You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kildayil

Kurfurst Detonation?

23 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
7,374 battles

So, I just got my Kurfurst yesterday. Enjoying her so far. however, in the span of 4 matches today, I got detonated, TWICE.  Both times, beginning of match, seemingly no big deal torps heading for me. I try to dodge the full spread, take a torp each time.  Once it hit in the bow area, the other was in the stern area. Both times, from 3/4 + health, detonated. Is this a normal phenomenon in the Kurf?   I cannot remember the last time I was detonated in a BB, let alone twice in the span of 4 games. 

Obviously, you can run det flags, and not worry about it, but is that really necessary in this ship? Or did I just somehow piss off RNG?!

[S0L0]
Members
279 posts
6,166 battles

sounds like really BAD RNG,  try playing it again later. :)

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,154 posts
10,123 battles

It's not normal, just bad luck. As you play the GK you will notice that torps are your worst enemy and will inflict the most damage to you so I recommend you equip your ship with anything available to spot them ASAP.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,403 posts
4,550 battles

ya sound like really unlucky rng. I think I only been detonated like twice in all of my time playing my Furry Kurfurst

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,965 posts
10,459 battles

RNGesus is mad at you, sacrifice more virgins.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,647 battles

Yeah that's just bad luck, FWIW you're really not very likely to get a detonation from a torpedo unless it hits you right at the edge of the belt near the front of the magazine.  In general it's best to try to take torpedo hits in the middle of your armour belt, both to avoid this and also to ensure the maximum damage reduction from your torpedo protection system.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
992 posts
11,089 battles

Bad luck with a bit of too aggressive play perhaps. I'd re-evaluate your early positioning if you are taking torpedo hits that often in the early game. Having said that, if you can't avoid a torpedo then try to take the hit at the extreme end of the bow/stern or amidship. You want to put the torpedo hit as far away  from your magazine as possible to minimize the chance for a detonation

[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,714 battles

My conquror also detonate by 1hit freaking miraculously ridiculously in just 2 minute battle start. Very fracking shamelessly recently happen.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,230 posts
9,756 battles

It just mean you should stop playing your BB and play something else :3

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,763 posts
8,291 battles
2 hours ago, Kildayil said:

Obviously, you can run det flags, and not worry about it, but is that really necessary in this ship? Or did I just somehow piss off RNG?!

You pissed off RNGesus.  Your chance for detonation per fish that struck near your turrets was about 1% to 2%.  Congrabulations.  You won the esplosion-lottery.

• Funny 1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I saw this thread and it made me really consider how...when every you microwave a hot-dog or breakfast sausage...you know how it explodes?  I think from now on I'm calling that a "Kurfurst Detonation".

Members
688 posts
832 battles
10 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

You pissed off RNGesus.  Your chance for detonation per fish that struck near your turrets was about 1% to 2%.  Congratulations.  You won the explosion-lottery.

Wish I could win the crate-lottery :(

Also, Fix'd

Edited by RealNewDeal

[CAST]
Members
1,444 posts
7,924 battles

I think this is a "Welcome to the Kurfurst" present, just to keep you honest.  Have some flags.  Same thing happened to me when I got my FDG.  First few matches, and I got detonated twice.  Its just bad RNG.

Members
4,144 posts
6,876 battles

Any ship can be detonated - even a Bismark with a torp at juuuuust the right spot under a turret.  Still don't run anti-det flags on any BB.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,060 posts
16,404 battles

The only times I have ever seen BBs in WoWS detonate are from ship launched torpedo hits.  It's happened even to a division buddy in his Montana at the start of the match.  Not even air dropped torps do that.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,998 posts
4,848 battles

My Ginny got torped and detonated once...rando crap...hasn't happened since.

That strange SS occult magic seems to be a thing in this game.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,353 posts
8 hours ago, Kildayil said:

So, I just got my Kurfurst yesterday. Enjoying her so far. however, in the span of 4 matches today, I got detonated, TWICE.  Both times, beginning of match, seemingly no big deal torps heading for me. I try to dodge the full spread, take a torp each time.  Once it hit in the bow area, the other was in the stern area. Both times, from 3/4 + health, detonated. Is this a normal phenomenon in the Kurf?   I cannot remember the last time I was detonated in a BB, let alone twice in the span of 4 games. 

Your match was taking too long so WG decided you were done. Hope you didn't pay for premium account time.

[INTEL]
Members
9,519 posts
27,145 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The only times I have ever seen BBs in WoWS detonate are from ship launched torpedo hits.  It's happened even to a division buddy in his Montana at the start of the match.  Not even air dropped torps do that.

Air dropped torps will det BBs no problem. Seen it several times.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,060 posts
16,404 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Air dropped torps will det BBs no problem. Seen it several times.

Never seen that happen, not even in the CV heyday at launch where they were played a lot more with no restrictions on them, and even Midway at her full power.  Even during the days of Hiryu, Shokaku having 0/3/3 Strike Specs, I've never seen them detonate BBs.  But DD torps detonating a BB?  Yes, but rare.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,403 posts
4,550 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Never seen that happen, not even in the CV heyday at launch where they were played a lot more with no restrictions on them, and even Midway at her full power.  Even during the days of Hiryu, Shokaku having 0/3/3 Strike Specs, I've never seen them detonate BBs.  But DD torps detonating a BB?  Yes, but rare.

I have done it few times myself with tropedos bombers.  Heck,  i have done it with he dive bombers on dds,  it do happens.