You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zarenno

How to Brawl With the Pensacola: (Build/Info)

10 comments in this topic

[DOMN8]
Members
151 posts
7,872 battles

How To Brawl with my favorite ship, the USS Pensacola!

What you will need:
BrawlaCola:
15s Reload 203s (Gun upgrade)
B Hull
Gun Range Upgrade

Consumables:
Premium Repair
Hydro (Def AA if you want)
Catapult plane

Upgrades:
Main Armaments Mod 1
Secondary Battery Mod 2
Damage Control Mod 1
Steering Gears Mod 2

Captain Skills (points):
Minimal Build: 
Full Build [Recommended]: Priority Target (1) - Preventative Maintenance(1) -  Expert loader(1) -Expert Marksman(2) - Adrenaline Rush - Basic Firing Training - Advanced Firing Training - Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament - Direction Center for Catapult Plane
Total: 19 pts
Optional: On a 19 point captain, Remove DCCP and Expert marksman for Concealment Expert.
^6.8km secondaries with like 3.8s reload w/ 0 Dispersion.

How to play it:

-Stay close to team
-Stay close to islands
-if your alone and you see a lone cruiser, feel free to rush him. (Make sure you stay angled)
-HE spam bow on BBs, AP spam them if they are within 10km and have broadside exposed. 
-Good Arc on shells means that you can Mortar like an Atlanta (almost). 
-When you see a dd, hydro up, select him on secondaries and shoot. (He will be deleted pretty quick)
-When with team, hide in smoke and rain hell
-Alone with an Enemy BB? Depending on what it is, you can burn them down, and stay angled, so that you bounce shells.
-Planes are great at spotting behind islands and stuff, use them whenever you can, you get 4 uses!
-AP any broadside Cruiser within your 15.6km range, for massive Cit Damage!

REMEMBER: You know why we ask you to recycle your old cans? The Pensacola side armor is just a bunch of them glued together, do not expose your broadside!!

Examples: 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,208 posts
9,799 battles

Very lucky situations.   Just wait till that angle shell goes through your deck.

[SYN]
Members
15,367 posts
12,506 battles

You can do that with almost any cruiser that has enough 203mm guns and good turret traverse.

Members
1,788 posts
15,254 battles

Glad you are enjoying it, please feel free to bring to any random, I do enjoying shooting Pensacolas very much, love harvesting damage and citadel flags of them.  Take great pleasure in seeing multiple Pensi’s on the red team...

Edited by Panzer1113

[-K-]
Members
6,902 posts
11,447 battles
2 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

You can do that with almost any cruiser that has enough 203mm guns and good turret traverse.

Perhaps, but it takes some serious jam to attempt it in the Pensacola.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,578 posts
3,053 battles

That's a bold strategy. I found the Pepsi best a medium range, ambushing IJN cruisers with AP. Then running away fast because every BB on the map instantly starting aiming at you. I think you'll like this until the BBs start deleting you at will.

However, if you can make it work, it sounds fun.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
118 posts
2,288 battles

Until she ends up at T6 and that wonderful Manual Secondary accuracy boost goes bye bye

[DOMN8]
Members
151 posts
7,872 battles

Which is why I am hoping that they can add the USS Salt Lake City (A Pensacola class) as a premium tier 7 USN cruiser. It legit can be a copy and paste of the Pensacola and I would buy it. (But what about muh USS Indianapolis??? It turns too slow, has 1 less gun, and worse secondary placement. Sticks too high above the water for my taste when dodging.)

Members
57 posts
5,183 battles

The Indy has 6 guns up front.  You can square up against any cruiser and delete them because your upfront armor is good enough against 6 and 8 in guns.   I’ve taken on 2 Myokos at once doing this and 5 salvoes later had 50k in damage and 2 kills, not too mention I cleared the cap for the dds.

Be aware of bbs though because you are free food if you do that and they are near you.