You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Taking Back What Said About Loyang

12 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,093 battles

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....

After made dozens of "Loyang OP Nerf Now" posts. I actually played Loyang last night. It's crap. 

You'd think it's a Benson with 1/5 less DPM, but nope. The shell speed seems slower, for some reason. The ship also seems to be less maneuverable?! Just can't get a win in Loyang for whatever reason. 

That 1/5 less dpm from losing a turret REALLY hurts the knife fight. Basically putting the DPM of Loyang on par with "lawl IJN DDs" of the same tier. Loyang is not a man fight DD. 

image.png.5c840f5a897ef7f4cb175aabcfee7a7c.png

Members
638 posts
12,822 battles

Did you try to straight up slug it out?

If you used the hydro/smoke combo and still lost then it is not the fault of the boat...

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,916 posts
1,564 battles

I'll say here the same thing I say in nearly every "buff this" or "nerf that" whinefest post. 

The ship doesn't make the player.  The player makes the ship.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,093 battles
3 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I'll say here the same thing I say in nearly every "buff this" or "nerf that" whinefest post. 

The ship doesn't make the player.  The player makes the ship.

Are you suggesting some sort of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY? Blasphemy!

Image result for shock picard

Members
175 posts
5,456 battles

I paid real money for it because of the 4km invisifire window.   That's when it was OP.

But they didn't nerf it, they just changed the game mechanics...

Except that mechanic was its main advantage.

Members
499 posts
7,185 battles

The 5.4km Hydro is OP, the ship it self is mediocre, two substandard torp options, poor gun DPM, poorer handling.

If you can learn to make good use of the hydro the ship will work well, otherwise it's just a worse Benson.    Also 10 games is probably just a streak, especially since you look to be a good DD driver.

Learn to use/abuse the Hydro,  the best way to learn the fine art of Hydro bully is play Zee Germans.

Edited by Veasel

[TBOW]
Members
1,217 posts
11,621 battles

I used it for a while, and since I switched to Kidd, my results have improved. just hit 8

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
9,521 battles

It's also not nearly as OP in randoms as it is in ranked. The reason why is stupidly OP in ranked because the hydro covers the entire cap circle from the edge on most maps. In randoms the caps are much much bigger making the hydro much less OP. Also in randoms you see a lot more radar ships than you typically see in a ranked match.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,662 battles
15 hours ago, Carniolan said:

I paid real money for it because of the 4km invisifire window.   That's when it was OP.

But they didn't nerf it, they just changed the game mechanics...

Except that mechanic was its main advantage.

HAHA, If you relied on that crutch you are bad and should learn how to play again. those pidly little guns were nigh on useless other than the rare penetration and the even more rare fire. She's better as a destroyer hunter and a general scout with acceptable torps. 

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I actually agree on both sides here. I have been mostly playing Benson and a little Aki in ranked. Just got the Yang in a Santa crate so I was trying it out in randoms. It seems to me its much better in ranked. In randoms it handles slightly worse then Benson, has less guns, 9km torps do 33% less damage, but reload a little faster. However, as pointed out, her strong point is smoke / hydro against other dds. Its decent in randoms, but from what I have seen its godly in ranked. Smaller teams, smaller caps, etc... 

[WOLF6]
Members
2,382 posts
5,128 battles

60% WR after 67 battles, (all solo) in mine, don't use the hydro much. Not seeing the problem with the ship.

Not a "man fight" DD? :Smile_teethhappy: