You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SaltyRat

Sad MM!

10 comments in this topic

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,880 battles

It seems very clear that the developers did not put much effort into creating the matchmaker! Playing ranked today and in three games (so far) I have been met with the opposing team having 3 and 4 radar ships while the team I was on had none! Ranked game play is hard enough with so much incompetence, and to have the matchmaker show zero effort when setting up the teams it makes it a complete waste of time to even try! I am calling this a bug and hope that the developers will actually put some thought and effort into setting up the way in which MM decides on what ship is on what team! Seems the only factors that were established here was ship type and tier, the rest is left to the luck of the draw!

Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles

I don't play ranked.  Know nothing about it other than players hating on it.  What is the issue?  Why play it if ya hate it.. educate me. Pls

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,153 battles
22 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

It seems very clear that the developers did not put much effort into creating the matchmaker! Playing ranked today and in three games (so far) I have been met with the opposing team having 3 and 4 radar ships while the team I was on had none! Ranked game play is hard enough with so much incompetence, and to have the matchmaker show zero effort when setting up the teams it makes it a complete waste of time to even try! I am calling this a bug and hope that the developers will actually put some thought and effort into setting up the way in which MM decides on what ship is on what team! Seems the only factors that were established here was

ship type and tier, the rest is left to the luck of the draw!

Hmm, Captain Ghostdog an crew read post. Disapprove of post. Captains know what ranked is like. Captains should not whine about MM, RNG devs etc. Especially with 8000+ battles. There is no whining in ranked. Go in and fight. Gripe in coop about Bots.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pid

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,880 battles

Did I say I hated it? No I didnt, did you not read anything I wrote dmckay or are you just here to flame? I think I was very clear with what my issue was but for sake of arguing with you let me see if I can clear it up for you. When matchmaker makes the team lineup and it puts all of the radar ships on one side when there is zero reason why it cant balance it between the two since this is ranked and all the ships are the same tier. Putting an Alabama, a Des Moine and two Chapayev's on one side while the other side does not get a single ship with radar is ridiculous. 

As far as your comment Ghostdog, I got nothing! Fully expected fanboy replies when I posted this and if you think it is just complaining then you have no clue what I am talking about! Its called balance and this is a problem because it shows a complete lack of even trying to balance the game! I put up with a lot of crap in this game and dont complain about it but this is just downright wrong and I did not come here to post this to read some fanboy rhetoric, so feel free to go flame somewhere else!

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,153 battles
5 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

Did I say I hated it? No I didnt, did you not read anything I wrote dmckay or are you just here to flame? I think I was very clear with what my issue was but for sake of arguing with you let me see if I can clear it up for you. When matchmaker makes the team lineup and it puts all of the radar ships on one side when there is zero reason why it cant balance it between the two since this is ranked and all the ships are the same tier. Putting an Alabama, a Des Moine and two Chapayev's on one side while the other side does not get a single ship with radar is ridiculous. 

As far as your comment Ghostdog, I got nothing! Fully expected fanboy replies when I posted this and if you think it is just complaining then you have no clue what I am talking about! Its called balance and this is a problem because it shows a complete lack of even trying to balance the game! I put up with a lot of crap in this game and dont complain about it but this is just downright wrong and I did not come here to post this to read some fanboy rhetoric, so feel free to go flame somewhere else!

Duly Noted. Good Luck Sir.

[USAGI]
Members
146 posts
2,619 battles

Sadly, I suspect that this thread, like many others, will go unnoticed by the developers and administrators here. It seems the staff is set on ignoring issues with the game as a whole. The forum for us iMac users hasn't seen an official from Wargaming make any kind of response since August 14th, 2017, and attmepts to bring attention to that fact to the staff have been met with removals of posts and general apathy towards us. I hope you are successful, however I am not optimistic on your chances. Probably not the thing you wanted to hear, but I feel you must be prepared for administrative apathy...

