You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

New map "Sleeping Giant"

29 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,815 posts
8,034 battles

Learning to hate this map. In a cruiser supporting BC being clobbered broadside by unseen BBs camping west of A. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,621 posts
10,640 battles

This map is sometime funny to play but most of the time people are just going for C and the first one to camp behind island lose. Some DD go B but usually they never have support and A is often free. It can be a death trap if you don't pay attention to your minimap but it's fairly easy to defend. Last game I went A with my Chappy, a Mino was camping there broadside thinking no one would come. I don't think he liked those 13 citadel. 

But yeah, so far all fight I had were around C and the North team often flee for no reason. I'm starting to think spawning south gives you the edge

[KNMSU]
Members
5,590 posts
5,764 battles
4 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

This map is sometime funny to play but most of the time people are just going for C and the first one to camp behind island lose. Some DD go B but usually they never have support and A is often free. It can be a death trap if you don't pay attention to your minimap but it's fairly easy to defend. Last game I went A with my Chappy, a Mino was camping there broadside thinking no one would come. I don't think he liked those 13 citadel. 

But yeah, so far all fight I had were around C and the North team often flee for no reason. I'm starting to think spawning south gives you the edge

It's a very static play. The battleships almost always end up camping around the east side, while cruisers and destroyers fight things out at B. Whoever collapses first loses. 

It's just obnoxious. Maps where the combat flows a little are much more enjoyable.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,754 battles

This one is pretty fun, sometimes. I like to get out either east of C or west of A in a Khab. You can really have a lot of entertainment value in denying access to open water to the other team, and forcing them into the islands and chokepoints, where they are forced to slow down a lot and maneuver in restricted waters. This leaves them very vulnerable to fire from DM / Minotard, and the predictable paths they have to take are easily torped at that point. 

In the right circumstance, with the right team... much lulz, very enjoyment.