You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

Patch 7.0 tomorrow.

22 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,880 posts
10,447 battles

There's a patch tomorrow?? How would I have figured that out without yet another thread and announcement? 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 9

[FORM]
Members
348 posts
6,845 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

There's a patch tomorrow?? How would I have figured that out without yet another thread and announcement? 

Always has to be one commenter who has to be a four year old. Guess that was you. 

Now as far as the patch. I like the stuff coming, but i agree there could be some salt over emblems. 

Edited by Scrapyard_
  • Cool 5
  • Bad 3

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,219 posts
11,896 battles
14 minutes ago, Scrapyard_ said:

Always has to be one commenter who has to be a four year old. Guess that was you. 

So there always has to be that one guy who ignores the fact that good threads get CONSTANTLY pushed from the main page in favor of these insipid re-posts from the front page of the main website.

PSA to OP, use the "Search" function to see if this has already been posted - in this case no less than 12 times today so far.  Inflate your post count by adding actual valuable content to the forum - thanks!

• Cool 3
  • Bad 5

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

So there always has to be that one guy who ignores the fact that good interesting threads get CONSTANTLY pushed from the main page in favor of these insipid re-posts from the front page of the main website.

PSA to OP, use the "Search" function to see if this has already been posted - in this case no less than 12 times today so far.  Inflate your post count by adding actual valuable content to the forum - thanks!

I understand you but fixed it

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[5BS]
Members
5,930 posts

If you are smart, you will run the most basic patch/emblem, as in, the one requiring the worst stats. The reason being that anyone can see it before the match and I know that *I* will target those with the nicest emblems first, as they are the most dangerous.

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,380 battles

^^ makes me wonder if hiding my stats will take care of that lol

[5BS]
Members
5,930 posts
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

^^ makes me wonder if hiding my stats will take care of that lol

It's why I hide mine; they are just good enough that someone seeing in-game would likely want to kill me first (and I already get targeted by 1/2 the enemy often enough).

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It's why I hide mine; they are just good enough that someone seeing in-game would likely want to kill me first (and I already get targeted by 1/2 the enemy often enough).

This ^^^^^^^

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,380 battles
4 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

The main reason I want to hide mine is that I check them too much.  Perhaps if I don't look at them, I'll be less frustrated with losses.

[5BS]
Members
5,930 posts
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

The main reason I want to hide mine is that I check them too much.  Perhaps if I don't look at them, I'll be less frustrated with losses.

It's less my win rate that I wouldn't want others to see, but my average damage; it's abnormally high and high enough I would kill me first. And those emblems seem more based on that, average damage, than anything else. So they would work against me moreso than maybe others with just inflated WinRates due to divisions.

Edited by _RC1138

[WOLF6]
Members
2,380 posts
5,128 battles

I messed with these on the PTS - I don't think you have to use an emblem, and the patch doesn't disclose anything about you.

[PRNA]
Beta Testers
625 posts

I'm very happy about the coming anime collection, and I like the emblems and patches bit, adds some personalization. Also I'm interested in the new changes to Co-op mode, I don't play it much, but I like it for learning new ships, and it'd be nice to see some variety in those battles.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,219 posts
11,896 battles

Bad and Average players try to kill good players first instead of what they should do, kill the easiest to kill player first.

Reduce the number of gun barrels facing you to increase your chance of winning, This is hard to do with good players, they have abnormally high survivability numbers, which correlates to them escaping from people trying to erase them early.  A good player might be worth 1.5 ships in a pack of 5, but reduce 3 of those and he is not the same force multiplier.  Good players are very good at using bad players as shields and trip wires, so instead of ignoring the two yolo bois sailing broadside to you, sink them and THEN make the good player exchange damage with you.  He will  be better at it than you many times, but if you have 5 ships to his 2, you will still take him down.  If you start trading health with him while he is in a pack of 5, when he doesn't like the exchange anymore, he will drop back and go dark, leaving you maimed and focused down by the other 4 ships - your net gain is zero.

Focusing good players is like pop psychology, it makes sense in a vague and generalistic way, but as is often the case with pop culture, not the most effective path.  Kill the easy baddies first, then start whittling down the better players with superior numbers.

[TDG]
Members
1,575 posts
7,203 battles
55 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

If you are smart, you will run the most basic patch/emblem, as in, the one requiring the worst stats. The reason being that anyone can see it before the match and I know that *I* will target those with the nicest emblems first, as they are the most dangerous.

I remember a phrase from the original Elite game: "Treat them with respect.  Kill them quickly."

[TDG]
Members
1,575 posts
7,203 battles
3 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Bad and Average players try to kill good players first instead of what they should do, kill the easiest to kill player first.

Reduce the number of gun barrels facing you to increase your chance of winning, This is hard to do with good players, they have abnormally high survivability numbers, which correlates to them escaping from people trying to erase them early.  A good player might be worth 1.5 ships in a pack of 5, but reduce 3 of those and he is not the same force multiplier.  Good players are very good at using bad players as shields and trip wires, so instead of ignoring the two yolo bois sailing broadside to you, sink them and make the good player exchange damage with you.  He will  be better at it than you many times, but if you have 5 ships to his 2, you will still take him down.  If you start trading health with him while he is in a pack of 5, whne he doesn't like the exchange anymore, he will drop back and go dark, leaving you maimed and focused down by the other 4 ships - your net gain is zero.

Focusing good players is like pop psychology, it makes sense in a vague and generalistic way, but as is often the case with pop culture, not the most effective path.  Kill the easy baddies first, then start whittling down the better players with superior numbers.

I agree that you should eliminate as many guns as quickly as possible.

However, I will look for the more skilled as they are the most dangerous and they get the tie-breaker if I need to decide who to shoot first.

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,219 posts
11,896 battles
Just now, YeOldeTraveller said:

I agree that you should eliminate as many guns as quickly as possible.

However, I will look for the more skilled as they are the most dangerous and they get the tie-breaker if I need to decide who to shoot first.

If it's an easy kill shot, sure go ahead and finish off a member of OPG or 07 - BUT,  if you are both at full health, you will take more damage than you give if you try and force that engagement.  Time is better spent on someone that will turn full broadside to you WITHOUT counting until you have fired your main guns - the good players won't give you that freebie, and if they actually have to exchange with you, they will always have a better knowledge of your ships weak spots than you will of theirs.

Caveat Emptor

Members
1,001 posts
12,727 battles

hide your stats !   why do you think the red baron painted his plane RED !   to inspire the his side and strike fear in the enemy !

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

I just wish you could hide stats retroactively, instead of just hiding future stats. When I first started with the game, i hid my stats. Since then I've switched back and forth a few times, and they are currently not hidden.

If I could hide them and have all my stat history hidden, I would. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, people would still see the stats from when I didn't hide them... so unless you hide them from the start (and never undo it), it doesn't make sense to start hiding them.

[RKLES]
Members
8,686 posts
10,809 battles
3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

In WOWs and World of Tanks Blitz I took care of the stat targeting problem by letting my stats get tarnished by the learning process and by doing the stock grinds even through bad ships or tanks which ends up with stats that are ok, but don't draw too much attention to myself. Some people see through this later and I occasionally get offers to join some top clans that I have to politely turn down since a major clan tag would blow my cover. Or the unicum players will rage thinking they just got killed by an " inferior " player.

Then again if I end up with a Jolly Roger flag that might give some things away as well lol.

As far as patches go I may actually see if I can keep them disabled in my game for a while since with Wargaming I am sometimes suspicious of content like that causing lag or crashes until it's stabilized and my not jumping the gun on it might net me a good string of victories as opposed to those crashing using the badges...