[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,666 battles
2 hours ago, SaltyRat said:

Seems the only factors that were established here was ship type and tier, the rest is left to the luck of the draw!

Working as intended comrade...each nation has it's little gimmicks & radar is just 1 of them. French get boost, Brits get smoke, Germans get enhanced hydro, some get torps some get planes & others get radar. Sucks when all the radar gets put against you but the tricks of your allies ships have their benefits too so it is balanced. Radar is not that OP...only lasts a short while & as long as you don't jump right out at the start & wait until the radar ships have been spotted you can usually avoid it & as most radar ships don't even get torps (RU 4kms aren't even worth mentioning & if a Brit takes it they need to be pretty unicum to survive long in those glassy things w/out the smoke) it's pretty easy to concentrate on them & get rid of them.

If you are a DD main just remember that getting the cap last is better than getting the cap 1st...let them have it until the radar runs out & just torp into that smoke the radar is hiding in.

I know that Missouri has radar but I wasn't aware that the Alabama did...are you sure on that (IDK 1 way or the other...just trying to clarify)

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,880 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 9:00 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Working as intended comrade...each nation has it's little gimmicks & radar is just 1 of them. French get boost, Brits get smoke, Germans get enhanced hydro, some get torps some get planes & others get radar. Sucks when all the radar gets put against you but the tricks of your allies ships have their benefits too so it is balanced. Radar is not that OP...only lasts a short while & as long as you don't jump right out at the start & wait until the radar ships have been spotted you can usually avoid it & as most radar ships don't even get torps (RU 4kms aren't even worth mentioning & if a Brit takes it they need to be pretty unicum to survive long in those glassy things w/out the smoke) it's pretty easy to concentrate on them & get rid of them.

If you are a DD main just remember that getting the cap last is better than getting the cap 1st...let them have it until the radar runs out & just torp into that smoke the radar is hiding in.

I know that Missouri has radar but I wasn't aware that the Alabama did...are you sure on that (IDK 1 way or the other...just trying to clarify)

WOW, totally missed the whole idea of the post. Is it really that hard to absorb and understand. apparently it is!

[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,666 battles
4 hours ago, SaltyRat said:

WOW, totally missed the whole idea of the post. Is it really that hard to absorb and understand. apparently it is!

Sorry...there was another radar rant up at same time & the OP in that 1 mentioned having a Missouri & Alabama (in random instead of ranked obviously...which means I sent my ranked reply to him...oops)w/radar on the opposing team & I must have replied to your radar rant at same time & got the replies mixed up.

I don't consider radar that OP anymore. I used to...but then I started winning against teams w/radar advantages (& losing on teams w/radar advantages...& being on teams w/radar advantage happens just as often as the other way around) & realized radar advantage isn't a guaranteed win. I did notice that once I stopped assuming I was gonna lose every time in that scenario I stopped losing every time. It is definitely a state of mind that is hard to overcome...especially when everybody on your team starts chatting like you've lost from the beginning.

I only ran Mogami in ranked this season & had a 99:65 record (with over 20 pushes) from rank 17 to 1 star away from ranking out (ended up slipping back down to rank 4 & only getting back to rank 3 by end...but that wasn't due to a radar disadvantage as much as staying up all night pushing to get back after dropping & getting majorly bent about it...but Mogami held it's own against all the radar in ranked pretty well (15 barrels of fire breathing madness w/10 second reload before Adrenalin Rush kicks in).

Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

Man the amount of people that complain about the most simplest things to avoid is ridiculous.... im assuming your the dd that goes straight to the point and once detected pop smoke and hope you capture the point and avoid torps... I'm the radar that KNOWS 8/10 dds do this and I wait for it and put a full salvo into them before they even start moving again... 9k battles and seems like you don't learn from mistakes or know how to counter other ships besides complain about it... I play strictly cruisers should I cry and demand bbs to not be able to citadel me from dumb angles??? Nope it happens... life isn't fair and either is this game.