Update 0.7.0 - Bug Reporting

77 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles

Greetings Captains!

Update 0.7.0 is here. 

Have you noticed any issues in the game with the new update? Please let us know here.

Remember, if you are having issues or game crashes and you have mods installed, please uninstall them and try again. On top of that, we have a handy WG Check Tool to help out, so please check that out here:

If possible, please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports. These reports would help our development team to identify the issue and resolve it in a timely manner. 

You can also check out my little guide on how to report a bug here: 

[YEET]
Members
55 posts
4,605 battles

ARP Takao's Model hasn't been fixed. Imperial Chrysanthemum still is on there.  It was not part of the original model and was not there until a recent update. (Image attached marks the error with a red ring)  You can see the original model without the error on the game wiki Image Here and even your promotional art for the collaboration [Link] shows that Takao isn't supposed to have it.

Arpeggio / High School Fleet Voices even with the work around do NOT work with National Voiceover Modification set. This again used to work but broke a few updates ago and no updates have been given on the progress of a fix outside giving the aforementioned workaround.

With the second phase of the High School Fleet Collaboration I'd think you'd have wanted to at least fix their voice set considering that's going to get a lot of buzz to buy their ships and have people excited for the event.

visual aid.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Looks like the individual WoWS account management page on wargaming.net is broken.  I usually start there and go to news forum etc.  Nice picture of a BB in drydock though "Our warship is undergoing repairs".

It's back up now.

Edited by surratus

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,961 posts
10,459 battles

When you come back from battle the chat windows snap down to the lower left and won't stay where you have put them.

[PLPTS]
Members
768 posts
14,208 battles

looks like the post-match mission results are not updating properly. They show the pre-match status, not the updated post-match values. Post match shows 8/10 fires, but mission display shows all 10 fires completed.

Postmatchdisplay.jpg

Actual.jpg

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles
6 minutes ago, Jenska said:

looks like the post-match mission results are not updating properly. They show the pre-match status, not the updated post-match values. Post match shows 8/10 fires, but mission display shows all 10 fires completed.

Postmatchdisplay.jpg

Actual.jpg

Was that after the first battle of the day? It could count progress from previous battles.

[PLPTS]
Members
768 posts
14,208 battles

2 minutes ago, _irony_ said:

Was that after the first battle of the day? It could count progress from previous battles.

nope, mid-day, first segments of some of them were already done. Before the update, the post match results were just that, the post-match results. Now they are not(they don't show the progress from this match).

[000]
Alpha Tester
61 posts
2,037 battles

Game center updated WoWs that when it went to update it's self it crashed and would not install, I have tried to download game center and it tells me that I do not have permission or disc space, both are wrong. And seeing that you can not play any unless you have the Game Center I can not play. I have re-booted 2X downloaded the GC and it will not install. I ran the public test without any issues before today.

FYI, There is no "Check tool" like in the post is cut off and a search comes up with nothing.

OK, I found the tool, running now

[SW]
[SW]
Members
134 posts
18,769 battles

The progress on the three patches has disappeared and now shows no progress on two of them and some progress on another.  This only happened after the "old" mission/challenges reappeared for the humpteenth time.  

I had already finished and received some off the 1st stage of the first two shown below.  

shot-18.01.17_16.18.54-0649.jpg

shot-18.01.17_16.24.21-0348.jpg

Edited by Grampy2015

[MORSV]
Members
117 posts

The new update is great.  I crashed more today than I did for the entire previous update.  Good job devs.  Keep it up and you might even succeed in making this game as bad as World of Tanks.

[WSU]
Members
154 posts
7,792 battles

First game after update...

Match results page locks up showing nothing just after red team capped base.

Will uninstall WoWS mods and try again.

BadDisplay.jpg

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles
1 hour ago, Cowardly_Lion said:

The new update is great.  I crashed more today than I did for the entire previous update.  Good job devs.  Keep it up and you might even succeed in making this game as bad as World of Tanks.

Sorry to hear that. This thread is more for collecting bugs and technical issues. If you'd provide us your WGCheck tool report that would be perfect. There can be plenty of reasons that may cause crashing and if there's anything that can be fixed on the development side I'll make sure that they'd get that information. 

