You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

How's Everyone holding up in Ranked?

49 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,700 posts
10,828 battles

Just wondering how everyone is holding up in Ranked?

Lol I know it is testing my Sanity since as far as my Ranked WR for this season goes I should be making better progress and yet Zi am stalled in Rank 5...

Members
1,581 posts
13,474 battles

Loss - finish first, keep star. .. then Loss finish 2nd or 3rd on team, lose a star... then win get a star....  vicious cycle...

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
12,640 battles

I'm at rank 6. Last 2 games I played, teammate in loyang full spread team killed our near full health amagi who was hardly moving doing his job bow tanking another bb making our win into a loss, 2nd game, afk Alabama with guns turned all battle. Called it quits after that. Was worse than random potatoes in pub matches. 

Edited by Megrim3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,828 posts
2,524 battles

Haven't really dedicated a huge amount of time to it, but it's been a little frustrating. Some games I know I could have played better, but definitely some games when I know it wasn't me in a BB sailing the wrong way or yoloing in a DD. I think I need to sit down and dedicate myself, but still, it's not exactly the most fun I've had.

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol I know it is testing my Sanity since as far as my Ranked WR for this season goes I should be making better progress and yet Zi am stalled in Rank 5...

I haven't tried. Just grinding PvP for DoY, the New Year Raid, Yamamoto and Shinonome campaigns have been annoying enough. I finished DoY and NYR. I am on the first task in the Shinonome campaign and almost half way through the Yamamoto campaign. Just playing all of those for the last month was annoying. I figure I'll finish the other two campaigns this year some time, maybe.

But playing Ranked with so many PvP players who are frustrated from Ranked? No thanks.

[WNSTN]
Members
2,707 posts
16,166 battles

Stalled out at rank 5 after 82 battles. Think that's gonna do it for me.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
12,640 battles

I'm thinking a system where you were afk more than 5 battles in ranked you should be banned from playing ranked for a week or more.

I don't care what your excuse is.  If your queueing up in ranked and going afk you have other things that are more important going on, and then wging can "help you" address those things that you need to address. Which would also help us from not suffering from your problem. 

Edited by Megrim3

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,513 posts
4,194 battles

I haven’t been able to play as much as I’d like - Rank 9 after 37 battles. Having to share a computer is not fun, but I’m definitely still going for Rank 1.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
902 posts
7,334 battles

AFKs and the ones who run to the corner of the map and then AFK are the only things ruining rank for me.  Otherwise, it's the same as always.

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,280 battles

I'm FNG sucking and I hate this Game MM sucks. RNG hates me . Game is rigged and you suck for asking. i'll never play again and demand all the money back I've spent!!!

Ok deep breath here. Sorry, you don't suck. Put on good face now. Doing great here Admiral Thrawn. Best of wishes.

• Funny 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,107 battles
54 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Finally finished yesterday after a very long miserable season. Well, to be honest it only became miserable after I reached R2 the first time, then it took like 130 battles after that to finish. Usually I come out of a ranked season feeling like I improved as a player and became better from it, not this time though--it was just a painful season filled with imbalanced OP ships.

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
485 posts
25,058 battles

Ranked out after 234 battles.  Had a great time.  

There was a dearth of carriers so the season moved along pretty well.  Took me less battles than the previous two seasons.

56% win rate.  I'll take that.

~Sab

[RKLES]
Members
8,700 posts
10,828 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Ranked out after 234 battles.  Had a great time.  

There was a dearth of carriers so the season moved along pretty well.  Took me less battles than the previous two seasons.

56% win rate.  I'll take that.

~Sab

Just curious what ships did you use?

Members
64 posts
5,589 battles

I barely play but I started whereabouts rank 20 and ended up in 13 in no time. I started off with North Carolina and crunched good numbers but I didn't get victories due to not as optimal DD and CA gameplay, very 50/50. After a couple ranks I decided to pull my Lo Yang out of mothball. Had my first ranked loss since the ship change. 18->13 went by very very fast. Also captain went up to 14 points so having radio location makes slightly less stressful per game. I did play a single Kutuzov game and that was fun incinerating Alabamas. 

Again, I don't take ranked too seriously but I'd like to get past rank 10. 

EDIT: because of premium and DDs tend to get the sweet sweet cap XP it's very likely to attain top XP earner in any loss/win. lessons learned from terrifying tier 6 and 7 ranked memories. 

Edited by Destroyer_Cassin

[O_O]
Members
4,936 posts
10,862 battles

Ranked?  What is...Ranked?

I think I may have played 2 battles this season.

Edited by desmo_2

[-BRS-]
Members
995 posts
29,332 battles

Made it to R3.1 with 39 or so battles and a 60% WR, was feeling like this season was going to go well........silly me, MM kicked me in the privets, or a team mate derped, or I derped or.....on and on and on, all the way down to R7.3 and A potato 550 battles and a WR of 47%.  Ranked Battles just plane sucks for us lower forms of life (the 50% WR crowd).  I'm not good enough to influence a team to victory and I'm bad enough to cause the defeat because I do something stupid.

One thing I noticed, the players that have mad it to R5 and up are better mannered and less salty then the ones that are at R5 and below.  It got so bad I had to turn off the chat, as a matter of fact, one R6 match I told the team I was turning off the chat (I was flanking in a Kutz, so they could just ping the map), well a BB didn't like that at all and shot at me!  I got on the chat and asked "why" and he berated me for going out on my own and not caring about the team.  I explained that I was flanking and trying to get shots on the Chapy that hides every time behind the same island every time, no go, we lost and the chat was full with my team voicing there displeasure, I am sure my Karma took a hit, oh well.  Whats funny is I was in a R4.2 match where several players told me I needed to be flanking (both of them are very good and are well known) such is the life of a potato.

What has made Ranked a soul crushing grind is WR, I really think that are just trying to get rid of Ranked.  They have not done 1 thing to fix a lot of the issues and seem to make it more of a cesspool of grinding (adding stars, not realizing MM would put radar and hydro all on 1 team, nerfing the rewards, ect ....ect...).

So its another crappy Ranked season, but hay, I'm still alive!  And I hope we all make it to Rank 1!

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,280 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Ranked?  What is...Ranked?

I think I may have played 2 battles this season.

So you still have your, sanity and a life? Ghostdog envy you Desmo

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,045 posts
3,313 battles

Got angry and quit, had so many games where I was first on a losing team it was insulting. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
231 posts
135 battles

Hovering around R10-11

Finished grinding through the Lexington and by the end of the season I should have completed the stock grinds on Bismarck, New Orleans, Edinburgh, Ognevoi, Shoukaku  and Charles Martel

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
9,521 battles

Did most of my missions for both campaigns in ranked. Made it a lot more bearable as I was progressing in the Campaign Missions despite not progressing in stars. Ranked out after 220 battles.