Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Co-op question: Bots, and the ships they sail.

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
8,789 posts
5,919 battles

Just how good are they? As far as I can see, Bot ships carry no camo, but what about the things we can't see?

Are the bots all newbies, 19 point captains with skills optimised to their mounts, or somewhere in between?

Are the ships they sail fresh out of the yards ("A" hull, no fire control, engine or torpedo upgrades) or fully upgraded with all propulsion, fire-control, torpedo and gunnery updates?

Do the bots use stock or premium consumables?

Which damage control and gunnery modules do they run (if any)?

Are the answers to any of these things known, and if not, will they ever be?

[T-RIP]
Members
1,596 posts
8,995 battles

Very good questions,

I used to think they were a mirror of what was on the green team, but after many games against them, clearly they're not.

Their secondaries don't fire from the same range as my ship if I have my ship spec'd that way.

I'm thinking they're just stock form, bottom of the ladder. as far as hulls and things go, but as you say, it's never really bee revealed as far as I know.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,557 battles

I think they are completely stock. I first noticed that when I was playing Ryujo in Co-op (because I'm hopeless at any carrier that isn't Hosho in randoms) and the bot CV had stock flight control and planes. If you get close to one you will also notice that they don't have flags (I think).

[BNKR]
Members
447 posts
2,777 battles

I am about 100% sure they are stock configurations. It's the consumables that I wonder about. Took my Kidd out last night in Co-Op* into a tier X game, and the other team had three radar cruisers. None of them popped it, so maybe they don't use such things ... ?

(* I'm only to tier VI in the tech tree, so I only take out my tier VIII premiums in PvE so I don't muck up a high-tier random game  :Smile_teethhappy: )

Edited by MajorEnglush

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
10,734 battles

As of right now, the ship may or may not be fully refitted, it used to be more obvious with the old Kongo and Fuso.

They do not use flags, or premium consumables or captains skills.

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,438 battles

I think they are all stock. If you use PC's, camo and flags, compare your boat to the same bot boat. Your stats will be higher.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,776 posts

I thought WG has said in the past the modules are random and the captains do not use captain skills other than ESP and Increased Shell Normalization and Citadel Mastery.

Occasionally their torps feel like homing torps...

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Is it me, or do they focus on what ever ship is closest to them...at least the low tier bots?

I thought I noticed that if I stay just further away than other friendlies, I don't get fired on. 

[-OPS-]
[-OPS-]
Members
80 posts
13 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Is it me, or do they focus on what ever ship is closest to them...at least the low tier bots?

I thought I noticed that if I stay just further away than other friendlies, I don't get fired on. 

In scenarios, I think that they shoot at the enemy with the lowest health that is in range...this how they focus you

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,499 posts
15,773 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are the bots all newbies, 19 point captains with skills optimised to their mounts, or somewhere in between?

I don't know about co-op, but in the missions and events the bots had access to EVERY Captains skill.

[TLW]
Members
67 posts
9,014 battles

And the all have ESP

for DDs.   I have been chased around the map in a DD and never spotted but they seem to know exactly where t go.   Planes deviate directly towards me as well.

Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
52 minutes ago, horsedoc said:

And the all have ESP

for DDs.   I have been chased around the map in a DD and never spotted but they seem to know exactly where t go.   Planes deviate directly towards me as well.

It's an issue with AI. If the AI had no idea where you were, it would need a bunch of complex coding to tell it where to look for enemies.

Knowing where you are keeps it simple, and avoids long periods of inactivity.

[PVE]
Members
1,675 posts
7,168 battles
3 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

Use to think that....but lately it seems not that way, the other night for example every ship on the BOT team focus fired at me and I was not the closest to any of them, my poor Cleveland did not last very long, you cannot run nor hide, not with the way they seem to be able to hit you no matter what you do. Oh well, sometimes it is what it is.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,662 battles

No captain skills whatsoever other than in ops. otherwise they are a bog standard ship, either fully upgraded or fully stock, no middle ground. 

ON the subject of targeting: it's either closest or lowest health, generally DDs first. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,789 posts
5,919 battles
1 hour ago, Raptor_alcor said:

it's either closest or lowest health, generally DDs first. 

So in other words, put the DDs behind the cruisers and battleships, and let the enemy walk into a wall of heavy calibre gunfire if it wants them that badly? :Smile_teethhappy: 

Sign in to follow this