You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

I'm a 50% Player Forever

62 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
10,169 battles

I'm right at the 50% mark regarding WR and it appears that's where I will remain. For every good game there is a corresponding bad game. For every win streak there is a following losing streak. Been this way for a while now. Not a complaint, just an observation. 

Edited by KalishniKat

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,220 battles

If you don't analyze your games; or change how you play base on your analysis, why would you expect your WR to change? 

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,269 battles

I notice you don't play much at all past Tier 6. Playing higher tiers makes a better player out of you. At least it did for me.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,912 posts
14,086 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'm hardly any higher, same thing. 

I'm ok with it though.

thing is that you are moving up in tiers and maintaining  WR or slight positive.  that   means slight improvement.     anyone can be unicum at t3 with st louis, but it don't mean much  :D

Members
2,202 posts
11,617 battles
Just now, centarina said:

thing is that you are moving up in tiers and maintaining  WR or slight positive.  that   means slight improvement.     anyone can be unicum at t3 with st louis, but it don't mean much  :D

This is very true.  Just keep at it and you'll improve eventually.

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
6 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

This is very true.  Just keep at it and you'll improve eventually.

Just got my first T10, and noticing that it's different gameplay again from T8-9.

Seems easier to rack up damage, but harder to make an impact.

Members
2,202 posts
11,617 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Just got my first T10, and noticing that it's different gameplay again from T8-9.

Seems easier to rack up damage, but harder to make an impact.

I've noticed this as well.  T10 just doesn't seem as fun as lower tiers.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,657 battles
18 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

I'm right at the 50% mark regarding WR and it appears that's where I will remain. For every good game there is a corresponding bad game. For every win streak there is a followin losing streak. Been this way for a while now. Not a complaint, just an observation. 

I was once stuck at 50% and then i started playing mainly nothing but tier X.

Now my overall is up to 54 and i have a respectable but not great 57% WR solo over 3000 battles at tier X

For some odd reason I suck at low tiers but at the top I hold my own and many times dominate more than flop.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
1 minute ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

I've noticed this as well.  T10 just doesn't seem as fun as lower tiers.

I dunno, I do find it fun, just more patience required, as well as a different risk/reward assessment.

It does kind of feel like I'm back at square one though. Where with my lower tier cruisers, I was able to dig in and get dirty at times, I'm only comfortable being annoying at range in Hindy.

Members
2,202 posts
11,617 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I dunno, I do find it fun, just more patience required, as well as a different risk/reward assessment.

It does kind of feel like I'm back at square one though. Where with my lower tier cruisers, I was able to dig in and get dirty at times, I'm only comfortable being annoying at range in Hindy.

Fair enough. I've got 4 T10s (Hindy, Khab, Groz, Mino) but prefer T9 and below (though I can't play T8 BBs not named Kii for some reason).

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
7 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Fair enough. I've got 4 T10s (Hindy, Khab, Groz, Mino) but prefer T9 and below (though I can't play T8 BBs not named Kii for some reason).

TBH though, I'm a huge fan of KM CAs. It's entirely possible that T10 in a different line might be less fun. (Hipper was all kinds of joy, I gave up on NO, I'll get my Balt from the split lol)

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles

The Hindenberg is the one ship in the game that I can get in and not fear any other ship, map, or situation.  Love that ship.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
45 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

I'm right at the 50% mark regarding WR and it appears that's where I will remain. For every good game there is a corresponding bad game. For every win streak there is a following losing streak. Been this way for a while now. Not a complaint, just an observation. 

Congratulations!  That makes you a well above-average player! :Smile_great:

For real, though...while the overall total will obviously average out to 50%, those people maintaining 55 or 60% win rates skew the individual numbers to where a significant majority hold win rates below 50%.  So if you're breaking even over nearly 5,000 battles that puts you comfortably ahead of (best guess) 60%+ of the total game population.

