You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

Worst 16 days ever !

20 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,747 posts
16,273 battles

For the whole New Year I have played 12 hours...

Between 2 colds, an intestinal bug and work, I have been feeling so bad I have hardly played.

I hit the 4th DOY challenges and realized I couldn't get her for free. So I bought her.

I tried the campaign and managed a free New Mexico...

Those who know me, realise I really must be near death...

I average 5 hours a day playing when I work and 12 on my 2 off days.

The campaigns had me stoked, a goal to play towards and free ships...

Alas, I see tomorrow is patch day and I realise that I won't have a chance to finish the campaigns....

I'm as sad as I was when I was 1 pearl short on Kamikaze R.

Members
1,271 posts
3,615 battles
4 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Alas, I see tomorrow is patch day and I realise that I won't have a chance to finish the campaigns....

Not to worry, with the patch will come a two day extension to Friday.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,139 battles
7 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Between 2 colds, an intestinal bug and work, I have been feeling so bad I have hardly played.

I hit the 4th DOY challenges and realized I couldn't get her for free. So I bought her.

Ghostdog and officers feel you Captain Desturbed. Lost many good crew members the last few days. Training up new litters from the pounds we raided on our last shore raid. Keep sailing Sir and good hunting.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pidth?id=OIP.pJpkZ-Q1FnK-QT6a12TyEQHaEK&pid

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles

I tried playing while I had acute bronchitis once. Don't try it, it's hard. Couldn't focus. I have to be comfortable to play WoWs otherwise it just throws me off.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
980 posts
11,937 battles

9 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Ghostdog and officers feel you Captain Desturbed. Lost many good crew members the last few days. Training up new litters from the pounds we raided on our last shore raid. Keep sailing Sir and good hunting.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pidth?id=OIP.pJpkZ-Q1FnK-QT6a12TyEQHaEK&pid

This is why I come to the forums...

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,139 battles
5 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

This is why I come to the forums...

Commander Skip, Chief Butkuss and Captain Ghostdog understand Sir.

th?id=OIP._KEDqVEX4Ci8HSVVDwYqCwHaHa&pidth?id=OIP.4Px27bF_4ACF5J1ZtxVotAHaFH&pidth?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pid

[ONE]
Members
639 posts
10,645 battles

Co-op is good for some parts of those missions. Easy to get a DD or BB kill and win in co-op than random, regardless of what tiers you want to play.

Members
614 posts
5,529 battles

In the end the free ship is just pixels on a screen. I was annoyed when I missed Graf Spee, but if history is anything to go by there will be more campaigns like this in future.

You're better resting and getting well again.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
13 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

So. . .

If you were an alpha and beta tester. . . and you play that much. . . why is your game count so low?

I was in Beta. . . and I only play a few hours a week. . . but I have about 40% of your battle count.  Shouldn't you have like 10x my battle count?

[WOLFG]
Members
228 posts
7,680 battles

Sucks to be that sick. Hope you're better.  And the main reason why I stick around playing WoWs is because of the campaigns for free ships.  And as others have stated, the campaigns have been extended until Friday.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

As others have said, there should be a campaign extension with this patch? Having the DOY will make completing the collection easier. The NY raid campaign is pretty straight forward and downright easy if you have the MO and Gamescom Camo / Special flags. At any rate, feel better and soldier on.

Members
23,589 posts
5,963 battles
14 hours ago, goldeagle1123 said:

I tried playing while I had acute bronchitis once. Don't try it, it's hard. Couldn't focus. I have to be comfortable to play WoWs otherwise it just throws me off.

Yep, when I'm sick, I leave the Poang chair in the corner, lay on the couch, (after dragging the bar fridge  stocked with Gatorade over, it's on an extension cord) and play Hearts of Iron 3 on the big screen TV.

I can play for a bit, pause and snooze, play, pause, and so on. (also handy is that it's the rec room, so the bathroom is closer to my head than my feet are lol)

I can't just lay there and be sick, have to be doing something.:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Yep, when I'm sick, I leave the Poang chair in the corner, lay on the couch, (after dragging the bar fridge  stocked with Gatorade over, it's on an extension cord) and play Hearts of Iron 3 on the big screen TV.

I can play for a bit, pause and snooze, play, pause, and so on. (also handy is that it's the rec room, so the bathroom is closer to my head than my feet are lol)

I can't just lay there and be sick, have to be doing something.:Smile_smile:

I play old games when I'm sick. RTS, like Stronghold Crusader. Used to Panzer General 2, but it won't run on any operating system past like 2002.

• Cool 1

Members
23,589 posts
5,963 battles
1 hour ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Used to Panzer General 2, but it won't run on any operating system past like 2002.

Have you looked into Panzerkorps?

Basically a reboot of Panzer General 1 & 2 combined. The base game is the PG1 campaign tree, but you can buy (relatively cheap) DLC that expands each theatre into its own campaign, letting you take your core army through each one in series.

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
4 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Have you looked into Panzerkorps?

Basically a reboot of Panzer General 1 & 2 combined. The base game is the PG1 campaign tree, but you can buy (relatively cheap) DLC that expands each theatre into its own campaign, letting you take your core army through each one in series.

I haven't. Is it on Steam? Sounds interesting.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,747 posts
16,273 battles
11 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

So. . .

If you were an alpha and beta tester. . . and you play that much. . . why is your game count so low?

I was in Beta. . . and I only play a few hours a week. . . but I have about 40% of your battle count.  Shouldn't you have like 10x my battle count?

I have almost 8k battles including co-op.

Beta battles don' count, nor do clan and ranked.

I believe scenarios don' count either.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,747 posts
16,273 battles

Thanks all for the encouraging words.

Played some this a.m., but tonight felt like crap.

At least my win rate went up to 49%.