Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lampshade_M1A2

First ship from a container

6 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Members
3,321 posts
6,410 battles

Well it finally happened. In one of the Christmas containers from the Duke of York campaign missions I got the French cruiser Comte de Grasse.

It's nice actually getting a ship for once from a box but I've got to say it isn't horribly interesting to me. Maybe if it came in the configuration it was actually completed in with all of those 5"/54 caliber guns. But as it is now it sorta blends in with all of the tech tree ships with nine 6" guns. I've got to admit the Italian premium light cruisers look more interesting.

I'll see how it actually plays later. I'm guessing it's very similar to the French tech tree T6 cruiser versus the unarmored (but hilariously fast) T5.

[SSBN]
Members
344 posts
7,009 battles

I’ll second the unarmoured but hilariously fast Emile.  Such a troll bote.

[B-Z]
Members
1,670 posts
16,060 battles

Dont write this ship off yet. Mid tier cruisers are my jam, and the De Grasse is my current favourite. It shines with a 14 point captain with IFHE and is both useful to your team and fun as heck to play. 

[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

French cruisers in general can be an acquired taste, but I found them to be a lot of fun and if it weren't for the fact that I don't play T6 as much anymore I would play the de Grasse a lot.

[PVE]
Members
9,711 posts
17,411 battles
7 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Well it finally happened. In one of the Christmas containers from the Duke of York campaign missions I got the French cruiser Comte de Grasse.

It's nice actually getting a ship for once from a box but I've got to say it isn't horribly interesting to me. Maybe if it came in the configuration it was actually completed in with all of those 5"/54 caliber guns. But as it is now it sorta blends in with all of the tech tree ships with nine 6" guns. I've got to admit the Italian premium light cruisers look more interesting.

I'll see how it actually plays later. I'm guessing it's very similar to the French tech tree T6 cruiser versus the unarmored (but hilariously fast) T5.

De Grasse is a bit better than the La Galissonniere

Sign in to follow this