. Played 40ish games that night with a WR around 38%. By they time I got back to R2 again, it had taken me an additional 125 games since the first time I got there... Afraid to play on Saturday and Sunday again, I skipped that weekend and waited for Monday. Then I was blessed with 5 wins in a row. I hated this season of Ranked.

Edited by Ju87s
  • Cool 1