Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Let me get this straight...

57 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
21,657 posts
15,394 battles
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Openly arguing and insulting - aren't you doing that with the comments you have made in this very thread?

Are you seriously claiming that 'loud mouth' is an insult? Is your skin that thin? Especially considering I wasn't even calling you that?

*sigh*

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

Are you seriously claiming that 'loud mouth' is an insult? Is your skin that thin? Especially considering I wasn't even calling you that?

*sigh*

What is it then, a compliment lol. If you want to talk degrees then go for it. :Smile_smile: Is my skin that thin? Wow, clutching at straws there dude. :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
21,657 posts
15,394 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Is my skin that thin? Wow, clutching at straws there dude. :Smile_teethhappy:

Well, considering you seemed to imply calling them loud mouths puts me on the same level.

[5BS]
Members
7,947 posts
19 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Frankly I was always in the "Musashi as an alt-hull for Yamato that changes the name plate" camp, but this is what WG decided to do because they can charge more for it.

It's not changing, so you're going to have to just accept it, deal with it, and...What is it cruiser mains always tell destroyer players when radar comes up?

Oh yeah.

Adapt and overcome.

Doesn't effect cruisers at all, and you are not thinking big picture:

Cruisers, at all tiers, can already be overmatched by 15 inch guns, or guns introduced as low as T6 (Warspite, QE, and Mutsu). A Musashi is no more of a pain to a T10 Cruiser than the same cruiser facing Warspite.
Now, the problem is that when BB's find themselves MORE suspetable to damage, they hide more. Remember when they tried reducing bow armor? What happened, instantly? BB's camped more. Musashi is just one more stone in that pond; one more reason (aka excuse) for BB's to sit still behind a mount, bow on, trying to avoid combat as best they can while everyone else carries the weight. I don't like it when BB's get weaker, not because I'm a BB main, I'm not, but because when BB's get weaker, they get cagier, and when they get cagier, game quality plummets.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, considering you seemed to imply calling them loud mouths puts me on the same level.

No, no. Using phrases such as:

Haven't you heard? Musashi is pointless, useless and not worth it. This is the expert opinion of noisy forumdwellers who have zero experience with the ship.

According to all the keyboard warriors on the forum, nope.

Or wait until proper reviews are out from people who have actually driven it and decide for yourself. (They may have made their statements from viewing videos too?)

Blindly coming to said opinions and shoving them down people's throats in every thread even remotely related to Musashi does, though.

Is your way of being nice, not looking to insult. :Smile_smile: As you say, if you were looking to insult: "In your mind, you have entirely less pleasant names for them"; so I guess whatever the level and however thick the skin - You were most definitely not insulting them.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,657 posts
15,394 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

No, no. Using phrases such as:

Haven't you heard? Musashi is pointless, useless and not worth it. This is the expert opinion of noisy forumdwellers who have zero experience with the ship.

According to all the keyboard warriors on the forum, nope.

Or wait until proper reviews are out from people who have actually driven it and decide for yourself. (They may have made their statements from viewing videos too?)

Blindly coming to said opinions and shoving them down people's throats in every thread even remotely related to Musashi does, though.

Is your way of being nice, not looking to insult. :Smile_smile: As you say, if you were looking to insult: "In your mind, you have entirely less pleasant names for them"; so I guess whatever the level and however thick the skin - You were most definitely not insulting them.

You know, fair points all.

Let the bitterness get the better of me and sarcasm rule my posts.

That doesn't mean I no longer stand by what I said though, bitter and sarcastic and all.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,192 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Lert speaketh. Forumites maybe listen.

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

You know, fair points all.

Let the bitterness get the better of me and sarcasm rule my posts.

That doesn't mean I no longer stand by what I said though, bitter and sarcastic and all.

Advising someone to review provided content and make their own mind up is fair enough.

I used a little bit of sarcasm myself today on another thread (although it apparently wasn't as easy to read as yours - so a big fat fail on my part lol). And so you should stand by what you say, I think many of your points are very valid and helpful on the posts you make; I have no doubt the attitude of some of those you are commenting about in this thread may not be far from your comments.

On my part I just looked at an influential poster from the forums being negative in delivering what is some good advice ('to make your own decision from good provided content'). But to me that good advice would have been better delivered in a more positive manner. Now that is my bad for judging you! I guess we all do it lol. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[HINON]
Supertester
21,657 posts
15,394 battles
6 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

But to me that good advice would have been better delivered in a more positive manner.

Well, you're quite out of luck there. I'm a jaded, bitter and sarcastic individual and my post reflect that.

w7UUjn1.jpg

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
21,657 posts
15,394 battles
26 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Remember when they tried reducing bow armor?

That never went beyond testing stage, it never came to live.

• Cool 1

[BB-57]
Members
183 posts
13,727 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I think most who have been trying to make a decision don't have the free XP to throw about so have been comparing the 2 for best value.

The consensus is the Missouri is better (that was from YouTube players who fought in both). Just because people have said this, doesn't categorize them as loud mouths (especially on a forum where there is technically no volume, just opinions). Categorizing them as loud mouths only shows you don't particularly agree with them; which is your prerogative lol.

I only have enough free XP for one and with my limited play, it's been a camo/flag buying frenzy.  I'll go with the non-masses and wait for the Musashi.  If it means I wasted 750k, well it won't be the first or last mistake made in life.

