Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StoptheViolins

Yubari Headed to the Tree for Gold

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

362
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,790 posts

The cruiser size destroyer aka The Floating Citadel is heading to the tech tree with 0.7.0.  As a long time Yubari owner all I can say is if you can play DDs and tolerate armor that can't bounce a check then you'll enjoy this T4 training cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[ARP2]
Members
462 posts
4,216 battles

Looks like a unique little cruiser I'd love to play with my low tier noob friends.

Also Yubari isn't a training cruiser. She's an experimental scout cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,311 battles
15 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

T4 training cruiser.

Yuubari wasn't a training cruiser, she was an experimental light cruiser, the only training cruiser in the game is Katori. Get your facts right.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[ML-S]
Members
320 posts
4,891 battles
3 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Only if you own it already. ;)

No, that is false.  I bought it during the holiday discount for gold.  It’s there already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yuubari wasn't a training cruiser, she was an experimental light cruiser, the only training cruiser in the game is Katori. Get your facts right.

He meant she is a captain trainer in game and not a real life training ship. Get some situational awareness.

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,715 battles

Not a fun ship to play, they told its AA is powerful, yet with 19 point captain AA skill still die by cv. Those gun on her way toooooo much dispersion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
821
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,750 posts
3,574 battles
3 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

Not a fun ship to play, they told its AA is powerful, yet with 19 point captain AA skill still die by cv. Those gun on her way toooooo much dispersion. 

Simple fix for the dispersion, get the Tier 1 accuracy module that she has access to.

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
821
[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,750 posts
3,574 battles
Just now, bandits86 said:

Haha..it get better? Haha :cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

80% accuracy? Her dispersion becomes laser accurate.

~Hunter

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,715 battles
Just now, Hunter_Steel said:

80% accuracy? Her dispersion becomes laser accurate.

~Hunter

Not much  damage with only few pew pew gun. Vs dd may find hard sincw they too agile, the gun may tickle the bb and laugh. Hehe.god i hate that ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,145 posts
10,639 battles
25 minutes ago, Horama said:

No, that is false.  I bought it during the holiday discount for gold.  It’s there already.

It was added for the holiday christmas sale with most of the other premiums. The sale is ending soon and all but a few will no longer be on sale in the tech tree. Yubari is one of those few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
907
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,538 posts
14,051 battles
25 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

Not much  damage with only few pew pew gun. Vs dd may find hard sincw they too agile, the gun may tickle the bb and laugh. Hehe.god i hate that ship

DD aren't agile enough for her guns. I hit a moving, maneuvering DD with every salvo at 8km or less. Multiple hits cripple the DD and it then dies fast. Her agility confounds opposing DD. 

Yubari is best at setting BB afire - repeatedly. I like to use Yamamoto on her and watch the twin pair of tracers fly straight to the target. Little to no dispersion at all.

Her AA is very affective against TB making them deliver spread patterns that Yub-yub can drive thru. Most DB miss, too. Timing the use of the AA consumable is critical.

For those thinking of her she is hilarious fun. But you HAVE to WASD all the time or you'll give some BB driver an orgasm with a dev strike!

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
907
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,538 posts
14,051 battles
29 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

80% accuracy? Her dispersion becomes laser accurate.

~Hunter

You've got it exactly right Hunter_Steel. I'm not sure @bandits86 understands her well.

Yubari requires a specific play style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[GLF]
Beta Testers
601 posts
11,243 battles
4 minutes ago, Khafni said:

DD aren't agile enough for her guns. I hit a moving, maneuvering DD with every salvo at 8km or less. Multiple hits cripple the DD and it then dies fast. Her agility confounds opposing DD. 

Yubari is best at setting BB afire - repeatedly. I like to use Yamamoto on her and watch the twin pair of tracers fly straight to the target. Little to no dispersion at all.

Her AA is very affective against TB making them deliver spread patterns that Yub-yub can drive thru. Most DB miss, too. Timing the use of the AA consumable is critical.

For those thinking of her she is hilarious fun. But you HAVE to WASD all the time or you'll give some BB driver an orgasm with a dev strike!

^^^ Yup, this

As a player with over 1700 battles in her alone, I can tell you that she does just fine vs DD's and other CA/CL's, thank you very much.

As for setting fires?...."campfire burning, campfire burning, ...."

And she shoots down planes like a champ....if your not killing planes with her then your positioning is wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
574
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,324 battles
45 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

Not a fun ship to play, they told its AA is powerful, yet with 19 point captain AA skill still die by cv. Those gun on her way toooooo much dispersion. 

Too much dispersion haha I bout spit out my coffee. You're high dude those guns are the most accurate at tier 4 maybe even higher tiers. Mount the dispersion module. If you can't get them to work then it's operator error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,730
[O_O]
Members
4,949 posts
10,879 battles

Yeah, definitely not "headed" there.  She's already available for 2,250 doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,209 posts
7,240 battles
1 hour ago, StoptheViolins said:

Only if you own it already. ;)

That’s not true. I don’t own one and she has been on the tech tree for weeks now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I bought it two days ago from the Premium store...haven't played it yet as I'm still "studying" at tier 3.  I like the idea of a destroyer lead Cruiser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
834
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,815 posts
5,086 battles

The Yubari is one of the true cruisers that will teach you gunnery.  It's so accurate that if you're aim isn't 100% on target you're gonna miss what you're trying to hit.  Other ships you can be a little off and dispersion and RNG will allow you to land a shell or two, try to do that with the Yubari though and those shells will fall into the water.  Now, that being said.  Yubari as a whole, is not a bad cruiser, it just needs to be played like the squishy floating citadel that it is.  If you're out in the open using range and maneuvering to avoid damage, well that's only going to work for so long until that one shell comes in from out of nowhere, smacks you in the aft and says "surprise, Citadel".  You want to play it like an Atlanta or a USN Gunboat DD.  Find an island, hug it, hide behind it, lob your shells up over the top of it at the BB's who fire too flat to return fire.  Against enemy DD's you want to use your accuracy, guns and ROF to pepper them from bow to stern and push them off the cap zones.  You don't want to push against them too much though because this opens you up to return fire from BB's and enemy cruisers but the HE for only 4 shells will do a surprising amount of damage.  I've actually retired my Yubari.  14 game 49k average damage and 14 wins.  Just don't' wanna mess up her numbers lol

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[DARTH]
Members
541 posts
12,209 battles
25 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

The Yubari is one of the true cruisers that will teach you gunnery.  It's so accurate that if you're aim isn't 100% on target you're gonna miss what you're trying to hit.  Other ships you can be a little off and dispersion and RNG will allow you to land a shell or two, try to do that with the Yubari though and those shells will fall into the water.  Now, that being said.  Yubari as a whole, is not a bad cruiser, it just needs to be played like the squishy floating citadel that it is.  If you're out in the open using range and maneuvering to avoid damage, well that's only going to work for so long until that one shell comes in from out of nowhere, smacks you in the aft and says "surprise, Citadel".  You want to play it like an Atlanta or a USN Gunboat DD.  Find an island, hug it, hide behind it, lob your shells up over the top of it at the BB's who fire too flat to return fire.  Against enemy DD's you want to use your accuracy, guns and ROF to pepper them from bow to stern and push them off the cap zones.  You don't want to push against them too much though because this opens you up to return fire from BB's and enemy cruisers but the HE for only 4 shells will do a surprising amount of damage.  I've actually retired my Yubari.  14 game 49k average damage and 14 wins.  Just don't' wanna mess up her numbers lol

Nice Yubari vid ... almost tempted me to buy one.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×