You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
glenrcn

Um, damaged by friendly torpedo_shows as enemy damage.

9 comments in this topic

[RCNVR]
Beta Testers
40 posts
8,268 battles

I recently completely uninstalled, then downloaded Warships. I was having crashes and quite a bit of lag issues.

After this new download, I have had 2 crashes during in game sessions, which happened to every one in that game. And one crash during loading into a game. After the in game crash, when i relaunched and re-entered that game, i could use my mouse and steering keys, but i could not use the mouse to select on screen actions, but i could target and fire.... weird.

Secondly, today in my most recent game. I was hit by a friendly torpedo from the Team mate named (place name here), who launched from my right side from 2 km away. One torpedo hit me and the second took out a friendly cruiser about 3 km away from me. Yet the after battle records do not show this as team kill damage, but shows it as enemy damage!?! 

Sorry I do not record my games often.

Is this a new Mod? LOL!

5a616a83acb86_glenrcn-damagedbyfriendly(2).thumb.jpg.e098f1a97df62e03a831995f9ce4efb1.jpgglenrcn-damagedbyfriendly_b.thumb.jpg.2cffa8f0660f7c732f81a1fe073c1c0e.jpg

Edited by glenrcn

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,736 posts
12,161 battles

Friendly fire isn't friendly and you need to edit out that players name.

[CWLTH]
Members
46 posts
4,105 battles
31 minutes ago, glenrcn said:

I recently completely uninstalled, then downloaded Warships. I was having crashes and quite a bit of lag issues.

After this new download, I have had 2 crashes during in game sessions, which happened to every one in that game. And one crash during loading into a game. After the in game crash, when i relaunched and re-entered that game, i could use my mouse and steering keys, but i could not use the mouse to select on screen actions, but i could target and fire.... weird.

Secondly, today in my most recent game. I was hit by a friendly torpedo from the Team mate named Alexander_Fight, who launched from my right side from 2 km away. One torpedo hit me and the second took out a friendly cruiser about 3 km away from me. Yet the after battle records do not show this as team kill damage, but shows it as enemy damage!?! 

Sorry I do not record my games often.

Is this a new Mod? LOL!

glenrcn-damagedbyAlexander_Fight.jpg

glenrcn-damagedbyAlexander_Fight_b.jpg

glenrcn-damagedbyAlexander_Fight_c.jpg

Had exactly the same happen to ne two days ago.  Took two torps from a friendly german DD. After the game I received a warning about friendly fire and about turning pink. No compensation for the damage taken either. 

[WOLF5]
Members
2,578 posts
3,053 battles

No such thing as a friendly torpedo.

Also, the section is Damage received: Torpedoes: Doesn't specify which side, mostly because it doesn't matter. In other words, it's working properly.

Don't name the player, that's against the rules. Edit it out or the moderators will.

On your game problems can't really help. However, you can enable replays so you don't have to record.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,165 posts
11,280 battles
22 minutes ago, FEBA64 said:

Had exactly the same happen to ne two days ago.  Took two torps from a friendly german DD. After the game I received a warning about friendly fire and about turning pink. No compensation for the damage taken either. 

Compensation went away at the same time variable repair costs were changed to a flat servicing cost. They still pay credits and XP, you just don't get a cut anymore.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,318 posts

Those readings are consistent with 'friendly' fire.

Happens to me a lot when I'm sailing around in the Frosty Scharnhorst.

Were you, by chance, wearing the Raid Frosty Camo on your Scharny?

....   Just some folks letting off a little frustration, steam, and a few torpedoes out of spite.

[RCNVR]
Beta Testers
40 posts
8,268 battles

Thank you for the replies. It has been awhile since I have posted, and I do apologize to the player who I had named. I did not know about the fact that a torpedo has no flag. I certainly remember turning pink for accidentally torpedoing team mates, maybe a year ago, after Beta Testing. 

Camo was the frosty. And I am not interested in damage compensation. I truly thought from past personal experience that the situation appeared to be odd. Maybe rules for turning pink have changed. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Glenrcn

Edited by glenrcn

[PVE]
Members
3,493 posts
21,653 battles
2 hours ago, glenrcn said:

Maybe rules for turning pink have changed

You say he hit you w/a torp but not weather he sunk you...if he didn't sink you he doesn't turn pink.

BTW I think it's the WOW promo that says, "Avenge the Titanic" that is to blame...player probably mistook your "Frosty" camo for an ice burg.

Edit: You still need to black out the players name...not sure if you are saying this was an intentional TK (or attempted TK) but if you wanna take action against someone you submit a ticket w/their name...forum isn't the place for that.

Wow...after 8 hours I'm surprised the devs haven't already edited it.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RCNVR]
Beta Testers
40 posts
8,268 battles

Hello again.

i had corrected the naming mistake by replacing the person's name with ....(Secondly, today in my most recent game. I was hit by a friendly torpedo from the Team mate named (place name here))..... I cannot edit the follow up replies that also show that person's name. I also, rather poorly edited the screen prints to remove the name of the friendly fire ships operator.

Oh, and my ship was damaged  by that torpedo but he/she did not actually sink me. It did cause about 21,000 damage vis kinetic and flooding. But his/her second tordepo did continue past me and sunk one of our teams cruisers. I saw that happen and friendly chat also reflected this with a WT* comment. This was also why I was surprised by not seeing that -1 stat appear in our end of game stats. The cruiser that was sunk, I cannot actually remember which one it was.

Sincerely

glenrcn

Edited by glenrcn