Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Shiny Horse's MM Tier?

17 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,090 battles

Eurobeat said in his Shiny Horse video that Scharnhorst is always top tier. But there's no info suggesting the ship's getting preferential MM. What is it's MM tier exactly? 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles

Same as other T7 BBs.

Members
688 posts
832 battles
20 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Eurobeat said in his Shiny Horse video that Scharnhorst is always top tier. But there's no info suggesting the ship's getting preferential MM. What is it's MM tier exactly? 

Apparently due to how MM works tier sevens tend to be top tier.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,647 battles

Not everything he says should be taken as literal truth!  This is the guy who made an entire video demonstrating the superiority of spotter plane Des Moines! :)

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I really enjoy my Scharnhorst it does great when top tier and can stand up to being bottom tier. This one Ship is my go to Ship when I am looking to enjoy my time in WoWs, Win or Lose this ship is the most fun to play. The MM can be awesome and at times be the Hangman. I feel the MM is Balanced between the two. Either way I never lose Coins or EXP when playing the Scharnhorst.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,099 posts
10,308 battles
37 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

No. They said that Scharnhorst is "Almost always top tier". This is due to the protected T3 and 4 MM causing T5 and 6 ships to be up tiered more often with T7s.

That is something that should be undone, but WG never will admit a mistake. 

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,268 battles
18 minutes ago, K538 said:

Not everything he says should be taken as literal truth!  This is the guy who made an entire video demonstrating the superiority of spotter plane Des Moines! :)

I remember that. I was like "say what?"

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,090 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

No. They said that Scharnhorst is "Almost always top tier". This is due to the protected T3 and 4 MM causing T5 and 6 ships to be up tiered more often with T7s.

WG should separate old BBs with late war high speed BBs. no T7 BB get into T9 matches. I'd imagine sooner or later WG's going ot change MM, just like in WoT.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,099 posts
10,308 battles
38 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

WG should separate old BBs with late war high speed BBs. no T7 BB get into T9 matches. I'd imagine sooner or later WG's going ot change MM, just like in WoT.

Ewwww. Most of my friends, who still played WoT, jumped ship with the last big round of MM changes. So hopefully the same kind of changes don't make it over here. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,955 posts
9,222 battles
1 hour ago, RealNewDeal said:

Apparently due to how MM works tier sevens tend to be top tier.

Unless your name has the correct letters in it in which case you usually see tier 8 and 9. If I was top tier tier half as often as people make it out to be tier 7 gets to be top tier I'd actually play it more often. Especially with my CV's.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I've always found Scharnhorst to be "always top Tiered" is a method of thinking. 

At T7 if your top dog, your going to do well playing a relatively standard BB style of play. 

But if you're bottom Tiered in a T9 match, you got to flip your play style and thing of yourself as Cruiser. 

If you can adapt your playstyle to know when to act like a CA or BB, Scharnhorst with it's 11" guns will do incredible work. And will always "feel" top tier. 

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,222 posts
11,418 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

OP, this is the reason why Tier 7 tends to be top tier more, just as tier 5 ships tend to be bottom tier more.

42 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

I've always found Scharnhorst to be "always top Tiered" is a method of thinking. 

At T7 if your top dog, your going to do well playing a relatively standard BB style of play. 

But if you're bottom Tiered in a T9 match, you got to flip your play style and thing of yourself as Cruiser. 

If you can adapt your playstyle to know when to act like a CA or BB, Scharnhorst with it's 11" guns will do incredible work. And will always "feel" top tier. 

This is a good mentality to have with the Scharnhorst, other than playing "standard" BB - always rush in and create chaos when top tier ;-)

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

[...]

This is a good mentality to have with the Scharnhorst, other than playing "standard" BB - always rush in and create chaos when top tier ;-)

You missed the word "relatively" ;-)

[FML]
Members
2,222 posts
11,418 battles
10 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

You missed the word "relatively" ;-)

I don't think 'relatively' cuts it here. 

Tbh, when top tier, the Scharnhorst is more an armoured destroyer, good for contesting caps and supporting DDs directly. 

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,841 battles

I don't know about "top tier", but I am only bottom tier 16% of the time in my last 119 T7 games.  Compare that to 61% at T5, 31% at T6, and 38% at T8.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
22 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I don't think 'relatively' cuts it here. 

Tbh, when top tier, the Scharnhorst is more an armoured destroyer, good for contesting caps and supporting DDs directly. 

Hahahaah, I guess how you play BBs is significantly different from how I play BBs. 

A good number of my BBs are spec'ed for Secondaries and combined with Scahrn's Torpedoes she can brawl with some of the best of them. 

Although I tend to give up my side a fair amount and bait side shots and quickly angle back hoping for bounces. 

[FML]
Members
2,222 posts
11,418 battles
1 hour ago, Ivlerlin said:

Hahahaah, I guess how you play BBs is significantly different from how I play BBs. 

Happy to div sometime and compare notes. 

Though I am interstate this week. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this