[USCC2]
Members
4,934 posts
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, you're quite out of luck there. I'm a jaded, bitter and sarcastic individual and my post reflect that.

w7UUjn1.jpg

Now that's funny!:Smile_teethhappy:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,658 posts
11,617 battles

I for one am just excited to get a chance to earn another free ship, its not going to break the game, the very essence, or meta was broken when it was made (making it EASIER to get citadeled from the side LOL LOL LOL, should be HARDER, and EASIER from the BOW, but don't let a whole HISTORY of ship building get in the way of a good game !!)  So onwards and upwards to the Mush!

Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

Now, the problem is that when BB's find themselves MORE suspetable to damage, they hide more. Remember when they tried reducing bow armor? What happened, instantly? BB's camped more. Musashi is just one more stone in that pond; one more reason (aka excuse) for BB's to sit still behind a mount, bow on, trying to avoid combat as best they can while everyone else carries the weight. I don't like it when BB's get weaker, not because I'm a BB main, I'm not, but because when BB's get weaker, they get cagier, and when they get cagier, game quality plummets.

BB already camp because of torpedoes. They camp because of HE spam and fire.  They camp because of aircraft. They bow camp because of other BBs. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of something that does not make them camp. Any potential damage source makes them camp.

I don't see how adding a single ship in will change this for the worse. 

[5BS]
Members
7,947 posts
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

That never went beyond testing stage, it never came to live.

I know that, I didn't insinuate otherwise, but I took part in that test server, because I was interested, and it had most noticeably the aforementioned effect: BB's got MORE cagey than they are now.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,658 posts
11,617 battles
Just now, evilleMonkeigh said:

BB already camp because of torpedoes. They camp because of HE spam and fire.  They camp because of aircraft. They bow camp because of other BBs. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of something that does not make them camp. Any potential damage source makes them camp.

no doubt...my thoughts exactly.... so lets all get cracking on that free XP!

[5BS]
Members
7,947 posts
1 minute ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

You burned the chicken so you want to throw out the soup as well huh?

[LUCK]
Members
1,701 posts
24,101 battles

This is how I see things:

Let's give a cruiser crazy range, smoke and obliterating AA------->stop selling it, its overpowered.

Let's give a cruiser all the known consumables and great concealment------->stop selling it, its overpowered.

Let's nerf a T4 battleship down to T3------->stop selling it, its overpowered.

Let's give these destroyers crazy concealment and really good torpedoes------->stop selling them, they're overpowered.

Let's label a T5 battleship as T4------->stop selling it, its overpowered.

What could possibly go wrong with Musashi?

[HINON]
Supertester
21,657 posts
15,394 battles
Just now, hofmannsc said:

This is how I see things:

So, get it before it's too late.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,182 posts
3,895 battles
38 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Doesn't effect cruisers at all, and you are not thinking big picture:

Cruisers, at all tiers, can already be overmatched by 15 inch guns, or guns introduced as low as T6 (Warspite, QE, and Mutsu). A Musashi is no more of a pain to a T10 Cruiser than the same cruiser facing Warspite.

Heaven forbid battleships have a challenge for once.

This entire "Musashi will destroy tier 9" nonsense is hyperbole. The more I see of it, the more it looks like a massive, childish overreaction.

You know, the same thing destroyer players were accused of when stealth fire was removed in 0.6.3.

[LUCK]
Members
1,701 posts
24,101 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

So, get it before it's too late.

Not really a BB kind of guy but more power to those that want it.

[5BS]
Members
7,947 posts
3 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Heaven forbid battleships have a challenge for once.

This entire "Musashi will destroy tier 9" nonsense is hyperbole. The more I see of it, the more it looks like a massive, childish overreaction.

You know, the same thing destroyer players were accused of when stealth fire was removed in 0.6.3.

Except you know that's exactly NOT how it works at all. BB's don't view sources of damage as a challenge, they view it as a 'muh paint' danger and get more cagey. We see it all the time, why would this be ANY different.

And I didn't say it would destroy T9, not sure who you are quoting on that, but it will make it worse. Worse, does not equal destroyed, but it does equal worse. The same way the Missouri made T9 worse for DD's, the Musashi will make T9 worse for everyone else given how integral BB's are to balance.

Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles
8 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

You burned the chicken so you want to throw out the soup as well huh?

Well, I doubt the Musashi can allow them to move back even further, past their own baseline? Does it unlock an extra corner grid square?

BB are already camping because of everything.  Musashi can just be included in "everything."

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

Frankly I was always in the "Musashi as an alt-hull for Yamato that changes the name plate" camp, but this is what WG decided to do because they can charge more for it.

It's not changing, so you're going to have to just accept it, deal with it, and...What is it cruiser mains always tell destroyer players when radar comes up?

Oh yeah.

Adapt and overcome.

My comment is this; I got Missouri now, bring on Musashi, I can collect it, too.  Why make a ruckus picking between them?  

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,182 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

My comment is this; I got Missouri now, bring on Musashi, I can collect it, too.  Why make a ruckus picking between them?  

I unlocked Khabarovsk last night. I'm not particularly concerned about an influx of high-HP battleships.

Sign in to follow this