You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya

24 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Used to be amazing now seems nerfed to death.

No longer turns in any form.

Turrets now slower than olde warspite.

Loved the ship what happened?

I cant fight for cap vs dds anymore.

Cost a fortune also shame.

Did it get a very heavy nerf bat?

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,323 posts
15,043 battles

Wasn't nerfed in any way, shape or form. Again, PEBKAC.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[HINON]
Supertester
21,323 posts
15,043 battles
7 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Maybe a ninja nerf or 2 hidden away?

Nope.

Would've been datamined and all over the forum by now if it was. Even then, it's not overperforming, so why would they nerf it?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,278 battles
5 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

No. WoWs is perhaps one of the most heavily data-mined games I've ever played. Any changes to a mechanics or ships are typically seen a mile away, often even before they're announced in any way, shape, or form. So, I can say with 100% certainty that if a ship were quietly nerfed, we would all know about it very quickly. 

OR hasn't been nerfed. She is the exact same ship which came out months ago. Maybe you're just having some bad luck with her. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
1 minute ago, RivertheRoyal said:

No. WoWs is perhaps one of the most heavily data-mined games I've ever played. Any changes to a mechanics or ships are typically seen a mile away, often even before they're announced in any way, shape, or form. So, I can say with 100% certainty that if a ship were quietly nerfed, we would all know about it very quickly. 

OR hasn't been nerfed. She is the exact same ship which came out months ago. Maybe you're just having some bad luck with her. 

Thats true the weather has been bad here.

2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nope.

Would've been datamined and all over the forum by now if it was. Even then, it's not overperforming, so why would they nerf it?

Ok thanks buddy.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,184 posts

Don't know, don't play it...

But do people really believe that datamining can uncover every change WG makes? Do people really believe they have access to all the variables?:cap_hmm:

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Don't know, don't play it...

But do people really believe that datamining can uncover every change WG makes? Do people really believe they have access to all the variables?:cap_hmm:

These people are misguided i just laugh.

Obviously they cannot find all the data its server side.

http://i5gUFsJ.jpg

[HINON]
Supertester
21,323 posts
15,043 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

But do people really believe that datamining can uncover every change WG makes?

Things like turning circle and turret traverse, which OP specifically mentioned? Yeah. That's easy.

WoWS Community Contributors
309 posts

There have literally been zero changes made to this ship since it was released.

[REVY]
Members
1,520 posts
9,574 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, abyssofthetriffid said:

Used to be amazing now seems nerfed to death.

No longer turns in any form.

Turrets now slower than olde warspite.

Loved the ship what happened?

I cant fight for cap vs dds anymore.

Cost a fortune also shame.

Did it get a very heavy nerf bat?

You're talking about a ship that has been out for several months now. Given how often it was seen when it first appeared, alot of poeple got to see it in action and fight against it. Eventually people learn how to deal with the ship and lost the fear of the 'new unknown ship'.

BTW: i don't think that BB was ever good at fighting DDs.

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 11:22 PM, abyssofthetriffid said:

Nope. It's always been like that (slow crap with slow turret rotation and slow reload and poopy armor).

[DOG]
Members
675 posts
8,181 battles

Maybe it's the other way around.  OR didn't get nerfed, but got left behind by not getting buffed, when a lot of ships it will see in battle did?  Also a lot of new ships introduced the past 8-10 months.  And some changes to game mechanics.  So maybe it feels nerfed relative to it's new environment?  A wolf is a dangerous animal in it's own territory.  But if it gets thrown in a cage with a tiger...

Edited by zubalkabir

Members
25 posts
2,180 battles

I just recently won her with a 10pt Cpt from a Super Container, thanks WoWs!  Only a few battles so far, but I can see you need to be patient because she is slow as heck. But if you line up your targets right, the hits she gives are huge.  Also seems to take on a ton of damage without blinking an eye.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,533 posts
4,281 battles

I had a match in it recently where I got 3 devstrikes in the very same battle. If it was nerfed, I don't know about, and I'm sure the red team is happy their inglorious defeat wasn't more savage.

[RST]
Members
181 posts
19,127 battles
On 6/24/2018 at 9:25 AM, Sledgehammer427 said:

I had a match in it recently where I got 3 devstrikes in the very same battle. If it was nerfed, I don't know about, and I'm sure the red team is happy their inglorious defeat wasn't more savage.

About the same...Though when the other team ships goes broadside you have to take advantage of it.

Members
152 posts
9,683 battles

It's not too bad but is much more enjoyable in a co-op.  I needed a ship from USSR to earn 4M credits and so got this one from the Arsenal. 

Guns aren't bad for T5, good AA, speed is slow but it's not the only slow T5 BB, Turret speed and reload speed for T5 seems ok.  In a random battle it's tough, a lot of ships, most other BBs are better.  You don't lose on this ship credit wise so I have no problems with her.  Scatter is unpredictable, can't hit the broadside of a BB at 10 km on some shots while on others have a nice cluster and it is DD beware. 

Overall she works well enough to get me the 4M credits I'm after and I think I'll have fun while doing it.

[CVA16]
Members
3,639 posts
11,935 battles
On 6/23/2018 at 1:37 PM, Poppa_IKE said:

Only a few battles so far, but I can see you need to be patient because she is slow as heck.

Have you played the US line???

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,533 posts
4,281 battles
27 minutes ago, CorvetteKaptain67 said:

I heard she runs better on Vodka, is this true? 

Everything runs better on Vodka. :cap_like:

• Funny 1

Members
5,097 posts
60 battles

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya works just fine at Tier V, which is something I've been thinking what if Imperatsia Mariya be brought in to Tier V.

305mm guns work fine at Tier V as well, even the sharp drop at long range could help hitting through the deck armor. Despite HE shells have higher velocity, AP shells can still pack some decent firepower on other BBs.

I like the rudder shift speed, considerably nimble at angling & turning away from nasty situations. Though turrets are still struggling to keep up with the tight turning.

Most of all, her AA armaments do a pretty darn good job at mowing down planes, despite the lack of DP guns for long-range AA. For this, I recommend optimize her AA parameters to make the most of the AA capabilities.

In overall, I personally find this performing better than Pyotr Velikiy (Peter the Great), mainly because of better gun range, less dispersion & better AA. Casemate guns seem negligible, however.

Edited by Xero_Snake
  • Cool 1