You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commando122

Meteor Over Michigan

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
14,816 posts
1,093 battles

Whoa! was wondering what that boom sound was... Literally shaked my whole house...

No damage has been reported though my guess is it must went over the Great Lakes It must have been a big one too people are saying it could be heard all across the state....

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,817 battles

I have seen 3 low level small fire balls falling from space. Not the way high in the sky short meteors you get to see during shower events. But low flying objects emitting blue and green flames. None of them have cracked the sound barrier but they were cool none the less. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

[SOUP]
Privateers, Supertester, Modder
8,486 posts

I'll call my friend in Florida, he's a meteor dealer and should have more info on this, was this tonight?

Beta Testers
14,816 posts
1,093 battles
44 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I'll call my friend in Florida, he's a meteor dealer and should have more info on this, was this tonight?

Yeah happened around 9 or 10 PM EST....

[WOLF2]
Members
445 posts
15,345 battles

2.0 earthquake about five miles west-southwest of New Haven, Michigan caused by the meteor. I imagine there a lot of people looking for it.

At the high end of the pricing scale are unusual types such as the diogenite Tatahouine (fell June 27, 1931, Foum Tatahouine, Tunisia). A prime specimen will easily fetch $50/gram while rare examples of lunar and Martian meteorites may sell for $1,000/gram or more — almost forty times the current price of gold!
https://geology.com/meteorites/value-of-meteorites.shtml

[SOUP]
Privateers, Supertester, Modder
8,486 posts

Fragments have started being recovered, I'll let you know when they're on the market~

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

Wow, this is awesome. I've seen some videos of it on Youtube, pretty impressive. I probably would have been a bit freaked out, haha.