You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheReverendFossa

Clan Logos on the ships?

19 comments in this topic

[RELAX]
Beta Testers
23 posts

Y can't we have them? Clans are the natural ally of WG in keeping  and adding players, yet we always seem to be sucking hind tit when it comes to features. This is a team based game that goes out of its way to showcase  individual achievements. Don't get me wrong I like the individual items. But damn WG...how long did it take to get clans in the game? How long did it take to get some sort of Clan based gaming event? How long is it gonna take to get our logos on our boats? All 3 of these should have been resolved when clans initially came out. There is a reason why teams wear uniforms, logos, and such. It builds camaraderie and camaraderie is a major factor in keeping your players in game longer. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
16,261 posts
10,788 battles
Just now, TheRevFossa said:

Y can't we have them? Clans are a natural ally of WG in keeping  and adding players, yet we always seem to be sucking hind tit when it comes to features. This is a team based game that goes out of its way to showcase  individual achievements. Don't get me wrong I like the individual items. But damn WG...how long did it take to get clans in the game? How long did it take to get some sort of Clan based gaming event? How long is it gonna take to get our logos on our boats? All 3 of these should have been resolved when clans initially came out. There is a reason why teams wear uniforms, logos, and such. It builds camaraderie and camaraderie is a major factor in keeping your players in game longer. 

Think of how many people they would need to assign to police logo designs. Some countries have strict laws about iconography and WG could be in for a world of hurt if someone broke those laws with their own submitted designs.

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
388 posts
6,393 battles

I agree. World of Tanks and World of Warplanes have clan logos. However, will it be implemented as a flag or hull icon? Regarding the latter, the only place I find practical is the smokestack. I toured an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer recently and I remember that the ship had a plaque on the smokestack showing what Desron it is in. Here is the picture.

Members
90 posts
2,611 battles

There's a plaque on the Guilio Ceasare beneath the number 2 gun.  It's gold and has Roman fighters or something... Saw it in game the other day while cruising around. Pretty neat.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,033 battles

LOL WG never learned a lesson from Valve with their modular skin design. WG hasn't learned his lesson in 10 years, what do you think they suddenly going to implement anything worth while now? 

WG really needs a new game engine.

[WAG]
Members
25 posts
5,498 battles
4 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

LOL WG never learned a lesson from Valve with their modular skin design. WG hasn't learned his lesson in 10 years, what do you think they suddenly going to implement anything worth while now? 

WG really needs a new game engine.

Seriously? Do i smell a team defence fort 2 reference? We already have the camos, no need to plast it on the ship itself. At most make a flag, not an entire premium ship

*salty sailor*

Edited by erickelcapitan

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,033 battles
2 minutes ago, erickelcapitan said:

Seriously? Do i smell a team defence fort 2 reference? We already have the camos, no need to plast it on the ship itself. At most make a flag, not an entire premium ship

*salty sailor*

I WANT MAH BOTES WEARING HATS, YES PLURAL, HATS.

Members
3,787 posts
4,102 battles
2 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

See the source image

Was what I was thinking, heh. We go the way of Overwatch League but with universal recolorable skins. Spend cash to change said colors/logo. Spend even more money to get a universal ARP/HSF type camo for your clan. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[AWLVS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
120 posts
3,017 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 12:32 PM, Kizarvexis said:

Think of how many people they would need to assign to police logo designs. Some countries have strict laws about iconography and WG could be in for a world of hurt if someone broke those laws with their own submitted designs.

Then why are they allowed in world of tanks???

[NMKJT]
Members
3,821 posts

They do it in tanks and planed, why not?

And I don't want a logo on my ship, I want a clan flag for my national flag

[PVE]
Members
16,261 posts
10,788 battles
4 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

Then why are they allowed in world of tanks???

WoT and WoWs are separate companies under Wargaming.

[BSOR]
[BSOR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
67 posts
12,545 battles

how do you put the logo in with aslain's mod?

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
8 posts
7,743 battles
On 4/8/2019 at 3:31 AM, rcorkum said:

how do you put the logo in with aslain's mod?

image.thumb.png.98905d905fe6048013bbb5ecce31d5f0.pngimage.thumb.png.e3fc8cf71c3cb2795aa339c62423c294.png