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles
1 hour ago, permanentnoob said:

First game after update...

Match results page locks up showing nothing just after red team capped base.

Will uninstall WoWS mods and try again.

BadDisplay.jpg

Thanks for the report. Let us know if you have any issues with no mods. Quick tip, you can check your client without removing mods. You just need to start the game client in safe mode. You might find instructions on how to do it here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/750 Sorry it's for tanks but the idea is the same. 

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles
1 hour ago, Grampy2015 said:

The progress on the three patches has disappeared and now shows no progress on two of them and some progress on another.  This only happened after the "old" mission/challenges reappeared for the humpteenth time.  

I had already finished and received some off the 1st stage of the first two shown below.  

shot-18.01.17_16.18.54-0649.jpg

shot-18.01.17_16.24.21-0348.jpg

Thank you for your report. Coming from the previous similar cases, that might be just a visual error. I'll try to keep an eye and report to devs if there any other cases. 

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles
4 hours ago, Mottlee4 said:

Game center updated WoWs that when it went to update it's self it crashed and would not install, I have tried to download game center and it tells me that I do not have permission or disc space, both are wrong. And seeing that you can not play any unless you have the Game Center I can not play. I have re-booted 2X downloaded the GC and it will not install. I ran the public test without any issues before today.

FYI, There is no "Check tool" like in the post is cut off and a search comes up with nothing.

OK, I found the tool, running now

There was WGC update last night. Can you try uninstalling and clean installing it from here?: 

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/wgc_release/

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles
9 hours ago, Zelinko said:

ARP Takao's Model hasn't been fixed. Imperial Chrysanthemum still is on there.  It was not part of the original model and was not there until a recent update. (Image attached marks the error with a red ring)  You can see the original model without the error on the game wiki Image Here and even your promotional art for the collaboration [Link] shows that Takao isn't supposed to have it.

Arpeggio / High School Fleet Voices even with the work around do NOT work with National Voiceover Modification set. This again used to work but broke a few updates ago and no updates have been given on the progress of a fix outside giving the aforementioned workaround.

With the second phase of the High School Fleet Collaboration I'd think you'd have wanted to at least fix their voice set considering that's going to get a lot of buzz to buy their ships and have people excited for the event.

visual aid.jpg

Have you tried using Standart voiceover set? I just test it in the game and once you're using Arpeggio or HSF Captains, you get proper voiceover. I've tested this for Takao so far so you can test it for your self. 

As for the Imperial Chrysanthemum on Takao, I'll make it to my report and make sure that developers notice this issue. 

[WGA]
Developers
91 posts
5,782 battles

Thank you all for reports. Keep them flowing. I'll make sure that all of them being communicated to the development team.

[YEET]
Members
55 posts
4,605 battles
19 minutes ago, _irony_ said:

Have you tried using Standart voiceover set? I just test it in the game and once you're using Arpeggio or HSF Captains, you get proper voiceover. I've tested this for Takao so far so you can test it for your self. 

As for the Imperial Chrysanthemum on Takao, I'll make it to my report and make sure that developers notice this issue. 

The fix mentioned  gets Standard Voiceover to work for any HSF/Arpeggio captain, But I was running National Voiceover since before the ARP Captains and they had their voices working until a the update that resulted in having to make the workaround exist. 

I like the flavor of running National Voiceovers but the fact that it breaks the ARP/HSF captains and makes me have to keep going back to the menu and change back to Standard before any match I use a HSF/ARP ship in and that's just really annoying.

• Cool 2

Members
4 posts
4,438 battles

My Warspite's is blacked out and crashes the game when you try to play it. Also I had the countdown timer freeze on me so I couldn't do anything during the match other than watch my ship sail out of the view of the camera

[BLC]
Members
79 posts
5,786 battles

might not be a bug but Musashi has 50mm of armor on her smoke stack (Yamato has 16mm as per the rest of the stuperstructure) seems dumb?

shot-18.01.18_00.53.12-0895.jpg?width=92