You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jake_Miller_67

Viewing replays

7 comments in this topic

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,862 posts
8,831 battles

You need to exit the game.  Then double click on the saved replay.  It will open up in the game client.  The saved replay is in the replay folder where the game is installed.

[BB-57]
[BB-57]
Members
181 posts
13,471 battles
17 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You need to exit the game.  Then double click on the saved replay.  It will open up in the game client.  The saved replay is in the replay folder where the game is installed.

Is the control function disabled?  I had to watch an entire match without being able to fast forward.

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles

I wish that there was a built in way to convert replay files directly into video files, because this way, your replay files wouldn't become obsolete the instant a new update drops.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,862 posts
8,831 battles
36 minutes ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

Is the control function disabled?  I had to watch an entire match without being able to fast forward.

Use the <Insert> and <Delete>  keys to fast forward or slow the frame rate.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,888 posts
5,527 battles

Replay controls are far from intuitive sadly.  It's one of the few thing in game I wish would get looked at overhauled.  But considering such a small subsection of the population would use it, doubt it will happen anytime soon.  Controls I know off the top of my head (Even looking it up online from old forum threads and the wiki they've changed)

Insert: increase replay speed

Delete: Slow Replay speed

Home: Normal Speed

End: Pause (I might have this and home mixed up, not at the home PC to check it sorry)

Ctrl+G at beginning of match: Removes the user interface, health bars, names over ships, aiming indicators etc

Since the latest update while watching your replay you'll get this annoying text on screen saying "Press Shift to enter binocular view" and it won't go away.  To remove this either left click your mouse to enter the free camera (Lets you pan around the ship and is not locked to your aiming reticle) and press shift.  If that doesn't work, while in free camera, using your mouse wheel, zoom in until the binocular and crosshair view appears, then scroll back out.  This is usually enough to remove the text for the remainder of the replay. 

Also while in the replay, when it begins sometimes you'll get transparent sections of the ship, front turrets are the most common culprit.  Again to fix this just scroll your mouse wheel up like you were attempting to zoom in on target.  Once your crosshair and binocular view appears, scroll back once to get out of that view and you'll no longer have any see through portions of your ship while in the replay. 

What the replay file is really is a data file that's read by the Warships client so in order to record anything, to put on youtube for instance, you'll first have to convert it to a video file.  I'd recommend this simply because anytime an update drops, be it a major update, or sometimes even one of the micro updates, the Warship client can't "read" the replay file anymore so the replay becomes obsolete.  Sometimes they still work on a micro patch, but not all the time.  If that's something you might be interested in let me know and I'll gladly give some advice, tips/tricks I've learned through doing my own youtube thing for Warships lol. 

• Cool 1