One less-obvious tactic to improve that mark even more, which I rarely see mentioned.  When you die early in a game (and we all die early in games), instead of backing out to port for a new ship or running off to make yourself a sandwich, jump on board as an observer with a player on your team who is doing well.  A decent percentage of the time it's just another average player who happens to be in the right place at the right time, but you're also going to end up watching some very good players making smart decisions in real time.  When you see somebody from the latter category, try to incorporate some of what they're doing into your play.

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles

Like it was said stats are not everything (for some they seem to be) but I have been trying to get to at least 50% since I joined just as a personal goal.  No one really gives much of a hoot about your stats if you are trying except yourself, but It's driven me nuts to be below 50% and just SITTING month after month at 48%.  Go up, go down, go up, go down...yuk. FINALLY I am playing at over 50% consistently for past couple of months but overall is still 48% but it's moving up to 49% pretty quick now.  Takes time to move that. How did I improve my win rate?  Simply eliminated playing on Friday and Sat nights and very little on weekends period.  Just mess around in co-op a lot on weekends or play another game I have. Got Scharnhorst tier 7.  Had never had a ship above tier 6.  Got Gold for Xmas and dramatically upgraded some of my old ships I love to play. I am gaming the system better....not sure I am technically getting better but that also seems to be so to a degree.  I like to win cause that is FUN for me.  Naturally numbers follow if you are winning.   Good luck.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by dmckay

[ADAPT]
Members
936 posts
16,048 battles
10 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Congratulations!  That makes you a well above-average player! :Smile_great:

For real, though...while the overall total will obviously average out to 50%, those people maintaining 55 or 60% win rates skew the individual numbers to where a significant majority hold win rates below 50%.  So if you're breaking even over nearly 5,000 battles that puts you comfortably ahead of (best guess) 60%+ of the total game population.

One less-obvious tactic to improve that mark even more, which I rarely see mentioned.  When you die early in a game (and we all die early in games), instead of backing out to port for a new ship or running off to make yourself a sandwich, jump on board as an observer with a player on your team who is doing well.  A decent percentage of the time it's just another average player who happens to be in the right place at the right time, but you're also going to end up watching some very good players making smart decisions in real time.  When you see somebody from the latter category, try to incorporate some of what they're doing into your play.

Far from right, those observe mostly the toxic one, blame other, especially the one that still survive with full health nowhere near cap.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,365 posts
9,390 battles
1 hour ago, Ju87s said:

Playing higher tiers makes a better player out of you. At least it did for me.

I was going to say the same thing about myself.   I'm still in the low 50's, but also starting moving up tiers.   I do analyze, and try to apply what I learn through my own play, watching others on Youtube or in-match.   While the ranking hasn't gone through the roof, it has stayed consistent, even when moving up in tiers.  

[SFBG]
Members
1,617 posts
8,760 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

Actually you are a 49.56%, with 4221 random battles.  I looked..

I'm not pointing that out to be snarky, really.  My point is,  that once you get in to the 1000's of battles, it's really hard to move the needle. It's mathematical averages, and the more battles you have the more spread out the numbers.

For the record, I'm a 44.19% WR, with 4892 battles.  But, that is a little bit up from the few months, I was stuck at 42.7 for almost a year.

I moved it by taking a look at all of the ships I had played, and focusing on the ones with low WR.  I even bought back the Caladon, of all ships, which I hated, and played it until it was a 50%

I re-visited many of my ships that had a 0% WR and tried to get them up to at least 40%.  Some were too much of a struggle, and had to just stay low.

I've also focused on my ships that have a high WR%, especially the ones that I finish high in. Obviously something about them clicks with me, so I stick with it. North Carolina comes to mind.

In a nutshell, it's only going to get harder to improve statistics if you are leaving a trail of low numbers in your wake.  For me, this means ignoring the fact that I just unlocked Des Moines, because I can't leave Baltimore with it's abysmal 12% WR.

This might seem like over-thinking it too much, but if you weren't concerned about it, you wouldn't have posted here, eh?

Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
3 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

There's much you can improve, considering there are people with 70% solo win rates.

Not really very many and I don't know how they do that if they are playing random. They just must be very very very very very good at this.:Smile_amazed:  VERY

Edited by dmckay