Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

WG MM for T5 CVs Needs Fixing

11 comments in this topic

[U571]
Members
1,960 posts
13,369 battles

WGing time to look at the MM and not let T5 CVs be teamed up with a T6 CV, for the simple fact that T5 cannot do strafes.  This is happening more and it shouldn't that or you need to give the Strafe back to T5 so we can compete with the Independence and Ryujo.  This type of match making is frustrating and IT IS ON YOU!!!!   IT IS WARGAMING'S FAULT FOR THIS PROBLEM!!!!!  TIME TO FIX IT!!!!

Members
816 posts
13,488 battles

If I can face being up tiered in my non-CV you can face it in your CV.

What? getting pounded by ships of higher tier?

Gee, no one else ever faces that....

Members
2,202 posts
11,652 battles
39 minutes ago, Prothall said:

The difference is that T5 CVs are at a much more significant disadvantage vs a T6 CV than a T5 of any other class is against a ship of the same class at T6.  They lack strafe, meaning a decent T6 CV has an "I win" button in any given engagement.

Members
78 posts
5,929 battles

It would make sense to return strafing to low-end CVs since we don't the AS Bogue ordeal no longer. The reason we lost strafe capability is because of players that are good in those T4-5 CVs really do a beating on those who are still learning. I'm paraphrasing Wargaming, if I recall correctly from a particular patch note from months ago. 

But the topic of 2vs2 CV format hmmm... I'll save it for another thread.

Members
816 posts
13,488 battles
2 hours ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

The difference is that T5 CVs are at a much more significant disadvantage vs a T6 CV than a T5 of any other class is against a ship of the same class at T6.  They lack strafe, meaning a decent T6 CV has an "I win" button in any given engagement.

Tell that to any New York that finds itself facing a Saipan or Kaga. The point is you cannot make exceptions in the MM. Especially for such a generally strong class as CVs can be. Tier 5 DDs face radar. Tier 6 DDs can face tier 8 DDs with concealment modules, etc. We all have to take a big bite once in a while and Cvs are no exception.

[ADAPT]
Members
936 posts
16,048 battles

Hoorey...no strafe? Play strafe cv la. What so hard. Dont have it? Be patient.

Edited by bandits86

Members
155 posts
3,424 battles
18 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Tell that to any New York that finds itself facing a Saipan or Kaga. The point is you cannot make exceptions in the MM. Especially for such a generally strong class as CVs can be. Tier 5 DDs face radar. Tier 6 DDs can face tier 8 DDs with concealment modules, etc. We all have to take a big bite once in a while and Cvs are no exception.

Do you truly not understand or are you being deliberately obtuse? New York vs. Kaga/Saipan is the wrong comparison. You need to look at a different comparison, like, say New York vs. Colorado. The problem is that strafing is such a broken mechanic that's core to higher-tier carrier play that tier 5 carriers have no way to overcome besides sheer luck and RNG.

Look. Let's take another example. Farragut vs. Benson. Is the Farragut player at a serious disadvantage? Yes. Can that gap be bridged with skill and good play? Maybe. The point is that no other class since the OWSF removal has such a mechanic so critical to game-play be locked by tier, but allow them to be in the same MM. Tier 6 carriers can strafe, tier 5 cannot. Even if you can pull them into a dogfight (assuming both squads full), the tier 5 carrier will lose because his planes are inferior. All you can do is hope that your team's tier 6 carrier is of at least equal skill to theirs.

This isn't a question of asking for equality. The point is that functionally tier 6 and up carriers are playing a different game from tier 4-5 carriers, and that should be recognized.

[ADAPT]
Members
936 posts
16,048 battles

Nothing wrong .its been like that long time ago. Just because you dont have strafe on ship u like, u cannot simply ask  to suit your gameplay, there are more other variety ships to play. Move on.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,165 posts
11,280 battles

It's not as bad as it was before. Before the start of the CV rework, you could get stuck teamed with a strike Independence, and the other team didn't. Now, at least the Indy has to bring a fighter. Still won't be good until the rework is finished, but it could be a lot worse.

[U571]
Members
1,960 posts
13,369 battles
14 hours ago, Prothall said:

No I said I should not be facing a ship without the same abilitiies!!!  Why should I have to go up against a CV that can Strafe and I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!

[VFW]
Members
1,245 posts
24,660 battles
11 hours ago, Prothall said:

Prothall,

There is a huge difference between a T5 vs T6 CV and I see you don't play CVs at all.  If you'll going to comment on CVs then begin to play them so you can have an informed opinion. 

I agree that the T5 should be given back manual drops and strafes.

vr,

Sign in to follow this